Is going slow the best way to make money at UPS?

Kingofthenorth

If I go fast and kill it all day finishing hours under, helping people after I finish my route i am told I gotta come in hours earlier than if I just go super slow and :censored2: around all day. So basically I make way more money doing half the work. On top of it, My center management is such an incompetent jackass that I see him as my enemy. We can't even keep any on-road supervisors at my center. They generally quit citing my center manager as the reason privately.

UndressedFedexed

DQd Day One
When I go 100% trace I make a killing but management tells me I need to speed up and stop stealing time. If I do my route in logical order, I come in under, make less and management questions why I didn’t follow trace.

Cowboy Mac

If I go fast and kill it all day finishing hours under, helping people after I finish my route i am told I gotta come in hours earlier than if I just go super slow and :censored2: around all day. So basically I make way more money doing half the work. On top of it, My center management is such an incompetent jackass that I see him as my enemy. We can't even keep any on-road supervisors at my center. They generally quit citing my center manager as the reason privately.
Don’t go slow on purpose. Do the best you can as safely as you can.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We have bodies to take care of and if you are a driver these roads will find a way to touch your precious truck if you gun em all. I find new streets to walk off every day, all it takes is one bad narrow experience like a homeless RV or a street storage cube to cross it off the list. Inside you will have to overcompensate for certain repetitive motions if they start to bother you.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
There must be a million posts on this topic. Screw the over/under. Finish the route as close to 9.5 without stealing time. Any other brain-busters?

21Savage

No, going fast and skipping your lunch is the best way. Tf kind of stupid question is this?? Do people even think before asking ish like this? 🤣✊

Dear Lord this is the future of our company

Integrity

Binge Poster
In my experience the management of UPS tend to ride the backs, abuse, and take advantage of the workers who make an unreasonably strenuous effort at their jobs.

IMO We are only obligated to exert a reasonable effort at our jobs, not an unreasonable effort.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My observations were the company didn't care if you ran an hour over every day. Follow their trace and use every method taught and you will make plenty of money. Three hours over allowed every day paints a giant target on your back. When your Center Manager gets tired of the Division manager mentioning certain names, they start looking and documenting mistakes. Stealing time is an integrity issue and there is nothing the union can do for you. And I've seen shop stewards canned too.

myback

Work harder and faster and make less money OR slower, calmer and make more money. Yes, your ctrmgr is not to be trusted. If he comes at you again, follow trace to the tee, belligerent compliance. He’ll yell and scream but that’s about it. Have a note pad and pen on hand at all times, whenever he wants to talk, make sure he sees you with pen in hand and taking notes.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
My observations were the company didn't care if you ran an hour over every day. Follow their trace and use every method taught and you will make plenty of money. Three hours over allowed every day paints a giant target on your back. When your Center Manager gets tired of the Division manager mentioning certain names, they start looking and documenting mistakes. Stealing time is an integrity issue and there is nothing the union can do for you. And I've seen shop stewards canned too.
I have had my time allowances changed from consistent 1 to 3 hours over to scratch. The numbers can be changed.

JL 0513

Just do an honest days work. If they do an on road observation and see you clearly dragging your feet on purpose, it could lead to you needing to find a new job.