husband terminated...advice please.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The methods are not full-proof and all encompassing.
They are an outline of valid suggestions.
Anybody who thinks that anyone can perform completely within 340+ perimeters, for 8-12 hours on a given day, is disillusion.
This job has far too many variables to expect this from any driver.
We, as a union, have to protect this notion.

God, this is why feeders is such a better job than package car. Generally speaking, if you're safe, you're golden. That's the only thing we, in feeders, worry about. No more trying to remember every nit-picking thing that could have possibly changed the day before. Many of us joke that if we had to go back to package car, we'd just retire. That's how much different feeders is from PC.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Generally speaking, if every driver is safe....

Why worry about anything ?

-Bug-

Well, that's kind of my point. If you keep it in-between the digits, you've got nothing to worry about. Accidents are about the only thing that will get you fired in feeders. It's also why a large percentage of feeder drivers just call-in on heavy snow/ice days. Why take a chance?

I don't worry.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i know very few if any feeder drivers that call out on heavy snow/ice days. we have a lot of pride on being the "Best of The West." our drivers are talked about all over the west coast for winter performance.

in 25 years I never called in sick on a snow night. and we have potentially 6 months of winter driving conditions.

I'm talking about Sparks, NV . ( thought you were feeder here too )

Wilson

Absolutely show up. Don't care if he has to sleep in the car.

He needs to go to the panel. Appearance means alot.

1, You ALL NEED TO GO to the hearing. Your husband, you, and bring the twins. Have you and the twins sit right behind your husband at the hearing. Its one thing to fire a single person its another to kick a whole family on to the street.

2, If he was just trying to save time then he wasn't intentionally trying to "defraud" the company. Thats an important point. Your husband may have missed sheeted some package but it wasn't to profit by it. Make sure that's said at the hearing.

1, You ALL NEED TO GO to the hearing. Your husband, you, and bring the twins. Have you and the twins sit right behind your husband at the hearing. Its one thing to fire a single person its another to kick a whole family on to the street.

2, If he was just trying to save time then he wasn't intentionally trying to "defraud" the company. Thats an important point. Your husband may have missed sheeted some package but it wasn't to profit by it. Make sure that's said at the hearing.
Not sure who they will let into the meeting. They gave me a hard time because I wasn't part of the case or a steward.

Wilson

Not sure who they will let into the meeting. They gave me a hard time because I wasn't part of the case or a steward.

If he has a good BA then he/she will know what impact that will have. I would if I was the mom/wife insist even if I had to make a scene at the hearing. They are not just firing him they are putting the whole family on the street and they need to see that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If he has a good BA then he/she will know what impact that will have. I would if I was the mom/wife insist even if I had to make a scene at the hearing. They are not just firing him they are putting the whole family on the street and they need to see that.

The OP put himself and his family on the street by taking a shortcut.

Rainman

Its all good.
The OP put himself and his family on the street by taking a shortcut.
Nobody's perfect. Even you. You have years of experience dealing with the company, knowing what can and cannot be done. The OP's husband doesn't have any where near that much experience. Show a little compassion. You would want others to cut you some slack if the situation were reversed.

OP, try to show face at the panel if you can. It can only help. Don't pay attention to the negative posts that some, particularly Upstate, have posted. We have a few too many bad attitudes on here, but most of the group is a good bunch of people.

Keep hanging in there, I wish the best for you.