How does UPS plan to survive in the future?

jaker

trolling
Do they have a plan to keep people from losing their careers? I dont want to start a career with them when im 18 and have them go out of business years later or something. They've been around since 1907 for gods sake.
Op remember this there is a whole lot of people way above you that don't won't ups to go anywhere also and they are the ones who make the decision

Ups going out of business no , ups becoming the worst place to work for yeah that can happen and you are already seeing the word get out now with how bad they can hire nobody for the season

Box Ox

Do they have a plan to keep people from losing their careers? I dont want to start a career with them when im 18 and have them go out of business years later or something. They've been around since 1907 for gods sake.

Can happen anywhere. Software engineers can be replaced by H1B visa workers and then "age out" when they're "too old" to keep up with the self taught and college grad kids who know the newest stuff. Like in their 40s.

Accountants and Lawyers replaced by computational/form generating software. Doctors replaced by surgeons operating remotely. Etc.

Very few professions are both good/high paying and safe.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I was going to tell you what an idiotic thread this is but I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Ms.PacMan

I could envision a Teamster in a self driving vehicle (maybe a straight truck) dropping off parcels to neighborhood delivery people/helpers who then deliver door to door (similar to a paper route). They could use the cellphone app to scan the parcels and when they stop complete the delivery the agreed upon rate is immediately deposited in their debit card.

ups1990

Hey goof, the fact UPS has been around since 1907 means something. What company do you believe would be a safer career choice?
Goofball and dingdong didn't want any of that?

The company was here before all of us were born and will continue to exist after we've passed away.

As I was reading the post, couldn't help but to think of Miss-teen South Carolina 2007. " I personally believe, some people don't have maps".......