Just gotta love government restriction

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ok, then, Ill go to jail. I have two pick ups and the garage is full of motorcycles.
So next we should outlaw, the oldsmobliles, buicks, and cadillacs that have the great big wheels, which cant even turn correctly, or the tires hit the fenders. Put them in the garage young men!

bbsam

Staff member
Ok, then, Ill go to jail. I have two pick ups and the garage is full of motorcycles.
So next we should outlaw, the oldsmobliles, buicks, and cadillacs that have the great big wheels, which cant even turn correctly, or the tires hit the fenders. Put them in the garage young men!
You live in Coral Gables?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is common practice among homeowners associations and is nothing new. If you live in a upscale neighborhood, you can expect rules like this.

Get over it.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have to have our 2-car garages filled with 2 cars before we can park on our own driveway overnight. It really isn't enforced much unless you happen to live next door to a witch who writes letters & reports you. We had to buy a 3rd car so there would be 2 cars in our garage so my hubby could park the Tahoe in our driveway overnight and make that bitch look at our vehicle 'til the day she dies.

It cost me the $$ for a 3rd car, just because that witch thinks she's the neighborhood police. I now take great pleasure in knowing that she doesn't like my Tahoe parked in my driveway.....too bad Judith!!! Not Judy, but Judith !!

tourists24

This is common practice among homeowners associations and is nothing new. If you live in a upscale neighborhood, you can expect rules like this.

Get over it.

Peace.
TOS,, this is not a Homeowners Assoc.... this is a local ordinance... government.. there is a difference

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came…

sooner or later it will catch up to ya.....

Kinda a strectch Tourist, but I can see why you would want a gun if you live in such fear.

Trucks can be an eyesore, work trucks or trucks beat to hell can make a neighborhood look like crap. Sure there are nice trucks, but the majority are beaters. Trucks can be filled with junk, tools, crap, garbage and the like and that just looks unsightly.

I agree with the ordinance.

Peace.

klein

Für Meno :)
Cars also can be beaters, filled with junk and trash , so why single out just one class of vehicles ?

You must also hold a huge grouge against those mall parking lots, that have signs "Small Cars Only".
Now they even have some with energy friendly vehicles only !
It's going to be hard to live your old fashion life soon, sorry !

tourists24

Kinda a strectch Tourist, but I can see why you would want a gun if you live in such fear.

Trucks can be an eyesore, work trucks or trucks beat to hell can make a neighborhood look like crap. Sure there are nice trucks, but the majority are beaters. Trucks can be filled with junk, tools, crap, garbage and the like and that just looks unsightly.

Peace.
It has little to do with fear and everything to do with government intrusion. His pickup hardly looks like a clunker. Although I am a lowly redneck from NC.

Funny though, my first reaction for this guy is why doesnt he just buy 4 or 5 of the nastiest clunkers he can find, paint em pink-orange-and neon green; then park them right out in plain sight while his truck is nestled in his garage

moreluck

golden ticket member
You must also hold a huge grouge against those mall parking lots, that have signs "Small Cars Only".
Now they even have some with energy friendly vehicles only !
It's going to be hard to live your old fashion life soon, sorry !

So, is that new avatar from the school of Dog Chapman? Wax much?

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace.
Things look different to different people.........when we were buying rental property (homes & plexes) the site of trucks in the driveway, especially trucks with tools, meant working folks who usually pay their bills....rent first!! Good sign!

We lived in a subdivision years ago that pu trucks were allowed but they were not allowed to be commercial vehicles. I had no problem with that.

wkmac

Peace.

Mexicans can be an eyesore, working mexicans or just the old worthless beat up kind look like hell and can make a neighborhood look like crap. Sure there are a few nice mexicans, but the majority are worthless dead beaters. Mexicans fill the area with their junk, tools, crap, garbage and the like and that just looks unsightly.

As they say at Staples, "That Was Easy!"

Good find Tourist!

Crush the Bastards! Destroy the Empire! De-Empower the Statists!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This story has some history and isnt something new, in fact, this ordinance in Coral Gables goes back to the 1960's and the law was challenged in 2003 and went to the Florida Supreme court. The Court refused to hear the case and the law was ordered to stand.

The city has only RESUMED enforcement and not starting something new.

Like I said before, high rent communities pass some silly laws, but they will stick.

Peace.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You live in Coral Gables?

Peace.
It is not a stretch, and no I do not live in Coral Gables. It could soon be everywhere.
I see cars where you can only see out the windshield, so full of junk. And barely.
Yet when I see a truck full of those nasty looking tools, ladders etc, I think Cool, guy has a job, isnt that terrible to be driving around with those nasty money making tools and equipment. That is where we think differently about what is tasteful and what is not.

And [video=youtube;qLdzPZt02tE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLdzPZt02tE&playnext=1&list=PL57988503EFDE284A[/video]
I agree, these cars CAN be works of art. I would rather see the trucks in the driveway.

Last edited:

Peace.
It's not a stretch really, and has nothing to do with guns or fear except for the comparison to the method. This is a control concept so simple even you should be able to under stand it and you could if it didn't fall directly into your controlling nature.

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Kids Lemonade Stand At U.S. Open Fined $500 And Shut Down By Montgomery County[/h]BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA)
A county inspector ordered the Marriott and Augustine kids to shut down the stand they set up on Persimmon Tree Rd., right next to Congressional. And after they allegedly ignored a couple of warnings, the inspector fined their parents $500.
"This gentleman from the county is now telling us because we don't have a vendors license, the kids won't be allowed to sell their lemonade," Carrie Marriott told us, her voice trembling.
The kids can't seem to understand it. "I don't agree, I think the county is wrong." "We're sending the money to charity."
Jennifer Hughes, the director of permitting for the county, says it's technically illegal to run even the smallest lemonade stand in the county, but inspectors usually don't go looking for them. She said this one was unusually large. Hughes also says they've warned all kinds of other vendors they couldn't operate near the US Open because of concerns about traffic and safety.
But that did little to console Carrie Marriott. "Does every kid who sells lemonade now have to register with the county?" she asked the inspector.

"Cute little kids making five or ten dollars is a little bit different than making hundreds. You've got coolers and coolers here," the inspector responded.

"To raise money for pediatric cancer," Marriott replied.
What's funny is that the county has given scores of other neighbors permits to let golf fans park on their front lawns. The permits cost almost $300, but prices per car run as much as $60 a day. And some neighbors are reportedly raking in tens of thousands of dollars.
"I'm a little upset with the rip off that's going on," said Ron Simpson, who was getting ready to pay $50. One cop says a neighbor told him he'd made enough charging for parking at big golf events at Congressional that it had paid one of his kid's college tuition.
Carrie Marriott is having a hard time reconciling the two different perspectives on entrepreneurship at the US Open. "The message to kids is, there's no American dream."