It seems I owe an apology...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
4 different loaders in 5 days.
I don't stress about it anymore bcuz it's a waste of time and the supes are comatose when relating to our job expectations.
The only time they care is when it affects their numbers. A new loader stuffed a bunch of air envelopes on the 5000 shelf of a route the.other day..resulting in 4 service failures. Yesterday, my center manager told me to load that route in addition to my 4. Sure, I have nothing better to do.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I might have one of the worst loaders, but thank god he's gone after peak.
I usually bitch about a few things every morning and discuss the 4+misloads I have to run off every night.
I decide to change it up and pat him on the back and tell him he's improving---------------then I get 5 misloads, 2000's buried under the 4000 shelf,packages on the wrong shelf, LOL I CAN'T WIN LOL

Oh, well. It is a thankless job at times but a good preloader takes a little of the stress off during the day.
Though, this has been the most stress-free peak ever.

10 point

would never say work off the clock... but if there is a new loader come in a few minutes early and talk to him/her explaining your concerns about how you need your truck loaded.... if you be a human to them they will take a extra step to TRY to meet your requested load expectations.
Which loader? Only had 4 in 5 days and multiple choice the week prior.

They're trying to make me rich.

Cementups

Box Monkey
...to all the whiny PC drivers out there who are always complaining about their preloaders.

I overslept today and was an hour + late for my start time. So, management ended up sticking a "new" loader in my area to cover until I arrived.

Well, after 7+ years at UPS, I can finally say now I know what you guys and gals are whining about. And, I apologize for being so hard on you for picking on preloaders.

Holy (CENSORED)! The cars were a disaster - misloads, packages not even close to where they should be, wrong shelves, etc.

Since I was already behind schedule, I fixed what I could. But, I warned my drivers to be prepared for the worse. Fortunately, they deliver early AMs and the volume was ridiculously light today. So, they got back early and fixed what they could.

You must load for the east shore, lol. That's where most of the whiny drivers are. Over on the run out belt we all just look at the load, shrug and dig in. But my loader is the bomb. She has everything loaded up pretty much stop for stop. I'll keep her. She will be getting a nice bonus from myself and the driver next to me.

HBGPreloader

The only time they care is when it affects their numbers. A new loader stuffed a bunch of air envelopes on the 5000 shelf of a route the.other day..resulting in 4 service failures. Yesterday, my center manager told me to load that route in addition to my 4. Sure, I have nothing better to do.
Only at UPS is hard
You must load for the east shore, lol. That's where most of the whiny drivers are. Over on the run out belt we all just look at the load, shrug and dig in. But my loader is the bomb. She has everything loaded up pretty much stop for stop. I'll keep her. She will be getting a nice bonus from myself and the driver next to me.

I'm on the inside of box 1 and, compared to the east shore, the west shore drivers are saints. But, there are (were) couple of bad apples :)

Until I was recently moved, I worked with one of the biggest complainers of them all. However, between 300 - 500 pieces of surepost on top of her usual bulk stops, her complaints were, certainly, justified.

The drivers I load for now are very understanding and a blast to work with. Although I was fine with working in the area used to load, I just wish that management moved me sooner so I could have learned this area better before peak.

There are couple of permanent female loaders on box 1. Both have come quite a long ways in a relatively short time - despite the lack of proper training from experienced supervisors. And, this may sound sexist but, from what I've seen, women seem to care more about doing a good job than men.

FiXiE.GuRL

I hardly got any training at all but I collaborated with the drivers and asked what they wanted. I just feel a need to not only load it properly, but make it look pleasing too. That might be a little bit of my OCD too. Lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I hardly got any training at all but I collaborated with the drivers and asked what they wanted. I just feel a need to not only load it properly, but make it look pleasing too. That might be a little bit of my OCD too. Lol
Yes, your 2 cars and surepost...right....lol. Try loading 5 or 6..

FiXiE.GuRL

BB58 go somewhere, stop hating and making snob remarks towards people. You must have some serious sexual tension built up, or ur just an angry ****, that doesn't have anything better to do but go to work load and, then come here and unload ur BS!!!

HAVE A NICE DAY AND A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!! :-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
BB58 go somewhere, stop hating and making snob remarks towards people. You must have some serious sexual tension built up, or ur just an angry ****, that doesn't have anything better to do but go to work load and, then come here and unload ur BS!!!

I can see where this is going...

tumblr_n8zw1eROhm1tw5cx9o2_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
BB58 go somewhere, stop hating and making snob remarks towards people. You must have some serious sexual tension built up, or ur just an angry biotch, that doesn't have anything better to do but go to work load and, then come here and unload ur BS!!!

Nope....just can't stand new people who think they know what they're babbling about. Sorry you can't handle a dose of reality without resorting to name calling....lmao.

FiXiE.GuRL

I have never posted anything on this forum where in fact I implied I know anything as being a fact. I merely posted experiences thus far with UPS and how it relates to the topic.

This is a forum and community for UPS employees. I would think since you have been around here so long, maybe you can be positive towards new people and maybe your attitude might change as well. I'm a optimist and I think your pessimist. I'm not judging just stated the obvious, based on my observations of 3/4 of your posts.

Chill woman..lol relax, have a good time, life is to damn short to be negative. There is too much negativity in this world already, you should hope to remove any negativity related to ur job/career.

:-)