Israeli Invasion

Was the Israeli invasion the right thing to do?

• Yes: Any other country would have responded the same way

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No: Should have exhausted all political options first

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hey TOS, in your opinion, what needs to be done? I'm just curious.

TOS, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I'M OVER HERE AND I JUST ASKED YOU A QUESTION! Okay, now that I have your attention. I'm just wondering what you would do differently in this situation and why would it work? Not trying to bait you, just want to know where you'd go with this, from your point of view.

av8torntn

2 very successful wars in 8 years. How did you come to that conclusion? Granted the violence is down, but the soliders are still getting shot at and some are still getting killed.

IMO a successful war is the permanent end of all hostilities within the theater of war.

Ok fair enough question. My definition is just a tad different than yours. Successful would be to meet objectives and very successful would be to achieve something even better.

So from memory some of our objectives. Remove the taliban from power. Check. Remove Saddam from power. Check. Neutralize Bin Laden. Check in a big way. Deny Saddam the ability to restart his WMD program. He's dead so that would be another big check. Governments elected by the people of Afghanistan and Iraq. Check. Minimize US military deaths. Check in a huge way. Prevent more attacks on US soil. Check. Neutralize Al Queada. Check.

That would make the wars successful. I believe this article from a paper in Kalifornia is one reason the wars are elevated to a very successful level.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?friend=/c/a/2009/01/17/IN0B159A69.DTL

av8torntn

The actual rockets being being fired my ignorant friend have a payload of .05kg.

Wow another personal attack of course I am not shocked at all.

Each time Israel has carried out a military operation to YOUR liking, the violence has grown in the aftermath. When this is over and the rebuilding completed, hamas and the palestinians will rearm once again.

They have not carried out one military operation to my liking. I know you are slow but that has been my point all along. They should continue until the surrender of Hamas.

This is how a coward speaks. Anyone who believes that superior military might used on unarmed civilians is a righteous move needs serious counseling.

After all that about them having rockets with warheads packed with anywhere between one pound and ten pounds of explosives and firing them at Israel from their backyards in the same post you now want to claim they are unarmed. What a joke.

What has Israel accomplished? Are all the terrorists dead now?

Nope which is the exact reason to continue with ground operations. Israel is far to kind to these terrorists.

T:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
LMAO AV8,

How many children constitute terrorists?

Shall i post the pictures of the hundreds of gaza children with their heads blown apart?

Maybe then you can convince me that a ground assault is accomplishing something.

How many women make up the terror group hamas? How many orphaned children has Israel created?

How will these people regain their lives after the indescriminate killing by israeli troops?

Nothing has been accomplished.

You think the gaza people will learn to love the israeli just because the little strip of dirt they call land was blown to bits??

You think that the orphaned child who lost his parents who were guilty of nothing to an israeli air strike will not age to become the future suicide bomber on an israeli street??

Violence creates violence. All the munitions in the world cannot change minds. Diplomacy does.

You actually think the israelis can capture all the hamas members? or even better, that they will surrender to the IDF?

You must watch way too much rambo movies.

Of the thousand civilians killed, how many were terrorists? We will never know. Could be some, could be none.

So far, from all the reports from world organizations, the majority are innocent women and children. Wounded kids are being flown out of gaza and transported to egypt or jordan for treatment. Some with bullets wounds to the head.

I wonder how this happened?

"GO TEAM" thats all you can say cause you have no other alternative in your mindset for peace. "wipe them out" and if you kill a few thousand civilians, whatever, they were in the way, or my personal favorite excuse..."the terrorist hide with civilians and use them as shields, so we blew them all up".

When the smoke clears, it will be rebuilt by the muslim community and will be better armed next time around.

Like I said, Saudi Arabia, our allie, is starting with a 1 billion dollar pledge for rebuilding, 1 billion that came from the HIGH FUEL PRICES we paid during the BUSHED administration.

Congratulations AV8, your helping to rebuild a terrorist nation.

Hows that for hypocrisy?

Get a clue folks, get beyond FAUX news and read what is really happening in gaza. The deaths and destruction are horrible.

