Hoffa does not speak for me.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
^^^Okay, you got me. I was totally full of it, as a painter I would have made $12/hour and I am SOOOOOO grateful to my union for allowing me a better life.

Get over yourself. Perhaps YOU need the union because thats the only way you can make a living to donate all your money to the lower class, Thats great.

My beliefs about the less privileged are exactly that, MINE. If you don't like it well, frankly I don't care. I have these beliefs as an adult who has formed his own ideas and thoughts. I don't need Fox News (your favorite :) ) OR the Tea Party or ANYBODY else to give me any input, but it certainly seems you do

working up a sweat

Postal service loses money because it is run by the government. No profit incentive, poor management.Big Brother keeps it afloat. UPS makes a profit because it is a private sector enterprise and profit is their incentive. If UPS does not create profits, They are out of business and employees are out of job. UPS Teamsters understand that and work hard. Government does not create wealth. They only confiscate your money and pay for Utopian follies.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Postal service loses money because it is run by the government. No profit incentive, poor management.Big Brother keeps it afloat. UPS makes a profit because it is a private sector enterprise and profit is their incentive. If UPS does not create profits, They are out of business and employees are out of job. UPS Teamsters understand that and work hard. Government does not create wealth. They only confiscate your money and pay for Utopian follies.

This is a classic dumb statement by the truly UNINFORMED members of UPS. Its this kind of stupidy you will hear broadcast on fox news and then repeated by persons who are too dumb to understand or TDU.

Then someone else comes along and agrees with it making it even more ridiculous.
""well put!! "" <---gray squirrel

To the both of you, get on your computer, type in US postal service, read about the business, find out how they operate. Read the part about revenue. When you get to the part where the GOVERMENT has nothing to do with the operation, and that NOT ONE DIME of taxpayer money is used for the operation of the postal service, then go to a mirror look at yourself and ask why you are so gulible.

Here ill help you along.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service

The problem with guys like you two, is you hear something on tv, then repeat it without fact checking what you heard. The USPS has a board of directors , and those directors make all the business decisions for the postal service. Congress has oversight on those decisions after they are made.

The US taxpayer hasnt funded the us postal service since 1980 when Reagan Changed the postal service into a quasi independent company of the United States.

Dont embarrass yourself by coming on a board and blaming the US goverment for the postal service woes. Hope this lesson teaches you two to fact check something before you believe it.

Peace.

BrownArmy

Does "everyone" include me? When I applied for UPS it was part time for some extra cash, NOT because I "KNEW" it was a union job. I did not know, nor did I care.

You do understand, though, that if UPS wasn't a UNION shop, then the same job you do today would likely pay 12-15$ an hour, you would have to pay for your benefits, you wouldn't have a pension, etc. etc.

I doubt you're itching for a FEDEX job.

So, I'm just saying, I have issues with the UNION as well, but it's a bit disingenuous for you to come on and say that "UPS feeds me" and that you don't need the UNION.

To Be Honest I don't care about the union. I don't NEED them to protect my job, since I do a good job. Also, they are NOT the hand that feeds me. UPS feeds me, the union negotiates my pay and to thank them I pay union dues, they aren't negotiating for me out of the goodness of their heart.

Yes, yes, of course, the UNION is a business. It's true!

I'm glad that you do such a good job that you will never need the UNION to protect it.

Until you do.

And then you'll be the newborn ***** crying to the UNION to protect your job.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Typical m.o. ....calling what people say dumb! Now I suppose he doesn't understand either ....broken record!!

You know moreluck, there is an explanation for your thoughts on this subject and it goes like this.

LIKE MINDS THINK ALIKE.

What I posted are FACTS ( I know those escape you) and what they posted is nonsense.

I can see why your confused, but why are they?

Peace.

satellitedriver

Dont let the door hit you on the way out. Enjoy your minimum wage job that awaits you after rick perry creates it for you. You sir, dont have the juevos to back up your words. If you did, you would turn in your union card today and walk out on principle.

Unfortunately, principle is meaningless to people who parade around calling themselves patriots.

peace.

