I'll tell you what. You made a real mistake going after my brother Hall

hyena

IMG_2490.JPG

bbsam

Staff member
He's right.. you know that was good. That took a turn you weren't expecting.
No. He's still working off old information. Contractors can't subcontract any more. I didn't because I have an accounting firm that makes everything simple.

Now if the union could stop fighting themselves, they could unionize Ground drivers insisting that they are not only employees for the contractor but for Fedex Ground as well. Co-employees as it were, the same way that McDonald's employees are co-employees of both McDonald's and the franchise owner.

Or you can continue to flail around and have your brotherly spats.

LeadBelly

Banned
No. He's still working off old information. Contractors can't subcontract any more. I didn't because I have an accounting firm that makes everything simple.

Now if the union could stop fighting themselves, they could unionize Ground drivers insisting that they are not only employees for the contractor but for Fedex Ground as well. Co-employees as it were, the same way that McDonald's employees are co-employees of both McDonald's and the franchise owner.

We sat down with one of your guys last Saturday who was working for someone like you. He makes 700 a week and works 11 to 12 hours a day. No benefits. He says owners must own a minimum of five routes now. That is the way mr smith is trying to get around the misclassification.

hyena

We may argue amongst ourselves but I'd dare anyone to try to stand against us!

bbsam

Staff member
We sat down with one of your guys last Saturday who was working for someone like you. He makes 700 a week and works 11 to 12 hours a day. No benefits. He says owners must own a minimum of five routes now. That is the way mr smith is trying to get around the misclassification.
It's bit more complicated than that but that is part of the structure .

Now, I've pointed out it's Achilles Healthcare.

You're welcome .

bbsam

Staff member
We may fight amongst ourselves but I'd dare anyone to try to stand against us!
Stand against you?!

I'm trying to help you increase your membership. Good Lord! Is that even something he union thinks about anymore or is it all mudslinging and spit balling?

hyena

Stand against you?!

I'm trying to help you increase your membership. Good Lord! Is that even something he union thinks about anymore or is it all mudslinging and spit balling?
Politics are in play right now. Like I say we may fight amongst ourselves but we're still in the best union their is. You're only seeing one side of it. If you're trying to help increase the membership spread the word to your co workers. Become part of something way bigger then you or I. Help organize FedEx!

Gimme Danger

The BFI joint employer NLRB decision. Brilliant.