All the exagerations in the world about rockets only works on the idiots dumb enough to listen to them. A .05kg Qassam 1 rocket falling aimlessly into a field hardly calls for a retaliation of a 1000 pound guided US munition.

If the israelis were under a reletless attack of 122mm missiles like you posted, then there would be all out war, but when a few unemployed palestinians who have nothing but hate for a country that took their land in the first place shoot some backyard rockets into israel, then something needs to be done to curb the hatred.

Are the palestinians convincing the israelis of anything, or making them change their minds by firing rockets? Answer: no.

Just like the israelis wont convince the palestinians of anything either.

Even this evening, the palestinians are claiming victory over the israelis.

What got accomplished other than billions in damage and thousands of deaths?

Was the mindset changed?

Peace will never be forged at the end of a gunbarrel.:dead:

av8torntn

If the israelis were under a reletless attack of 122mm missiles like you posted, t:

Wow now you claim they have missiles also. So let me get this straight you are saying these terrorists are armed with AK's, RPG's, mortars, grenades, five different types of rockets, and now missiles.

Wow just a few hours ago you were claiming that they were completely unarmed. You are making great strides.

Hawaii50

Ok fair enough question. My definition is just a tad different than yours. Successful would be to meet objectives and very successful would be to achieve something even better.

So from memory some of our objectives. Remove the taliban from power. Check. Remove Saddam from power. Check. Neutralize Bin Laden. Check in a big way. Deny Saddam the ability to restart his WMD program. He's dead so that would be another big check. Governments elected by the people of Afghanistan and Iraq. Check. Minimize US military deaths. Check in a huge way. Prevent more attacks on US soil. Check. Neutralize Al Queada. Check.

That would make the wars successful. I believe this article from a paper in Kalifornia is one reason the wars are elevated to a very successful level.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?friend=/c/a/2009/01/17/IN0B159A69.DTL

"Remove the taliban from power" Partial sucess. The taliban just moved there base of operations south into Pakistan. Keep in mind that a U.S. outpost was almost over run by the taliban a few months ago. Since that attack you hear in media more troops "reinforcements" enroute to the afghan theater of war.

"Remove Saddam from power." Success concede that to you.

"Neutralize Osma Bin Liden." Minimal Success, if OBL was really neutralzed their would be a decline in International soliders deaths in the Afghan theater. With in the past couple months more international soliders died from hostile fire in the Afghan theater than the Iraqi theater. OBL is still an inspiration to the fighters in the Afghan theater.

"Deny Saddam the ability to restart his WMD program." No sucess there. Your statement is Historical revisionism in the making. The motive for war in Iraq was Saddam already POSSESSED WMD's. Not restart the WMD program.

"Governments elected by the people of Afghanistan and Iraq." Partial Success." Because some of those people feel that their current government is puppets for the US motives and want change "About 35 Iraqi officials have been arrested at the interior ministry, some accused of planning a coup" http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUKN1736078020081218

"Minimize US military deaths" Partial sucess. The deaths is down from the peaks. Keep in mind the enemy could be playing possum and just going along with plans, waiting for the opportunity to strike.

"Prevent more attacks on US soil" Presently that is a success. However that can change on a dime.

"Neutralize Al Queada" Minimial success. Everytime I read about some kind of terror attack in some other country from small bombs on buses in the UK, bombing of western hotels in Bali, Jakarta, etc. To guys with automatic rifles in India. That is not a neutralized Al-Qeda.

What you claim as successful objectives met. I claim as minimial to partial success.

This war on terror is going to end only in two ways. Either their will be peace through Diplomacy. Or peace through Genocide. I say Genocide because you have kill everybody who has same ideas or is sympathetic to the cause of your enemy. As long as your enmey has oxygen in the brain they will pass on the message of why they fight to other people "future fighters". :gun_banda

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wow now you claim they have missiles also. So let me get this straight you are saying these terrorists are armed with AK's, RPG's, mortars, grenades, five different types of rockets, and now missiles.

Wow just a few hours ago you were claiming that they were completely unarmed. You are making great strides.

