Indy car crash

UPSGUY72

For those upsers that are race car fans Dan Wheldon has passed away today after a crash at Las Vegas.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Dan Wheldons family.

curiousbrain

RIP to him, and I wish his family nothing but the best.

The pessimist in me has to ask though: If he was not famous, would anyone care?

Consider, if one of us died, would we get the "honorable mention"?

I wish his family a peaceful life; although, I'm sure the local media will bug them non stop.

RIP to him, and I wish his family nothing but the best.

The pessimist in me has to ask though: If he was not famous, would anyone care?

Consider, if one of us died, would we get the "honorable mention"?

I wish his family a peaceful life; although, I'm sure the local media will bug them non stop.
Does it really matter the brother is rolling with Jesus right now. Think about it does any of this really matter. If you play your cards right you are hanging with the Christos Messisa.

Wheldon was a popular driver and ironically the test driver for the next generation of Indycars which had many new safety designs incorporated. He won this years 500 and leaves behind a wife and two small boys.

images

Cementups

Box Monkey
Having raced cars before, crashing is one of those things you just try not to think about. This accident just plain old sucks and no matter what people will say, it really couldn't be avoided. He went high to miss another car and took off like a rocket through the crash that was already happening.

RIP Dan. Goodnight Champ.

Yeah I saw a video on Youtube for this. From what I hear and understand the main thing that contributed to his death was the cars are TOO CLOSE TOGETHER! 200mph and you got a guy 2 feet in front,side, and rear of you, their Is no time to break away or maybe veer out of the way In another lane, someone in front of you makes a mistake and BAM, your so close their's no time to react, you crash too.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The only problem was though that Danny Boy wasn't "right there". He came in from a good 1/8 mile back, but at the speed he was traveling he never stood a chance. He was in 24th at the time so it's not like he right in the mix of things when the accident started.

Yeah I saw a video on Youtube for this. From what I hear and understand the main thing that contributed to his death was the cars are TOO CLOSE TOGETHER! 200mph and you got a guy 2 feet in front,side, and rear of you, their Is no time to break away or maybe veer out of the way In another lane, someone in front of you makes a mistake and BAM, your so close their's no time to react, you crash too.

The main thing that contributed to his death was the contact of his helmet with a retaining fence post. The reason he was head first into the wall was as discussed above. Other drivers have died or were severely injured in similar fashion even at times when they were running alone.

UPSGUY72

IT CALLED RACING FOR A REASON. Not follow the leader. Would you be watching football if it was no tackle.