impasse.... Sold out and ticked off!

member6045

The notice states that is the fund hit 65% more cuts have to happen! I can't see how a $300.00 increase wouldn't negatively affect the fund! Which would cause us to loose the 25 and out! Along with side horrible of supplemental language!!

Bleedinbrown! No one has seen them! There hard at work to blame others! Did you get the health and welfare letter?? Smfh

Irishman Collins

Hoffa, congratulations on a sellout contract,and dividing our union! I got a number 10 foot I would love to impasse on your rear! What you did is unforgivable, and unforgettable!

Why do I pay into a strike fund,which we will never use? Why did you take away my voice, my vote? Do I not pay union dues?.....
Yes, Mr. Hoffas legacy will be that he was the first General President to take away the right to vote from his members. That is some legacy alright! It is an extreme disappointment given that his father quite possibly could be the best Union leader that ever existed. Best to worst, yes quite a legacy!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

Yes, Mr. Hoffas legacy will be that he was the first General President to take away the right to vote from his members. That is some legacy alright! It is an extreme disappointment given that his father quite possibly could be the best Union leader that ever existed. Best to worst, yes quite a legacy!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Nope, Carey and freight back in 94 gave up the right to strike in contract negotiations.

Did I blow your house down?

Ron Carey lives on

Big bad wolf is blowing something alright, a lot of smoke up your rear. Compare the freight agreement, to Ups National, Ups is making billions in profits. If we ever had strike leverage it was July 31 2013. Of there was no intention of going on strike against Hoffa' s cash cow. The company that bails him financially. Hoffa/Hall are controlled by Ups plain and simple

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
Carey didn't hesitate to strike Ups. How is the strike fund doing?

Sent using BrownCafe App

The strike fund isn't all its cracked up to be (maybe its changed now). The last time I was on strike at UPS we were paid something like 50 bucks one week and then had to turn around and write the Teamsters a check for 65 to cover our health benefits. What is it now?

The strike fund isn't all its cracked up to be (maybe its changed now). The last time I was on strike at UPS we were paid something like 50 bucks one week and then had to turn around and write the Teamsters a check for 65 to cover our health benefits. What is it now?
Ours is 150...might as well be $1000, cause they will never let us use it. Im sure glad they take that xtra !0 bucks a month,out of my check, for the strike fund!....Thats another thing I didnt get to vote on! either!

oldngray

nowhere special

Yeah, I remember a 3 week strike. No strike pay for the first week of strike, union dues taken out of another week, so I made about 50 bucks for 3 weeks on picket line.

Big Bad Wolf

And who's fault was only getting 50? Was that Hoffa too? The IBT website has a calculation for strike pay.

Big Bad Wolf

Big bad wolf is blowing something alright, a lot of smoke up your rear. Compare the freight agreement, to Ups National, Ups is making billions in profits. If we ever had strike leverage it was July 31 2013. Of there was no intention of going on strike against Hoffa' s cash cow. The company that bails him financially. Hoffa/Hall are controlled by Ups plain and simple

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your back peddling now. The poster said that Hoffa was the first to sell our strike vote, I just pointed out a fact. Now your saying well cuz well cuz yeah but. So was Hoffa the first? Answer: No!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ours is 150...might as well be $1000, cause they will never let us use it. Im sure glad they take that xtra !0 bucks a month,out of my check, for the strike fund!....Thats another thing I didnt get to vote on! either!
friend that...then what's the point of even having one? Taking your strike fund and dumping it into your severely underfunded pension fund would make more sense, right? Or give everyone their 10 bucks a month back. You guys are getting wiped both ways...

Ron Carey lives on

You are right Wolf, of course Jr. was not the first corrupt IBT president. Most of the ones in past stole money from the Central States pension fund. Jr. Is smart, his corruption is more white collar crime. Check out his stock in Ups? When you use a single company to bail out two pension plans, and then say you are going negotiate with them aggressively, thats a lie. Then to go as far as not file strike paperwork on time. Wonder how Jr.s stock is doing after April 25th? Are you making the connection now

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

This is not quantum physics. The IBT had no intention of going on strike, over healthcare or anything else. The plan was to prop up Teamcare with a 140,000 new members. We are a service union not a trade union. Most trade unions do supply their members healthcare. Pipefitters, laborers, boilermakers ext. When you take healthcare off the table like in our case with Ups, the company should increase the meat and potatoes of the contract. What I mean is the raise could have been more to ease the pain of new co pays in teamcare. It was a very poorly negotiated contract. As the concessions hit the members in the wallet, it will become apparent we need new leadership in 2016

Sent using BrownCafe App

finaddict

One company, one contract. What's with all the supplements? If you don't like it leave, $33 an hour for your labor and then add full bennies! The only thing I'd like more than a 20yr contract is NO UNION! We've got it made and you guys held up my raise. Should have let the company have the pensions and health care like they tried to get years ago.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They don't want the healthcare. They do want the pensions.

Supplements cover issues which may be specific to that area, such as snow days.

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
One company, one contract. What's with all the supplements? If you don't like it leave, $33 an hour for your labor and then add full bennies! The only thing I'd like more than a 20yr contract is NO UNION! We've got it made and you guys held up my raise. Should have let the company have the pensions and health care like they tried to get years ago.

We wouldn't have this level of pay or benefits with out the union.

Or do you just think UPS is that generous?

Nimnim

The Nim

Some stuff is universal, other stuff not so much. Can you really say that something that works in Seattle, WA works the same way in NY City, NY and Orlando, FL? There's an initiative that was started in California to break the state up into 6 because things were so different amongst the whole state. Do you really think that things are the same across 50 states if 1 has people saying there's huge differences in their own state?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
GetInline.jpeg