AV8, I know its tough for you to get owned in a post, so you turn towards making things up to regain your position, but this is what you quoted:

Originally Posted by The Other Side
If the israelis were under a reletless attack of 122mm missiles like you posted, t:

I clearly was quoting YOU in this sentence. It was you and FAUX news that calls the Qassam-1 .05kg missiles, not me. I call them larger bottle rockets.

Nice try. mission failed.

FAUX news has put every Israeli on tv claiming everything from rockets to missiles, yet failed to expalin that nearly all the rockets fired are the Qassam-1 worthless rockets.

Like I said before, even the Israelis claim that 97% of these rockets fall harmlessly in fields or streets causing little or no damage.

The Israelis only blame the Qassam-1 rocket for 3 deaths in 12 months leading up to the war. If the hamas group was firing the larger 122 mm missile like you claim ( and this would be a legitimate missile), there would be hundreds of dead israelis, and the reason would be simple.

THe 122mm missile is capable of targeting. Not 'LOBBED" like the Qassam-1 rocket.

The Hamas group could target the largest Israeli cities and cause some serious damage with the 122mm missile.

You can be a jerk all you want, but you are still wrong.

The Israelis have used an unbalance response to an annoyance, not an attack.

Now, I realize that the Qassam-1 rockets can be annoying, and if lucky enough, hit a home and possibly cause a death or serious injury, but what is causing Hamas to launch these rockets in the first place?

Its simple, same old argument, Israel took their land and jews live in whats referred to as the occupied territory.

This is palestinian land and as long as Israel occupys this land there will always be conflict.

GAZA:
Today, Israel treats Gaza like a giant concentration camp.

It needs to help rebuild gaza and learn to treat these people with dignity and respect, but as long as they have a "big brother" to back them up in every conflict, they wont.

AS long as the US sends billions in weapons including nuclear warheads to Israel, they will continue to try an bully their neighbors.

This will never lead to peace.:dead:

wkmac

I was talking about this article. I think most people understand the primary reason to DX the Israel strike on Iran was because we were already doing something about it. We as a nation have a tendency to try non military solutions to problems first. It seems time after time the NY Times seems to think it is their responsibility to print articles on covert operations. In my opinion even if the average Joe can put two and two together and figure out that we have people listening to phone calls of terrorists, or tracking money of terrorist organizations, or have prisons in undisclosed locations, or happen to be trying to sabotage or slow Iran's nuclear ambitions there is no positive reason for this to be published. I feel like it possibly puts peoples lives in danger and also reduces the chances of success in our nations war on terrorism. There was also one public time the government asked the Times to not publish information about our fight and the Times did it anyhow. When the Times printed it anyhow if I remember correctly the result was several nations stopped helping us track the money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/washington/11iran.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1&sq=Israel%20Iran&st=%20cse&scp=1

Yeah I had seen that article and wondered if that was it or not. It might be easy at first to blame the NY Times as you say but reading the article it appears they had some accompliaces.

For example:

This account of the expanded American covert program and the Bush administration’s efforts to dissuade Israel from an aerial attack on Iran emerged in interviews over the past 15 months with current and former American officials, outside experts, international nuclear inspectors and European and Israeli officials.

It may have been secret as you say per the article but it sure wasn't enough to deter certain politicos from talking as I see it and my guess some of them are Bush adminstration officials. I'll explain coming up.

None would speak on the record because of the great secrecy surrounding the intelligence developed on Iran.

But it also points out that the Bush Adminstration was looking at this whole thing from a different POV.

The interviews also suggest that while Mr. Bush was extensively briefed on options for an overt American attack on Iran’s facilities, he never instructed the Pentagon to move beyond contingency planning, even during the final year of his presidency, contrary to what some critics have suggested.
The interviews also indicate that Mr. Bush was convinced by top administration officials, led by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, that any overt attack on Iran would probably prove ineffective, lead to the expulsion of international inspectors and drive Iran’s nuclear effort further out of view. Mr. Bush and his aides also discussed the possibility that an airstrike could ignite a broad Middle East war in which America’s 140,000 troops in Iraq would inevitably become involved.

It's hard to say what is going on behind the scenes but here's my take for what little it's worth.

whether Prime Minister Ehud Olmert of Israel was trying to goad the White House into more decisive action before Mr. Bush left office. But the Bush administration was particularly alarmed by an Israeli request to fly over Iraq to reach Iran’s major nuclear complex at Natanz, where the country’s only known uranium enrichment plant is located.

