Inspect taken out of DIAD

Future

Victory Ride
This really shouldnt be a issue with responsible drivers, if a pkg is rattling and says fragile glass etc, dont deliver it and sheet it as mgt wants. If a box is beat to hell or with gapping holes in it use common sense, would you want to see that pkg at your door when you got home fr work? We work for a service company and delivering a pgk in distress is bad customer service!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's a corporate directive to sheet as missed. If a supe tells you otherwise, gently remind them that it is a corporate directive.

oldngray

nowhere special
Remember the old rule of don't deliver a package if its one you wouldn't want delivered to your own house. Frequently there are things like big boot prints on packages or crumpled corners but you can tell it isn't damaged, just looks bad. Those I would deliver and get away before customer saw me ( :oops: ) but I wouldn't deliver something I thought was really damaged.

This really shouldnt be a issue with responsible drivers, if a pkg is rattling and says fragile glass etc, dont deliver it and sheet it as mgt wants. If a box is beat to hell or with gapping holes in it use common sense, would you want to see that pkg at your door when you got home fr work? We work for a service company and delivering a pgk in distress is bad customer service!
We have much more service problems, than just smashed packages!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Or people see a dent on the corner of a package and sheet as damaged. But that wouldn't happen because every union person at UPS is so honest.

RP
Don't know 1 person that would do that. I'm delivering everything on that truck unless the customer refuses it as damaged.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have seen packages that look like they have been run over a couple of times but the contents are perfect. I have seen packages that look pristine but the contents are destroyed. Go figure.