Irregs

BrownTruckFan

This discussion started of with the idea of conveyor belt workers standing in front of an empty moving conveyor belt. Staring forward, not paying attention up or down the belt. Loke, if there is no package in front of me I don't do anything. Such as walk up the line to retreave a bin of overflow boxes that need to be scanned. The people I've seen will simply stop all work Un t IL a box gets in front of them. I've seen this now more th as n once, and I am wondering if it is a union based mentality and strategy not to do any extra work beyond the ten feet of their spot. These individual are also I non-communicative, and appear to be malingering?

BrownTruckFan

This discussion started of with the idea of conveyor belt workers standing in front of an empty moving conveyor belt. Ive seen this now more than once and it appears to be a deliberate form of behavior. These employees would stare forward, not paying attention up or down the belt. Just standing there as to say, "if there are no packages in front of me, then I don't do anything. No Proactive things are done by these individuals.. They won't walk up the line to retreave a bin of overflow boxes that need to be scanned. The people I've seen will simply stop all work Until a box gets in front of them.

I've seen this now more than once, and I am wondering if it is a union based mentality and strategy not to do any extra work beyond their job description or beyond a 2 foot cir v le around them. These individual are also non-communicative. They appear to be malingering?

542thruNthru

This discussion started of with the idea of conveyor belt workers standing in front of an empty moving conveyor belt. Ive seen this now more than once and it appears to be a deliberate form of behavior. These employees would stare forward, not paying attention up or down the belt. Just standing there as to say, "if there are no packages in front of me, then I don't do anything. No Proactive things are done by these individuals.. They won't walk up the line to retreave a bin of overflow boxes that need to be scanned. The people I've seen will simply stop all work Until a box gets in front of them.

I've seen this now more than once, and I am wondering if it is a union based mentality and strategy not to do any extra work beyond their job description or beyond a 2 foot cir v le around them. These individual are also non-communicative. They appear to be malingering?
Are you management?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Are you management?

“malingering?” ....

Yup... totally (management)....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Human nature.

You think that is bad, visit a government run workplace..