How does the 9-5 list work?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok...after we do it your way and after that you go over.....please explain what those consequences are. Sounds like a gripe to me.

That's what your paying the fat cats in Washington D.C. to negotiate the consequences

Your a little slow on the uptake aren't ya. It's ok

Over70irregs

If I'm not mistaken the union allowed the change in 9.5 language before the last contract was even up. If I'm mistaken let me know. I knew about the change even before the shop stewards did.

By The Book

That's pretty good info. Because I know next week I'll be over 9.5 probly everyday. What if thier "numbers" show they dispatched a 9.5. But u run .50 over
If you're on the list, now your center team will manage your hours. You could work 2 over 9.5 days Monday and Tuesday, then they may instruct you to be under the other 3 days. If you comply you will be under the 3 days if you don't they can get you for failure to follow instructions. If you go over 9.5 after they've instructed you to be under, getting paid on a grievance won't go so well,IMO. Every center handles the 9.5 list differently. You don't get to choose the days they dispatch you over, and it will vary.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's why I said to "some". You are a very skilled driver with a lot of area knowledge and experience. My apologies.....I should have said except @UpstateNYUPSer.

I had a cover driver who asked me how I dealt with the pickups on the run, which are nowhere near the order they need to be in. I told him to look at the time of the pickup rather than the order in which they are listed. Pickups do not factor in to our Orion trace (yet).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think this is accurate. In our local they're saying you need to qualify to be on the 9.5 list for each route your on, if your a cover driver.
Your local sucks then.

There is no wording in the national saying 9.5 is route specific. I'm a cover driver and I'm covered on any route they put me on.

By The Book

You should just be able to say put me on the list until farther notice. Instead they basically get a week free to violate or 2 days a week an unlimited amount.
I get what your saying....until further notice, however trying to have a verbal agreement and the ability to prove something when it comes time to file a grievance is lacking.