Income Inequality

rickyb

Typical of a liberal to be sympathetic of criminals. I think I'd rather be doing some work in prison then be locked in a cell.

Plus, you're technically not working for free. They supply your shelter, food, medical needs, clothes, and activities. All the things we work for outside of prison. If they were paid on top of getting everything for free that would be quite a deal!
i think slave masters provided some or all of "shelter, food, medical needs, clothes, and activities"

JL 0513

i think slave masters provided some or all of "shelter, food, medical needs, clothes, and activities"

Yes but it's two totally different things. You're fixated on slavery when it doesn't exist. Being put to work in prison isn't slavery.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Plus, you're technically not working for free. They supply your shelter, food, medical needs, clothes, and activities. All the things we work for outside of prison. If they were paid on top of getting everything for free that would be quite a deal!
Let's switch a word up in there and see how it looks:
Plus, you're technically not working for free. They supply your shelter, food, medical needs, clothes, and activities. All the things we work for outside of prison slavery. If they were paid on top of getting everything for free that would be quite a deal!
Hmmm, I'm not sure you're helping your point against his prison labor / slavery comparison.

rickyb

Perhaps. How about you just don't do the crime? We're blaming the justice system but how about the losers committing violence and theft?
what about weed LOL and the non violent crimes. its out of proportion, but anyways that was a good point, and i havent heard anything about community service, maybe because its short term, i have no idea. what does community service entail?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So a community service sentence is slavery?
LOL, ya, but without all those great perks you listed like free shelter, medical needs, food and clothing.

I don't think anyone's literally comparing the plight of the African slaves to prisoners. However, forced labor is the primary tenet of slavery, and it has no place in a system of justice.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Perhaps. How about you just don't do the crime? We're blaming the justice system but how about the losers committing violence and theft?
That's such a cop-out man.

How bout poor people just get better jobs, and hungry people just eat more, and and all the people in the middle east just stop killing each other, and we all just get together and hold hands and sing kumbaya.

There's always going to be criminals, our ability to deal with that and not spit in the face of basic human rights is the issue.

rickyb

they should enforce the law in prisons. prisoners shouldnt go through this :censored2:ed up experience inside the system

JL 0513

It's PRISON! It's not supposed to be a country club and yet they already get more than they should. Every added convenience or enjoyment they receive comes out of the pocket of the innocent people in society paying for their stay.

Any work that the prisoners don't do, paid staff has to do it at the taxpayers expense. Seems ass backwards to me.

You're essentially asking me to take a piece of my labor through taxes to make criminals lives better and they don't have to put any labor in. Nice.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Do you have any idea why inmates do work details ?
It beat the hell out of looking at the walls of your cell all day .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You're essentially asking me to take a piece of my labor through taxes to make criminals lives better and they don't have to put any labor in. Nice.
No I'm not asking you to do that.
There is PROFIT to the tune of millions of dollars in the prison labor system. Your tax dollars are being spent while private companies turn a profit under the auspices of justice, that's my problem with this situation.

Last edited:

rickyb

Bernie Sanders ‏@SenSanders 8h8 hours ago

It's absurd when the top 25 hedge fund managers make more than all of the kindergarten teachers in America combined.

Cpbop5HXYAAH69r.jpg