Around the same time as this article and speaking of goading, Olmert got Bush off stage at a speech to make certain demands over a UN Security issue http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKTRE50C20B20090113 and afterwards talk circulated that Olmert made Bush his puppet. I personally think the NY Times piece was green lighted to counter such assertions.

I think both the American and Israeli sides played politics in the press and these stories are just the fallout. Politics is always one thing on the outside but something totally different on the inside. If the NY Times was so anti-Bush or even anti-war, the last person to add to their editorial staff IMO would be Bill Kristol, Mr. Likud himself!

jmo

Just stumbled across this so thought I'd pass it on for more background.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/buchanan/buchanan102.html

Last edited:

av8torntn

Yeah I had seen that article and wondered if that was it or not. It might be easy at first to blame the NY Times as you say but reading the article it appears they had some accompliaces.

There is always someone willing to spill classified information. I had just picked this article since that is where I thought this thread had started. There is still no excuse and I am surprised more people are not up in arms over this. It has not been long when the entire left wing loon base were up in arms when they thought Cheney leaked the name of a classified agent. It turned out she was not a classified agent and he did not leak her name but some have their panties in a wad. So why no outrage here?

av8torntn

AV8, I know its tough for you to get owned in a post, so you turn towards making things up to regain your position, but this is what you quoted:

Missile boy, why did you have to quote yourself. If I posted they had missiles why did you not quote me? I don't have time to run back through everything but you did go from Israel attacking unarmed people to Israel attacking people launching rockets and missiles out of their back yards. Quite a leap there missile boy.

av8torntn

"Remove the taliban from power" Partial sucess. The taliban just moved there base of operations south into Pakistan. Keep in mind that a U.S. outpost was almost over run by the taliban a few months ago. Since that attack you hear in media more troops "reinforcements" enroute to the afghan theater of war.

The taliban do not run the government anymore. The success was swift here. You are right they still try and mount a spring offensive every year. It has always been unsuccessful to date.

"Remove Saddam from power." Success concede that to you.

Thank you the success was very swift here.

"Neutralize Osma Bin Liden." Minimal Success, if OBL was really neutralzed their would be a decline in International soliders deaths in the Afghan theater. With in the past couple months more international soliders died from hostile fire in the Afghan theater than the Iraqi theater. OBL is still an inspiration to the fighters in the Afghan theater.

AQ takes pride in their media arm. They have claimed the number two is holed up with Bin Laden. They release a high quality video from him what seems like every three days. Why no video from Bin Laden rallying the troops or giving instructions? Why only very low quality audio tapes? His money has been seized, if alive he has been isolated, and most of his top leaders have been captured. In some ways this is much better than him being publicly killed. I would still rather see proof he is dead but he has been neutralized.

"Deny Saddam the ability to restart his WMD program." No sucess there. Your statement is Historical revisionism in the making. The motive for war in Iraq was Saddam already POSSESSED WMD's. Not restart the WMD program.

Saddam is dead he will not be developing nuclear weapons. See the Bush speech to the UN. He claimed Saddam was seeking to restart his nuclear program and actively seeking materials to aid him in this effort. Unless a ghost can do this it will not happen.

"Governments elected by the people of Afghanistan and Iraq." Partial Success." Because some of those people feel that their current government is puppets for the US motives and want change "About 35 Iraqi officials have been arrested at the interior ministry, some accused of planning a coup" http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUKN1736078020081218

I was a small part of the first three free elections in Iraq in 35 years. This was a huge success. There was no US interference. A party ran on the platform to get the Americans out and only managed 2% of the vote.

"Minimize US military deaths" Partial sucess. The deaths is down from the peaks. Keep in mind the enemy could be playing possum and just going along with plans, waiting for the opportunity to strike.

You should compare these wars to wars of the past. This has been a huge success.

"Prevent more attacks on US soil" Presently that is a success. However that can change on a dime.

Yes it is a success. Thanks.

