If you are thinking about voting NO…

Thebrownblob

More than 60,000 full-timers and 22 states. Hard to get a no vote with that. But, there still is the penalty for retiring before 65 so it doesn’t give the whole picture.
Right and just like myself, I don’t even qualify for that $5300 this contract who knows if it will be there or what it will be next time.

upschuck

More than 60,000 full-timers and 22 states. Hard to get a no vote with that. But, there still is the penalty for retiring before 65 so it doesn’t give the whole picture.
It's 62, unless they changed it, and that is on the accrual method, which is the way my pension will be higher.

Pullman Brown

It's 62, unless they changed it, and that is on the accrual method, which is the way my pension will be higher.

So, they don’t penalize you if you are 62. Is that local supplement dependent language? I swear I thought it was 65 normal retirement age. Good to hear, that’s my goal.

RTS313

Our western pension is way better than any others in UPS. So, I am ok with central and southern getting more money put into their pension. Yes, I wish they put more into mine since I'm going to retire next year, but I agree with most members, we have to spread the money amongst all of us. There is Tons of rumors that our pension is frozen, it's not, we are keeping the same contributions as last contract. Also, our healthcare in the west is again way better and were keeping the same as last contract.
SOB said we didn't concede on anything, they didn't.
I'm voting yes.
Why can’t those trustees manage the pension properly?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why can’t those trustees manage the pension properly?
To be fair, one of the biggest hurdles is the ever increasing ratio of retirees to actives. In NYST Pension Fund that ratio is almost 5:1. Kind of hard to maintain a surplus when you have 5 times the money going out as you do going in; ironically, the NYST Health Fund has an almost 18 month surplus.

Thebrownblob

Huge government bailout not needed?
Sure, because it was a huge government bill that ruined the central to begin with with the deregulation. It’s really difficult for me to understand why anyone who is blue-collar would be upset about the government finally doing something for the small guy especially when they’re the ones that helped break it. They got no problem. Bailing out rich people, banks, and the auto industry.

BobJ

Is the Central states pension based on Age and Years of Service, and not Hours worked?

So If I Take a Covid year off, or Family Leave, or go home early every day, and accrue 250hrs/yr to keep seniority, I will get the same Pension as someone who put in the full 1040hrs/yr as a part timer?

Is the Central states pension based on Age and Years of Service, and not Hours worked?

So If I Take a Covid year off, or Family Leave, or go home early every day, and accrue 250hrs/yr to keep seniority, I will get the same Pension as someone who put in the full 1040hrs/yr as a part timer?
Well if you took a year off....

BobJ

Well if you took a year off....
We have a lady at our hub who takes a leave of absence every Jan and doesn't come back until October. She knows she needs 200 hrs to keep her seniority.

Been doing it for 10 yrs now.

She wants to bid for a full time job just before she retires so she can get a Full time Pension too.

Are the rest of us stupid for not copying her?

nWo

We have a lady at our hub who takes a leave of absence every Jan and doesn't come back until October. She knows she needs 200 hrs to keep her seniority.

Been doing it for 10 yrs now.

She wants to bid for a full time job just before she retires so she can get a Full time Pension too.

Are the rest of us stupid for not copying her?

I don't know if her plan will work.