I need guidance, and advice very badly.

barnyard

KTM rider
You did not sign a PT to FT bid because you were on disability??

Going to have to wait till another is hung. I have seen it happen in my building. If you cannot fulfill the bid when you sign, you are deemed not eligible.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
That is true, but how can the Union fight for another employee to come back from disability and dove tail onto bids he missed, and not allow another to do it? I have a feeling I wasn't suppose to know this information. If this ends up being the case is there a way to go to someone higher up in the union and make a complaint?

Johney

Sorry about the paragraphs guys, I actually made an effort at one point to use them, but to be honest it was so convoluted, and I was in such a rush to get my thoughts typed out I just made it run together. I apologize for that part, I'm not a writer so I wouldn't have known where to begin to put them in that mess I wrote.

As for calling while I was out, I usually do this if I'm on vacation, I'll text a buddy or call dispatch and ask them, however this time it was the last thing on my mind to be honest. I seriously didn't even think about it. Which is on me.

As far as everything else goes, I'm grateful I have a job, and I will file the grievance and just see how that goes. I will however be bugging the Union Rep until he gives me some info.
That right there is going to be your downfall. Go ahead and file your grievance, but don't hold your breath.

Johney

That is true, but how can the Union fight for another employee to come back from disability and dove tail onto bids he missed, and not allow another to do it? I have a feeling I wasn't suppose to know this information. If this ends up being the case is there a way to go to someone higher up in the union and make a complaint?
Did this other employee sign the bid even out on disability? You didn't sign it at all right?

barnyard

KTM rider
You did not sign.

It is not up to anyone other than you to know if there is something to sign. If a boss calls you at home to say, "Hey, there is a bid up you might want to sign." That is cool, but is absolutely not required.

You can suggest that if they go through the bid sheet to fill feeder positions that you would like to sign before off the street hires are offered positions. That is going to be the best that they can do for you, I suspect.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
To the best of my knowledge you are not eligible to sign a bid sheet if you are on disability of any kind.

There would be one exception....

If someone on workers comp or disability, has a "Medical Release" date prior

to the contractual implementation of the bid.

As you said.... the company doesn't have to "hold" the bid open.

You missed the chance to go full time because you did not sign the bid list, regardless of the reason.

Pretty much.... But, depending on if they need him.

Meaning, they could let him in.... and end-tail in seniority.

I will file the grievance and just see how that goes.

Atta boy.

But.... you can't slam your Local for the situation.

-Bug-

OPTION3

aaaazppppppppppppppppppppfpppfpfpfpfpappapdfpaspsppapsdpapsdpapsdpaspapfspfpapdfpapsdfpaspfpaspgdfpgapdfgpdfphdfghdfpghjpdjpdgjfdjfpghjpfpghkpfghkpghpkpghkpghplkpghjplpglpghplkpghpkpghpkgphphlpphjpg…..sorry I fell asleep on the keyboard…Good God!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Should be a little easier read now guys and gals. I am not a grammatical engineer, he did try at first to put in paragraphs, so I broke it up a little. It is all pertinent info he is writing about. Give him a break on his long read, and actually read it if you can help him.
I think since you were off on med leave, had no way to know what was posted, you should be able to get it fixed. You should have been notified a bid sheet came up if you were off, but thats just my opinion, based on what I have seen.

greengrenades

Did this other employee sign the bid even out on disability? You didn't sign it at all right?

Johney, he didn't sign the bids at all. When he came back to work he filed a grievance and they dove tailed him onto the list. I don't know what that term means but that is what I was told. They put him on all the bids he had missed.

wayfair

swollen member
I don't think you can go straight to feeders from package handler, without driver experience... that and you have to have a clean driving record as well

Johney

Johney, he didn't sign the bids at all. When he came back to work he filed a grievance and they dove tailed him onto the list. I don't know what that term means but that is what I was told. They put him on all the bids he had missed.
If that's the case then so should you.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't think you can go straight to feeders from package handler, without driver experience... that and you have to have a clean driving record as well
Depends on the supplement. Under the Atlantic Area part time employees can go if not enough full timers sign up.

greengrenades

Yea you can do this, it's happening as we speak. They had a part timer in the last class, he already had his Class A license and dot from a previous job and they took him immediately. If that is what you meant by supplement allowing them to bid into feeders I guess I didn't understand the question, sorry. I thought you meant through the feeder bid sheet, but they are pulling part timers from a part time to full time bid, with no on road experience.

They are also not really going by seniority they are going by first come first serve. So lets say A package driver agrees to go to feeders but takes 8 days to get his stuff together and a part timer takes 4 they are taking the part timer first. Which I find to be absurd.