If you are thinking about voting NO…

Pullman Brown

Well, my opinion is no one should’ve been forced to choose. $21 hour is exactly where I thought it would be and I think it’s fair this time.

So instead of dividing the part timers from full timers we have a divided pension geographical plan divide amongst full-timers. There is always going to be a divide it’s just a question of who.

Thebrownblob

Unfortunately the pay rate hasn't kept up percentage wise same as the drivers

But the cost of healthcare is astronomical
I agree the insurance is stellar and is a big reason why part-timers even work here.
But after the last couple of years things, I’ve got so expensive you have to pay more. It’s not the company’s fault. It’s just the reality.

Thebrownblob

So instead of dividing the part timers from full timers we have a divided pension geographical plan divide amongst full-timers. There is always going to be a divide it’s just a question of who.
Yes, we already have the geographical divide with Pension. I don’t really like it but it is what it is. My point was anyone who lost money the last couple of contracts should be getting it back at this point in their pension.

Non liberal

This will be long. I’m sorry.

I’ll start out telling everyone, I have worked at brown since the early 2000’s. I’m a FT driver for about 10 years and I was PT before that.

I am like most of you, disappointed in the fact, the company did not do anything special for us after the past couple of years. I’m not surprised, since I’ve been around long enough for the turkeys. We were heroes to them, the shareholders, and our communities. Having that being stated, we could have been at home drawing unemployment, like many workers across America at the time. Digging themselves into financial hardships. So, in some ways we should be grateful that wasn’t us.

On to this contract, regardless to the way some perceive it. I think it is a fair contract. Could it be better? Yes, we all know the company is rolling in money. They can afford to pay us all the $7.50 extra from day one of ratification. The a/c, heat shields, fans those are all write offs. I’m afraid some of my hello fresh customers may one day be disappointed that their meals will no longer arrive precooked for them.

For part timers, from comments I’ve read on here and comments on YouTube videos like RoswellHub, you all seem to be upset the most about the contract. Mainly due to the fact new hires earning almost the same as you from ratification. I get that. But what I think what a lot have failed to see is that over the life of this pending contract, that new hire hired in starts at $21 will only receive a $.50 raise each year up to $23 by the end of the contract. That is $2 over that 5 years. Where you will be given $4.75 over the rest of the contract after you get the initial $2.75 or more to reach $21, plus the up to $1.50 longevity raise if you qualify. As you can see, over the course you will earn more than them over the contract. Maybe they should have front loaded the raises, but this way it rewards the ones that are here longer. Remember if you need more hours now you will get dibs on pvd work for the holidays for some extra cash. How many of you plan on making a career out of this? How many are here for spending money to get thru college, or are utilizing tuition reimbursements? The majority of career part timers are here for the benefits. If you aren’t planning on being here thru the life of the contract, does your opinion really matter? I think that is a fair question.

For the converting 22.4’s, it will get better for you. Does a 4 year progression suck? Yes, it does. Ask around your building to all of your drivers. The majority of them went through 4, you might find a few along the way, that only did 2 years. Keep in mind you are starting out close to, if not more, than what they topped out back then. I know, I know, things are expensive. My money doesn’t go as far as it used to. Even with the $7.50 over the contract, $49 won’t have the same spending power as the $37-38 I made a few years back. That is the way it has been and will continue to be until something changes with fiat currency. My advice don’t live beyond your means. It is not always about how much money you make, it is what you do with it. Ours jobs provide us with a livable wage, even through progression in most parts of the country.
On a side note, I voted NO on the last contract because I knew the company would abuse your classification. I have also stated and still believe the UPS should pay extra for anyone working on Saturdays, and if they start Sunday operations, I will say the same thing.

If this contract gets voted down, I feel as if the public will see us as the babies some of us are. Myself included. In some ways, I was hoping we would strike for more multiple reasons like helping brick and mortar businesses. That and I could have stayed cooler on a strike line, than in that rolling sauna we call package cars.

Like I said before I think it is a fair deal. I encourage everyone to look over it multiple times and make the decision for themselves and their families.
That’ll be a big fat NO from this full timer. Who cares what the publi sees? It’s not their paycheck. Raising kids these days, at least raising them correctly, is extremely expensive if you can even do it. This isn’t the trump days when gas was 1.80 gal. and electric was $.05 a kWh. Biden is choking us, the companies that wanted him in office need to pay for that.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
At the expense of your pension increases? I’m not saying they didn’t deserve a bump but this much? Priority to the money makers.
Well, my opinion is no one should’ve been forced to choose. $21 hour is exactly where I thought it would be and I think it’s fair this time.
Some of these part timers are bitching the most…wanted 25 to start and the old timers wanted .75 cents per year of service and also the gwi’s…seriously???

Non liberal

It's not about who's gonna be fine, it's about what's being touted as huge wins. That's like saying that because our pension plan is healthy and didn't need a bailout, we should take money and give it to the Central States because they need it more. It's a bull:censored2: game of 3-card Monty. It would've cost ~$300M to maintain increases at the same standard as last contract, gtfoh with this $30B "win." They can shove these raises up their asses if it costs my pension increases.
I knew this was going to be a sham of a contract from the start. Just from how it was being negotiated. You don’t prioritize one group of employees over another for one. When you negotiate a contract you negotiate for every dues paying member. Such bull:censored2:!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Once again Cental States got screwed on the pension. Biggest contributor, lowest payout. 400 bucks in Jan? 600 more IN FIVE YEARS???? Complete joke. But hey, we get a bag of ice and every driver gets a 1 gallon cooler. And let’s not forget that A/C that 99% of drivers will never see in their career. VOTE NO
They just got $35B!!!!

They will get an additional $5B when their supplemental is approved.

How, exactly, did they “get screwed”?

Trucker Clock

I knew this was going to be a sham of a contract from the start. Just from how it was being negotiated. You don’t prioritize one group of employees over another for one. When you negotiate a contract you negotiate for every dues paying member. Such bull:censored2:!

I'm not sure they actually did that. The West had one helluva pension. The Central has always lagged behind. Far behind. I think this contract is trying to close the gap between the great pensions and the :censored2: that the Central has always been.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
xMIBLLHKztMt.jpg