"Neutralize Al Queada" Minimial success. Everytime I read about some kind of terror attack in some other country from small bombs on buses in the UK, bombing of western hotels in Bali, Jakarta, etc. To guys with automatic rifles in India. That is not a neutralized Al-Qeda.

Lets see AQ is fleeing Iraq as fast as they can. They are coming down with the plague in their training camps. Their members are losing faith in their leadership from intercepted communications. Yes their influence has been neutralized.

What you claim as successful objectives met. I claim as minimial to partial success.

Of course that is your right but you asked why I think these wars have been very successful not the other way around.

This war on terror is going to end only in two ways. Either their will be peace through Diplomacy. Or peace through Genocide. I say Genocide because you have kill everybody who has same ideas or is sympathetic to the cause of your enemy. As long as your enmey has oxygen in the brain they will pass on the message of why they fight to other people "future fighters". :gun_banda

I cannot agree with that. Not that you care.

Hawaii50

The taliban do not run the government anymore. The success was swift here. You are right they still try and mount a spring offensive every year. It has always been unsuccessful to date.

If it's so unsuccessful then why are more troops being sent there. During Bush jr presidency he was asking NATO to send more troops to the afghan theater. When the president ask's NATO to send more troops that is associated with success. You are aware the taliban strategy is war of attrition. The Afghan theater of war won't be over quick.

Saddam is dead he will not be developing nuclear weapons. See the Bush speech to the UN. He claimed Saddam was seeking to restart his nuclear program and actively seeking materials to aid him in this effort. Unless a ghost can do this it will not happen.

I'm talkig about pre-invasion rhetoric. The so called mobile chemical weapons labs, mushroom clouds. etc.

AQ takes pride in their media arm. They have claimed the number two is holed up with Bin Laden. They release a high quality video from him what seems like every three days. Why no video from Bin Laden rallying the troops or giving instructions? Why only very low quality audio tapes? His money has been seized, if alive he has been isolated, and most of his top leaders have been captured. In some ways this is much better than him being publicly killed. I would still rather see proof he is dead but he has been neutralized.

Are you fo real. That fact that he is alive even using low quality audo is inspiration for his fighters. OBL is doing a Bush jr only with audio. During the Iraq war Bush visited the troops in Iraq 4/5x. The presence of COMIC is inspiration for. Why do think Pakistain cities in the northwest/east are falling to the taliban/AQ.

Lets see AQ is fleeing Iraq as fast as they can. They are coming down with the plague in their training camps. Their members are losing faith in their leadership from intercepted communications. Yes their influence has been neutralized.

"fleeing iraq?" Where did you get the information. "They are coming down with the plague in their training camps." Ok, a bit of biblical reference. I have not read or heard about the plague in training camps for AQ.
"General Petraeus says that it remains "fragile", recent security gains are "not irreversible" and "this is not the sort of struggle where you take a hill, plant the flag and go home to a victory parade... it's not a war with a simple slogan." http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iraq-violence-is-down-ndash-but-not-because-of-americas-surge-929896.html
Once the surge troops reinforcements leave and go to the afghan theater. Will the violence pick back up? If the violence continues it's downward trend I'll concede this. Like you said in an earlier post "Fair fight? Why would I want a fair fight" The enemy is not dumb. They could easily be playing possum when the odds is stacked against them.

I was a small part of the first three free elections in Iraq in 35 years. This was a huge success. There was no US interference. A party ran on the platform to get the Americans out and only managed 2% of the vote.

"Well that 2% must be the leadership." Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki said Monday that an agreement on the future of U.S. forces in Iraq must include a firm withdrawal date and that Iraq wants them out of the country by the end of 2011. http://articles.latimes.com/2008/aug/25/world/fg-iraq26

"I cannot agree with that. Not that you care." One of your posts you condemed Israel because of the cease-fire with Hamas. You were admant about why it was wrong. This cease fire is a mistake and will be the reason for further attacks in the region. '

When I mention Genocide to end the attacks in the region. You're "I can'nt agree with that." ***.

drewed

Shankman
The time table excuse still doesnt fly. The point he was making is simple.

The point of the iraq war and the afghanistan war had objectives that HAVE STILL NOT BEEN MET.