Ha, ha.
:laughing:
I have the"eggs" and they are huevos rancheros.-(not juevos)
I had the cojones to quit the teamsters in 1997, on principle.
Guess what, I still am making $85,000.00 a year, plus benefits.

Patriotism has nothing to do with following a party line.
I will protect my cojones and you can play with your juevos, that is if you have any.
Just saying.

satellitedriver

You said "obama wants to PAY 2 billion to brazil to make new jobs for them"

Well, youre sorta right, but mostly wrong ( your common theme) What Obama is doing is "LOANING" Petrobras (brazils largest oil company) 2 billion in LOAN GUARANTEES at a high rate of interest for their projects. This money to be PAID BACK with interest.

This "INTEREST" will help pay off our national debt.

There is no cash out of pocket and only loan guarantees. There is a Brazillian bank (Ex-Im Bank) involved who will front the money to Petrobras and the US Goverment will back the LOAN.

Its a LOAN moreluck, not a cash giveaway as you purport it to be. Its a business deal that will earn the USA MONEY, revenue to pay down our debts. You act like this is the first time in history a president gives a loan to a foriegn country.

How about the tens of billions of dollars BUSH loaned Saudi Arabia for drilling oil? Then they charged us 150 dollars a barrel right afterwards? Oh yeah, just like in MEN IN BLACK, the republicans came with the dark glasses and wiped out your memory so you cant recall that one.

A business investment to make money. Pretty cut and dried moreluck.

Under Obama and Bush, tons of leases off shore have been granted but the oil companies havent put a drill into the ground as of today. You seem to be of the opinion that "our" oil companies want to drill for more oil and reduce the price per barrel and reduce their profits?

Im not sure where you got your business degree, but that aint in the cards. They want the price of oil high, they have no intention on driving the price per barrel down to 30 bucks, morons like Michele Bachman want to guarantee us 200 dollar a gallon gas and look whats happened to her afterwards, shes losing ground. Down to 4% right after winning the IOWA straw poll. She opens her mouth, makes a ridiculous promise about oil and the forces behind the republican party ( the oil industry) make sure she sinks to 4%.

President Obama supports all Union members. The infrastrucure jobs he speaks of across the country are all union construction jobs and all private industry jobs. Many people will be employed if the republicans just jump on board or get out of the way.

If the private industry does not want to get our economy going because they are (according to foxed spews) afraid of the future, then whos left to jump start it? Obama came in with high hopes of cooperation and rebound.

Instead, all he got was opposition from the republicans and layoffs from the private sector as they hold "record" profits during his administration.

If anyone is screwing america, its the republican party and corporate america, but wait, its always been that way.

Peace.
Quick solution.
We drill our own known oil and natural gas deposits.
Use our vast coal deposits to make synthetic fuels and lubricants.
American jobs in America.
American money invested in America.
Nah, that just doesn't make sense.
Sorry, I brought it up.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Quick solution.
We drill our own known oil and natural gas deposits.
Use our vast coal deposits to make synthetic fuels and lubricants.
American jobs in America.
American money invested in America.
Nah, that just doesn't make sense.
Sorry, I brought it up.

I agree with you with a couple of exceptions.

1) shale gas- the process for extraction isnt safe yet. As the industry finds ways to protect the ground well water from the extreme pollution effects of the extraction, I am sure at some point it will be a safe process and wont put people at risk. The real problem is what to do with the contaminated water after it is used. That water has to be extracted itself then professionally removed and disposed of. You just cant put that water anywhere. I have a few suggestions, like using the water on the grass at senior citizens retirement golf courses, or putting out the fires in texas, but those are only suggestions.

2) Drilling our own oil. This is the idea that has been sold to americans by the republicans for years now. To bad its not true. Dril drill drill is the repetition that is used to convince its followers that its intentions are to make things better for americans. The reality is, they dont want to drill.

