just got a damn ticket

kelster

For some reason I thought this was a teamster site, but I realize that it is not. First off I am a woman and yes in my city 1 drink is too much......zero tolerance. Just hoping to keep my seniority not my job, that is secure I am a classified driver that will just lose seniority and was hoping for that not to happen as much as my local union and my center manager! They have challenged me to find another case and change precedent for others

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
For some reason I thought this was a teamster site, but I realize that it is not. First off I am a woman and yes in my city 1 drink is too much......zero tolerance. Just hoping to keep my seniority not my job, that is secure I am a classified driver that will just lose seniority and was hoping for that not to happen as much as my local union and my center manager! They have challenged me to find another case and change precedent for others

Sent using BrownCafe App
Well what were you given,..you mentioned an interlock...are you are on probation...is your license restricted?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Oh I have been 16 months since I have touched alcohol. My manager is telling me to find a case like mine and maybe I can win the grievance

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wait, sixteen months and you just got a DUI?

I don't understand.

TheKid99

So I was told to talk to HR on Monday for driving job (finally.. I thought I were going to start this month).

I got a ticket last September... they already know that

Should I disclose this one? I'm getting a non moving violation and my court date is in September. Its not even on my driving record yet.

kelster

No I am getting my license back but will have the blow thing in my car and ups won't write the letter to let me drive the truck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No I am getting my license back but will have the blow thing in my car and ups won't write the letter to let me drive the truck.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your full license back? In my state, if you are required to have an interlock, your license is restricted. You can only drive to and from work, to dr appts, and necessary trips. So, if they won't give you a letter to drive, what is the alternative....inside work?

Fedex Guy

So I was told to talk to HR on Monday for driving job (finally.. I thought I were going to start this month).

I got a ticket last September... they already know that

Should I disclose this one? I'm getting a non moving violation and my court date is in September. Its not even on my driving record yet.
I wouldn't disclose anything that isn't currently on your driving record.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

kelster

Yes inside work only when available, meaning I have taken a $6 paycut and preload only. 4.5 hours. My center manager is fighting for me and hoping I can find a case where the letter was written so I can use that case to set precedent

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes inside work only when available, meaning I have taken a $6 paycut and preload only. 4.5 hours. My center manager is fighting for me and hoping I can find a case where the letter was written so I can use that case to set precedent

Sent using BrownCafe App
Wah. You still have your job. Consider it a very expensive lesson learned.