How prepared is your center for peak?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
In our center (about forty routes out of main center with a satellite building that normally sees 7-8 routes) we have seen a summer/fall hiring spree with more new FT drivers that I can name.

However we don't have that many spare PCs so unless new vehicles start showing up we will need lots of rentals.

Also I hear we will have several more peak routes from the satellite building but there is no more room in it so apparently some will get to load outside in winter conditions. I hope to avoid that.
We ran out of PCs for our back to school peak, so this will also be a huge issue for us going into peak. What will all these new "trained" drivers be driving?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We got over 20 new cars in the past week. Also been using rentals for over a month now. They are at least trying.

Z

ZQXC

When this peak is over, somebody please send me one of those new trucks. My POS 800 should have gone to the crusher several years ago......

10 point

In our center (about forty routes out of main center with a satellite building that normally sees 7-8 routes) we have seen a summer/fall hiring spree with more new FT drivers that I can name.

However we don't have that many spare PCs so unless new vehicles start showing up we will need lots of rentals.

Also I hear we will have several more peak routes from the satellite building but there is no more room in it so apparently some will get to load outside in winter conditions. I hope to avoid that.
Dont worry. They'll get you a tent.
We got over 20 new cars in the past week. Also been using rentals for over a month now. They are at least trying.
So that's where all the new PCs went too.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I see new faces and new trucks but alas no new routes. They have yet to add any split cars that are usually in by this time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Highly efficient cube vans.

Figure on bailing them out every night.
2014-10-06-10-33-56-1979862219.jpeg
Beep beep!

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
My center is repairing all the old handcarts by welding parts from 2 or 3 different handcarts trying to make one that will actually work.
We are doomed.
And I will be making bank.
My center is taking two half-tards and combining the few working pieces and making on-road and orion supvs out of them.