Interesting insights on Ground.

bacha29

None of what you are rambling about changes the reality that staffing was better with the Ground contractor. Ground contractor had drivers, Express took over and now doesn’t have drivers. It’s pretty simple.
You've got one relatively isolated town in one of the nation's least populated states. When you get more small rural stations where the work isn't getting done because there's no one there to do it the result will be impactful. Can't make somebody take a job when there's a better job someplace else. Rural America is losing population with those remaining the majority are simply too old to continue to work especially labor intensive jobs.

zeev

Sitka is a small island city in SE Alaska people for employment is very limited, it is the smallest City in the country to have a major airport.

It will be fine

You've got one relatively isolated town in one of the nation's least populated states. When you get more small rural stations where the work isn't getting done because there's no one there to do it the result will be impactful. Can't make somebody take a job when there's a better job someplace else. Rural America is losing population with those remaining the majority are simply too old to continue to work especially labor intensive jobs.
And still the Ground contractor found drivers while Express can’t.

MAKAVELI

Obviously Ground didn't have the size in Alaska to scale up to take on Express services. FedEx chose Express over Ground in AK, HI and Canada for a reason. The problem FedEx is running into is they thought they could overload the Express drivers while giving them a :censored2:ty raise. This isn't exclusive to Alaska. It's happening all over the US.

FedupExpress

Obviously Ground didn't have the size in Alaska to scale up to take on Express services. FedEx chose Express over Ground in AK, HI and Canada for a reason. The problem FedEx is running into is they thought they could overload the Express drivers while giving them a :censored2:ty raise. This isn't exclusive to Alaska. It's happening all over the US.
Apparently 2 swing drivers from my station were sent to Washington (all expenses paid) to deliver packages or train drivers or God knows what.

Wheels are falling off, I'm searching for a job, even if it pays less I'm gonna quit.

vantexan

Express hires from within first. People transfer in and leave. Do you know what the big business is in Sitka as well as many other coastal Alaskan towns? Canneries. Salmon. And a lot of that is shipped fresh with dry ice to the U.S. mainland by Express. A LOT. Totally different animal than what you're used to.

FedupExpress

Express hires from within first. People transfer in and leave. Do you know what the big business is in Sitka as well as many other coastal Alaskan towns? Canneries. Salmon. And a lot of that is shipped fresh with dry ice to the U.S. mainland by Express. A LOT. Totally different animal than what you're used to.
Yea and with the 3% raise I'm sure their backs aren't having it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I never said the manager failed. Ttku
Good managers don't quit to drive trucks.
Just remember that anyone can be a frontline manager but, a ton of people fail out of the RTD program. Just another fact for you sa.
Yeah, I can see how leading a group of 30 or 40 people and taking responsibility for their performance would be so much easier than just being responsible for myself and driving. Totally have a great point there.

yadig

Yeah, I can see how leading a group of 30 or 40 people and taking responsibility for their performance would be so much easier than just being responsible for myself and driving. Totally have a great point there.
I thought that I was spot on also. Thank you for the compliment

Guitarman01

Yea and with the 3% raise I'm sure their backs aren't having it.
It was such a simple thing to honor the step raise. They couldn't do it. That should give everyone zero confidence going forward. The 10 step plan is literally a 20 step plan at this point. Without a degree, wages are pretty stagnant across the board atm and FedEx is taking advantage of that.

MAKAVELI

Problem with that theory is they don't. That's one of the reasons FedEx is failing. They don't want to pay for excellence and can't demand it. Management is nothing but stooges that run reports.

FedupExpress

It was such a simple thing to honor the step raise. They couldn't do it. That should give everyone zero confidence going forward. The 10 step plan is literally a 20 step plan at this point. Without a degree, wages are pretty stagnant across the board atm and FedEx is taking advantage of that.
Except this is back breaking labor, you might as well get into construction and a union if you desire to break your back.

I've only been in a few years and I am getting out asap.

FedupExpress

Problem with that theory is they don't. That's one of the reasons FedEx is failing. They don't want to pay for excellence and can't demand it. Management is nothing but stooges that run reports.
I don't know anyone at my station beside maybe a few brainwashed old timers that devoted 40 years to this :censored2:... Who are striving for excellence 🤣

Mostly everyone is just trying to get their measly paycheck and avoid management as much as possible.

Everyone knows it's a :censored2: company at this point anyone else is in too deep or in denial.