I guess I hate dogs

Over 70

I had my first owner called and said the dogs ate the pkgs in the driveway this week. It brought a smile to my face.

Next time screw em. NI1,2,3 DOG see ya.

Over 70

Did you leave it behind a gate or something?

Right out the door of the pkg car in the middle of driveway out in country at a house with 6 dogs. I've talked to the owner before and said I'm not comfortable delivering if they're out. Tried to be nice and get them their stuff.

Future

Victory Ride
Right out the door of the pkg car in the middle of driveway out in country at a house with 6 dogs. I've talked to the owner before and said I'm not comfortable delivering if they're out. Tried to be nice and get them their stuff.
Never had that one happen too me ...or alleged by the customer ........yet ...

Over 70

Then you get the owners who say "well the bid driver usually has treats for him"

Sorry lady I'm PT making 18 bucks an hour and have a family with young kids. I don't care about feeding your damn dogs so they don't bite me. NI1 See ya!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I had a golden retriever try to bite me. The only reason he didn't succeed was because he got my jacket sleeve instead. lol.
I had one with his hair standing on the spine... barking at me.

whip out a dog treat & he changed dramatically. He Rolled over then stood up on 2 legs, LoL

OrioN

Then you get the owners who say "well the bid driver usually has treats for him"

Sorry lady I'm PT making 18 bucks an hour and have a family with young kids. I don't care about feeding your damn dogs so they don't bite me. NI1 See ya!

Meh, I'm making less and at least I know rural route= be prepared for dogs... the pussilanimous cover UPS drivers leave the stuff at the edge of the driveways if there's signs of loose dogs.

I gained area knowledge over the past year at my FX bid route to know which addresses have naughty or nice dogs

OrioN

Not choo! I'm replying to over 70.... DR MC Dog... don't bring back send agains, unless it's High Value or Signature Required

Edit

That particular customer should have a package shed made outta free pallet wood, roof & walls to keep those loose dogs from getting at the boxes

d21bd3d3240ccf4c37e889651f027fa4--package-box-package-drop-box-diy.jpg

A couple of my rural customers have bigger versions of that... so I don't need weather bags

Last edited:

MC0493

Tough struggle for me as i am a dog person but i just hate dealing with them while working. I'm pretty good with getting a feeling for how a dog will act, but you still get surprised plenty often. I was bit once and have had close calls since. Now i'll just get in a screaming match and back if i've got one coming at me and usually that's stops them and we go our seperate ways.

Over 70

My supervisor said quote "I don't give a flying :censored2: if they get their stuff, if dogs are loose and you feel threatened NI1 and they can put them away or come get their :censored2:. We don't want you getting bit."

I don't want to miss work, get painful rabies shots, etc just so some dip:censored2: gets their 5 dollar phone case off Amazon. I'm not a pusillanimous, just smart and working as directed to put food on the table.