Hoffa! LOL

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
So I wonder if the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) thugs that Obama has called in to "monitor" the town hall meetings are actually union members or just thugs. Since the union is outsourcing jobs to contractors while laying off their own........

When the ship full of rats sink.....

d

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I will say there is a lot of room for improvement with Hoffa at the reins, but what in particular do you fellas wish he would do while he is there. Do you remember Carey? Just curious.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't know who will run against Hoffa in the next election. Tom L didn't fair that well last time, is there anybody new stepping up? Just wondering........

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
Do you remember Carey? Just curious.
i owe my job to Ron Carey. if it wasn't for him there would be no combos, there would be no full time outside of package car and feeder. and it looks like Jimmy "the joke" Hoffa wants to undo everything that happened in 97.

Solidarity413

Thanks for posting this Red. What a joke. Maybe Hoffa could spare a few bucks off his salary to help keep them employed.

I remember Carey everytime I look at a combo employee.

:rofl::rofl:Those people are not even teamsters. They are employees who were negotiating a contract and chose to strike. Janitors and office clerks. Fine. They could strike. You don't have to cross unless of course you're getting a check. Do you expect the IBT to say "Okay we respect and will support your strike and will not cross your picket line"

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I really dont think this is as much the employees against the teamsters as it is Sweeny is flexing his muscle to make Hoffa look bad. It would seem that the two boys are trying to each be top dog of the labor movement.

I say get rid of both.

d

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I want to see pictures of Hoffa crossing a picket line.

It would make a great poster against him come next election .

M

Mike23

Thanks Hoffa! Canada UPS contract is up in 2010 and you just gave them the ok to use the, 'well, times our tough, we can't afford it' excuse since you used it yourself!

If I had any damn connections or any political swave I'd run but I tend to tell people they're idiots if I think they're an idiot.

705red

Browncafe Steward
:rofl::rofl:Those people are not even teamsters. They are employees who were negotiating a contract and chose to strike. Janitors and office clerks. Fine. They could strike. You don't have to cross unless of course you're getting a check. Do you expect the IBT to say "Okay we respect and will support your strike and will not cross your picket line"
So what if they are not Teamsters! They are our fellow union members! How many non Teamsters from other unions supported us in 97?

I wouldn't deliver a package to our house if there were picket signs up on the lemonade stand in the driveway!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I really dont think this is as much the employees against the teamsters as it is Sweeny is flexing his muscle to make Hoffa look bad. It would seem that the two boys are trying to each be top dog of the labor movement.

I say get rid of both.

d
I have issues with both of them, but I would like to know when he grew a back bone and learned how to take a hard stand like he is, it sure wasn't the last two contracts he negotiated for national UPSers.

Look at YRC you had 3 locals from Chicago tell him and YRC enough is enough and now Penn the money making part of YRC also voted it down after Hoffa said it was necessary!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So what if they are not Teamsters! They are our fellow union members! How many non Teamsters from other unions supported us in 97?

I wouldn't deliver a package to our house if there were picket signs up on the lemonade stand in the driveway!

Can your kids compete with the non-union lemonade stand down the street?