I Voted No

Huh?

You said you voted no because you did not get a pension contribution increase in this contract. Well, your actuaries said they did not need it and your pension will still increase over the next 5 years. That's what your plan told SOB and the negotiating committee, as they negotiated Article 34. You're projected to have a monthly increase of $1500/mo over the life of the contract without any pension contribution increase in the contract.

So your pension fund did not need a pension contribution increase to increase your pension payout. They are already taking in plenty of money. I think it is $14/hr.

Work 35 years in the West, you'll see $90K in pension after this contract.

Work 35 years in the Central, you'll see $68K in pension after this contract.

And you voted no.
Yes, we do not need an increase in contributions to keep the plan healthy. Yes, our pensions will only grow at the rate of the last year of the last contract. No, no one will see $90k when they hit 35 years during this contract.

You wanna preach to me about what I voted against, as if I don't know my plan better than you. You make up numbers just to be pissed about something.

You say we deserve the same pay for the same work, so I'll ask again, if I invest that pay and end up with more money than you, is that fair?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You are 100% wrong

But you all go ahead and vote no
And the people like you won't be working here because you will all be gone
He isn't wrong. We are headed into the busy season. Do you really think volume will go down? There will be no strike considering they had a hand shake agreement. Which turns into if it gets voted down they go back and start more bargaining until it gets voted in.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He isn't wrong. We are headed into the busy season. Do you really think volume will go down? There will be no strike considering they had a hand shake agreement. Which turns into if it gets voted down they go back and start more bargaining until it gets voted in.
They go back to bargaining while you walk a picket line. No contract, no work.

Thebrownblob

I would have liked to see a monetary reward for working thru the pandemic. Maybe $10k per employee.
I already got my reward…… I’m a hero😂
1691596654646.jpeg