First of all, BUSH was for expanding drilling in the GULF and off florida, and called for congress to approve the drilling. But what happened??? Easy, his father, BUSH Sr. signed a LAW / BILL that prevented such expansion into the gulf along with JEB Bush signing a similiar law in Florida. Bush was faced with having to overturn his father and brothers actions and he quickly backed off the idea. He called for drilling in Alaska, expanded leases there, but the oil companies "CHOSE" to leave those leases empty because the price of crude was dropping just before the 2008 election.

With respect to refining, 50% of our refining capacity was REDUCED under Reagan and Bush1 in price manipulation moves that caused the price of crude oil to rise out of the 5 dollar a barrel zone and by the time BUSH1 left office, oil prices for crude quintupled.

I agree Sat, if the republicans were for real, these two areas would create jobs, but its a hoax. The reality for oil is that the oil companies have NO INTENTION of driving prices DOWN. That isnt in their best interests.

Taking oil back to the 30 dollar a barrel range will cut profits from the 100 billion a quarter to 10 billion a quarter range and I dont think any of you believe they would want to do this voluntarily.

The natural gas in shale is a good idea, but it needs refining before it can become practical. The cost to safely remove the gas may be cost prohibitive and kill the concept, but the industry has to be resourceful and find a way.

The environmental impacts of extracting natural gas are extreme. If you just listen to fox news , you would get the impression that taking it out of the ground is as easy as pulling a cork, but its mis informing the public.
http://www.energybulletin.net/stori...extraction-environment-and-human-heath-report

Peace.

Leftinbuilding

This is a classic dumb statement by the truly UNINFORMED members of UPS. Its this kind of stupidy you will hear broadcast on fox news and then repeated by persons who are too dumb to understand or TDU.

Then someone else comes along and agrees with it making it even more ridiculous.
""well put!! "" <---gray squirrel

To the both of you, get on your computer, type in US postal service, read about the business, find out how they operate. Read the part about revenue. When you get to the part where the GOVERMENT has nothing to do with the operation, and that NOT ONE DIME of taxpayer money is used for the operation of the postal service, then go to a mirror look at yourself and ask why you are so gulible.

Here ill help you along.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service

The problem with guys like you two, is you hear something on tv, then repeat it without fact checking what you heard. The USPS has a board of directors , and those directors make all the business decisions for the postal service. Congress has oversight on those decisions after they are made.

The US taxpayer hasnt funded the us postal service since 1980 when Reagan Changed the postal service into a quasi independent company of the United States.

Dont embarrass yourself by coming on a board and blaming the US goverment for the postal service woes. Hope this lesson teaches you two to fact check something before you believe it.

Peace.

USPS does not pay Federal Taxes. Do they pay road use taxes? Vehicle registration fees? Fairly sizable exemptions. So saying they "receive no taxpayer monies" is a typical liberal twist of words.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
USPS does not pay Federal Taxes. Do they pay road use taxes? Vehicle registration fees? Fairly sizable exemptions. So saying they "receive no taxpayer monies" is a typical liberal twist of words.

The only taxpayer money the USPS uses is money spent on laws for the elderly and govermental use. That is tax payer money. There is no taxpayer money being used for operational purposes directly allocated out of the US treasury.

The only twist my friend is in your mind. Was that the best offering you could come up with to fit your dialog of Foxed spews reporting?

You are talking about exemptions and not operational costs. I challenged all of you right wing drones to POST something that demonstrates where the federal goverment and the US treasury allocates money for the operational aspect of the postal service, and none of you can do it.

The best you could come up with is exemptions.

Pretty weak. A used Tea Bag would have a stronger argument, and I dont mean Michele Bachman.

None of you have the first clue how the USPS operates other than what you have heard from right wing blowhards whos intention was to mis informe you in the first place.

When Reagan changed the post office in 1980, he ended all tax payer sudsidies for the postal service. At that time in history, USPS revenue was at all time highs. Expansion was on the horizon. Nobody knew that 20 years later, the internet would ultimately kill the postal service and their business model.

No matter what the reality is, the GOVERMENT does not run the postal service, and if you are a person who says "they do", you need to find out for yourself what reality is, and then stop saying that.

It is a privately run business for the goverment and not a goverment agency.

Lets keep the facts straight.

Peace.