How prepared is your center for peak?

tre305

Well besides guys who haven't even been on the preload 3 months, that are now TCDs, the addition of two new temp belts, and the extension of another one, instead of us capping off at around 40k last peak we're looking at around 50k this peak. I can't wait to see the ridiculous start times for this one as well as what they plan to do with all the volume we can't push out anymore after I'd say around 35k which is pretty much the limit my center was built for.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Obviously some of these new guys,wont be able to handle peak. They should just use some of them,as a glorified helper.
Put 2 guys,that can use a DIAD ,in a truck for a full shift.

Then have somebody shuttle more packages out,in the rental trucks.
Excellent idea saw your post earlier had to food shop but I like the idea that way they don't send us to help them, its a different generation of drivers coming up with different job ethics . I could tell them some overloaded stories all day. Stories of almost quitting it got so bad, but now its different, management knows what we are dealing with ,they just can't say anything in fear of their job. Operation reports and the reality of delivering are now so far away from each other its not even funny its hilarious.

upsbeernut

Came up with part solution for peak, take a 24 footer and park it between 2 or three routes then have it separated for each route with constant contact among the drivers. Optional drive to where the driver is or go back to where its parked. They want everything out of the building well out of sight out of mind. Give us room in our trucks. Everyone knows if you can walk thru its manageable . Or like4u said run timed sensitive shuttles. That would work and it would give us more room constantly. I almost put a 10 foot conveyor in the back that someone at a warehouse threw out. Put each package on it by the helper then open the bulkhead and leave it open in neighborhoods. Productivity hello!

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Came up with part solution for , peak take a 24 footer and park it between 2 or three routes then have it separated for each route with constant contact among the drivers. Optional drive to where the driver is or go back to where its parked. They want everything out of the building well out of sight out of mind. Give us room in our trucks. Everyone knows if you can walk thru its manageable . Or like4u said run timed sensitive shuttles. That would work and it would give us more room constantly.
How about build another building...or expand the one we're in? So we can have more belts...and have room for more cars to run more routes....thus needing more drivers!

upsbeernut

How about build another building...or expand the one we're in? So we can have more belts...and have room for more cars to run more routes....thus needing more drivers!
I agree, but they won't budge on that. We have needed exactly what you have suggested for years. We are going back to room just like the back of the truck at peak. You know how easy it would be to park and get out earlier because 10 minutes in the building is about a half hour to 45 out on the route.

10 point

Driver in the center 35 miles from ours said the center manager told them they'd be erecting a large TENT outside the building to load cars in.

You've got to be kidding me. A tent.

Can't wait to see it on TV after the first straight line wind.

upsbeernut

Driver in the center 35 miles from ours said the center manager told them they'd be erecting a large TENT outside the building to load cars in.

You've got to be kidding me. A tent.

Can't wait to see it on TV after the first straight line wind.
Get the grill out and make it a tailgate party with tents rented from the local aarons rental. Lets start a nice campfire and make s'mores and sing Xmas songs. Make sure the loaders get fed so they will show up everyday.