In afghanistan, removing and eliminating the taliban was the objective...today, they are stronger than ever, now called the narco-taliban with the increase in poppy production.

Mission FAILED.

In Iraq, the objective was WMD and eliminating al-qaeda. As to WMD's, they never existed so it was easy to claim victory for this, as to al-qaeda, the 911 committee and the senate commitees proved they never existed in the first place in Iraq and as a bonus, had no ties to saddam hussien.

Mission FAILED.

In Iraq, we created a mess with bad planning and no leadership from the white house. Then, when it became a disaster, a new plan (the surge) had to be implemented to fix what we broke.

These are not successful wars. They are disasters that have cost the US taxpayers more in dollars than 911 caused in total.

Over 1 trillion spent in Iraq alone, more than was spent on another lost conflict (vietnam).

Anyone who calls these wars victories need to examine what victory is.

And if anyone wants to try and connect Iraq to 911 and say that by attacking them, our country has been safe is out of touch with reality.

Bush himself shows the failure of his wars in his goodbye speech the other night. Before the wars began, he used the name Osama Bin Laden in every other sentence, so did his administration.

They sold the war to america by saying that they were going to get OSAMA for 911. Everyone bought it. It was an easy sell. For months, they used his name over and over....

Yet, in his goodbye speech, he never made mention of OSAMA BIN LADEN 1 TIME!!

What happened? Funny how 6 years later, the name OSAMA BIN LADEN just disappeared from the war rhetoric.

I guess the world is safe from the #1 terrorist now that bush took on two countries with no ties to 911.

Get a clue people.

Not once did bush mention OSAMA BIN LADEN as a reason for either wars in his final speech.

This president was, is and will always be remembered as an idiot.:dead:

And my point is the full mission and korea was never met, the revolutionary war wasnt fully resolved till the the late 1800s, the civil war there was hard feelings and in fighting till the 1930s and WW2s goals led us into the cold war sooo the point is why arent you bitching about those?

How did Afaghanistan not have ties with Osama?

av8torntn

"fleeing iraq?" Where did you get the information. "They are coming down with the plague in their training camps."

A little googlefu for you.

Here.

And no it was not a bible reference it is current news but would have been more like a middle ages reference.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/01/19/Report_Plague_killing_al-Qaida_terrorists/UPI-88691232390982/

At first I took great offense at you saying military action is equal to genocide. I now understand that statement was based on a lack of knowledge. I assume you have never been involved in any military action or you are either just making a choice to not tell the truth to make a point. The other side and brownshark do it on a regular basis so I am guessing that it is not a big deal here.

Hawaii50

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/01/19/Report_Plague_killing_al-Qaida_terrorists/UPI-88691232390982/

At first I took great offense at you saying military action is equal to genocide. I now understand that statement was based on a lack of knowledge. I assume you have never been involved in any military action or you are either just making a choice to not tell the truth to make a point. The other side and brownshark do it on a regular basis so I am guessing that it is not a big deal here.[/quote]

Military action used properly can be Genocide. If Israel really wants peace between Hamas and Israel. Diplomacy with Hamas has not worked for 20+years. Several small scale war's have not worked with Hamas. The only option left is Genocide. :peaceful:

Look at what is happening after the cease fire with Hamas which youself was a mistake.
New Fear Iran Could Supply Hamas In Gaza

As Israel Withdraws Last Of Troops From Gaza, U.S. Finds Iranian Ship Carrying Artillery Shells

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/21/world/main4742368.shtml?tag=main_home_storiesBySection

Hamas Digging New Smuggling Tunnels

CBS Evening News: Just Hours After Israeli Forces Leave, Underground Cleanup Already Underway

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009...n4745768.shtml?tag=main_home_storiesBySection

av8torntn

Diplomacy with Hamas has not worked for 20+years. Several small scale war's have not worked with Hamas. The only option left is Genocide. :peaceful:

I guess the main problem I have is the leap from what you call small scale wars to genocide. Part of the reason I feel the military actions never work for Israel is that the entire world know within a couple of days when they will end. This time the day everyone had picked was the changeover of power in the US. Israel I feel is far to kind to these people that have a goal of eliminating them from the world and attack them on a regular basis.