I'm a new PT hire for Twilight Unloads

UPS4Life

My sup that trained me when I started went into IT but he also had the degree for it also and another guy who worked inside is in PE now. Best advice is put your time in to make sure you're still there come January or want to stay here and then talk to HR (not your sup if you're any good he will say you can't do it) and hr will probably point you to upsjobs online where you see if any positions are open and apply for them there. Good luck!

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrAnderson

Finding an IT Job with UPS
So you want an IT gig? Here's one method to get you there: Kick ass in whatever position you're in (que the "bend-over" jokes on this thread). Stand out as being the dude that makes :censored2: happen, is dependable, and consistent. Be cool with as much management as possible. Get the word out to the grapevine that you have IT experience and want to pursue a position in that field. After 6 months of being an hourly, look into MAPP and get promoted into management. Learn who your TSG (Tech Support Group) folks are and make friends with them. Those positions tend to not turn over very quickly though, so be patient. It might take a few years to achieve the exact position you want. UPS is a good company though. It's worth waiting and learning along the journey.

Sent using BrownCafe app

PT Car Washer

So you want an IT gig? Here's one method to get you there: Kick ass in whatever position you're in (que the "bend-over" jokes on this thread). Stand out as being the dude that makes :censored2: happen, is dependable, and consistent. Be cool with as much management as possible. Get the word out to the grapevine that you have IT experience and want to pursue a position in that field. After 6 months of being an hourly, look into MAPP and get promoted into management. Learn who your TSG (Tech Support Group) folks are and make friends with them. Those positions tend to not turn over very quickly though, so be patient. It might take a few years to achieve the exact position you want. UPS is a good company though. It's worth waiting and learning along the journey.

Sent using BrownCafe app
You do all that and you will never leave the unload. UPS loves to pigeon hole people in to one position.

MrAnderson

That's the method to becoming a FT Supe in 4 years. Kick ass, make friends, make :censored2: happen, and you'll achieve the success you desire. Blame others, make excuses, be lazy, and you will be PT washing cars for the rest of your career.

Sent using BrownCafe app

PT Car Washer

That's the method to becoming a FT Supe in 4 years. Kick ass, make friends, make :censored2: happen, and you'll achieve the success you desire. Blame others, make excuses, be lazy, and you will be PT washing cars for the rest of your career.

Sent using BrownCafe app
At $32.10 an hour and OT after 5 hours with 7 weeks vacation a year and don't have to work the Friday after Thanksgiving.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Sent using BrownCafe app
Or loading PC's for $20+/hr...lol...I feel so empty inside for never having gone into management...lol