If You Had To Do It All Over Again....

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I would do it all over again,sounds crazy I know,but college wasn't for me and i went to electronic tech trade school and during late 80's that field was a bust!! I have a steady job with great teamster bennies ,i humped and dumped for 13 yrs in a pkg car went from paper to diad with countless sups who said i sucked ,most of them all fired by now lol and now i'm in a good job in feeders.I have some regrets, like not seeing the kids as much as most fathers but I have been able to provide them with all their needs and took them away as many places as i could and given them a good home in a safe neighbor hood. many of my old friends have had many jobs over the past 20 yrs,but i always have steady work!! YUP I'd do it again !!

over9five

Staff member
I'd like to have more seniority, but I'm glad to have had job experience other than UPS.

I was a volunteer firefighter/EMT. Been there, seen the carnage.

I had a short professional career after college. Cut short, life happens.

I installed bank equipment for several years. Learned so much logic, how to make things happen.

I was a "hired gun" for FDIC. Only drew one time...in a bathroom stall....weird story.

There is so much more than UPS. I'm glad I've seen some of it!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Been in Brown almost 13 years now and love it. I do wish I had started earlier than 30 though. If I'd have stuck it out with any other job I'd be retired now. UPS has me in the best physical shape of my life and I've learned not to bust my body up to deliver pkgs. Having a good route helps too.

P.S. I'd like to hear more about that bathroom story, too!

Last edited:

atatbl

It was a Senator from Minnesota, he had a wide stance.

motivator8286631.jpg

larry-craig.jpg

jw55wags

What we old timers knew of ups years ago,is now gone.Would I do it again not at this pace. I have friends that do not work at ups and get along great without all the hustle-- bustle. There is life without ups.

rod

Retired 22 years
It was a Senator from Minnesota, he had a wide stance.

To set the record straight I believe Sen. Craig was from S.D. not Mn. He was caught in the bathroom at the Mpls/St. Paul airport though. :peaceful: I could be wrong about S.D. but he wasn't a Mn. politican. We only have normal ones like Jesse Ventura.:wink2:

happyboy

If i had to do it over again i probably would have tried to work at the post office, the bulk mail center close to our hub is air conditioned. that would have been nice, i spent 6 years or more in the hub, and as for driving, I have a friend that is a letter carrier he is off of work some days by 3 pm.

atatbl

To set the record straight I believe Sen. Craig was from S.D. not Mn. He was caught in the bathroom at the Mpls/St. Paul airport though. :peaceful: I could be wrong about S.D. but he wasn't a Mn. politican. We only have normal ones like Jesse Ventura.:wink2:

It's Idaho. Any you are from MN?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
first thing i did wrong was to treat my career at ups lode the 100 yard dash, instead of the 9100 day marathon run.

also, coulda spent more time with the important parts of life, instead of what i did

what 9.5 did was to go undercover in the ladies room. i heard his behind used to fool lots of guys, not to mention that sweet face...........

almost got by with it too, until the bank vp caught hin using the sink as a urinal. when ya gotta go, ya gotta go, and you know there is always a long line to get into the girls room.....

sorry man, i figured since you mentioned it, it was ok for me to tell the story:wink2:

d

ps, did we mention it was that tight little behind that gave hyim the edge on the mod appointment. hehehe

diesel96

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9five
I was a "hired gun" for FDIC. Only drew one time...in a bathroom stall....weird story.[/quote]

Was Sen Larry Craig a guest at your bank.....lol
...I'm such a slow typer someone already beat me to the senator..

Re: If You Had To Do It All Over Again....

No-way......should have been a rum runner boat captain and pirated the caribbean seas in search of sunken spanish galleons

I would have taken the mechanics job I was offered when UPS first came to my city. The guy that ended up with it is retired now. But NOOOOO, I wanted to be home nights with my wife and kids. Oh yeah and I would have divorced my Ex 10 years earlier.

SoyFish

I wouldn't change anything. 3 months basically has gone by, and I've been moved once and the people where I'm at are great.

When I say moved I mean loading different trucks on another part of the building.