I Voted No

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not everyone is a delivery driver. The majority of future PT will be falling even farther behind in wages.
....and those who go to work part-time at a transportation company with no aspirations to drive, should know that career opportunities are extremely limited.

With that in mind, what are "falling behind" in?

9.5mania

"Vote No" is a culture that was cultivated over multiple concessionary contract cycles among UPS employees.

It's hard to blame them, but I sincerely hope there are enough free thinkers to realize we have beat back much of what was lost and have begun a new era....

....and that we can't do much better than what's being voted on for this contract.

Let's ratify this contract and set our sights on new goals in five years.
This is the crazy thing, we are the vote no culture because we’ve seen the bad contracts ( in fact, I’ve never voted for a southern supplemental and only voted for 1 out of 3 masters), but we all agree this one is the best masters agreement by far and should be a yes. It’s these new guys who think it’s all or nothing that’s wanting to vote no, at least that’s the case in Louisiana. Is it perfect, no, but this is the kind of win you build on. The No’s aren’t coming from the disgruntled old timers but the entitled new folks, at least that’s the case in my neck of the woods.

PT Car Washer

....and those who go to work part-time at a transportation company with no aspirations to drive, should know that career opportunities are extremely limited.

Starting PT wage going from $21/hr to $23/hr while FT delivery driver wages will be $49/hr. Of course I know your answer will be "I got mine." Only the Teamsters would consider this a win.

PT Car Washer

Not everyone working at a transportation company are drivers. Some are Porters earning over $40/hrs cleaning the toilets and dumping the trash cans. But they are Union members earning a Union wage and not minimum wage.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not everyone working at a transportation company are drivers. Some are Porters earning over $40/hrs cleaning the toilets and dumping the trash cans. But they are Union members earning a Union wage and not minimum wage.
What percentage of the 340,000 are 22.2 porters making that money and how many years does it take to win that bid (as a full-timer)?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Starting PT wage going from $21/hr to $23/hr while FT delivery driver wages will be $49/hr. Of course I know your answer will be "I got mine." Only the Teamsters would consider this a win.
Nope, that's where we start.

Where we end up is an individual choice and not for everyone, as it always has been.

Jim Rockford

There’s dozens of things these vote no people want to change, there’s no one or two issues to rally around.

22.4….gone
Forced sixth day….gone
Inward facing camera/sensor…gone
Air conditioning…done

Those are some pretty heavy hitters.
Not enough protections for pregnant men. That my hold out.

Thebrownblob

Thanks for fixing that for me. Our PTers and Cover Drivers have been.
Crazy, So do you think a panel would actually uphold forced sixth day of a part-time employee? Seems like that would be pretty unfai To the part timer. The company refuses to hire enough employees so a part timer is forced. possibly losing or jeopardizing another job they might have? Boggles my mind, because those employees here would just quit.

542thruNthru

Crazy, So do you think a panel would actually uphold forced sixth day of a part-time employee? Seems like that would be pretty unfai To the part timer. The company refuses to hire enough employees so a part timer is forced. possibly losing or jeopardizing another job they might have? Boggles my mind, because those employees here would just quit.
Well it went on for years. Our RPCDs didn't really get forced much because the cover drivers were forced.

Personally I don't know if there ever has been a national decision.