Michael Moore Hit in the Face with Reality?

rickyb

in italy, by law the employers have to pay the workers an extra 2 weeks vacation on top of the 5-6 weeks vacation, when a worker gets married.

america is the only country in the world, along with papa new guinea i believe not to have a law guaranteeing paid maternity leave.

the icelandic CEOs at the end of the movie said "you couldnt pay me to live in america" said she wouldnt want to be the neighbour of america, and listed off alot of the things that most developed countires have that america doesnt. she made the point that you guys dont take care of each other. too individualist.

a journalist in one of the 3rd world north African countries where they had a new system of government funded abortion or something like that, made the point about "what do americans know about other countries?" this is not the first time i heard about the idea that americans know very little about other countries.

newfie

this is not the first time i heard about the idea that americans know very little about other countries.

why would we want to when we live in the greatest country in the world. look at you, you're from Canada yet you live on this board discussing American issues.

rickyb

why would we want to when we live in the greatest country in the world. look at you, you're from Canada yet you live on this board discussing American issues.
Jean Girard: My name is Jean Girard and I am a racing-car driver just like you except I am from Formula Un. I am the greatest one in the whole world. I have been following your career with great interest, Monsieur Bobby.

Ricky Bobby: I can't understand a word you've said the whole time.

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Did you eat some peanut butter or something?

Ricky Bobby: Yeah, you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of your mouth

Jean Girard: I think what you are hearing is my accent. I am French.

Ricky Bobby: You say you're French?

Jean Girard: Oui.

[sounds like 'We']

Ricky Bobby: We? No, we are not French. We're American, because you're in America, okay? Greatest country on the planet

Jean Girard: Well, what have you given the world apart from George Bush, Cheerios, and the ThighMaster?

Ricky Bobby: Chinese food?

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Chinese food.

Jean Girard: That's from China.

Ricky Bobby: Pizza.

Jean Girard: Italy.

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Chimichanga.

Jean Girard: Mexico.

Ricky Bobby: Really, smarty-pants? What did French land give us?

Jean Girard: We invented democracy, existentialism, and the ménage à trois.

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Those are three pretty good things.

Ricky Bobby: Hey.

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Well that last one's pretty cool.

newfie

Jean Girard: My name is Jean Girard and I am a racing-car driver just like you except I am from Formula Un. I am the greatest one in the whole world. I have been following your career with great interest, Monsieur Bobby.

Ricky Bobby: Yeah, you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of your mouth

[sounds like 'We']

Ricky Bobby: We? No, we are not French. We're American, because you're in America, okay? Greatest country on the planet

Jean Girard: Well, what have you given the world apart from George Bush, Cheerios, and the ThighMaster?

but here you are discussing America?

oldngray

nowhere special

[sounds like 'We']

Are fictional characters the best you can do?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
in italy, by law the employers have to pay the workers an extra 2 weeks vacation on top of the 5-6 weeks vacation, when a worker gets married.

america is the only country in the world, along with papa new guinea i believe not to have a law guaranteeing paid maternity leave.

the icelandic CEOs at the end of the movie said "you couldnt pay me to live in america" said she wouldnt want to be the neighbour of america, and listed off alot of the things that most developed countires have that america doesnt. she made the point that you guys dont take care of each other. too individualist.

a journalist in one of the 3rd world north African countries where they had a new system of government funded abortion or something like that, made the point about "what do americans know about other countries?" this is not the first time i heard about the idea that americans know very little about other countries.
Then move to Italy if you like the way they do things.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
That's funny.

I lived in Germany.

Had a German girlfriend who I lived with.

Not 1 of her friends got FREE COLLEGE.

Most were in some sort of apprentice program.

When did the free college begin?

And I guarantee you its not free for everyone.

Probably free for the top 5 or 10% from secondary school.

If you were not in the top of your class, you can't get into college in Germany.

rickyb

That's funny.

I lived in Germany.

Had a German girlfriend who I lived with.

Not 1 of her friends got FREE COLLEGE.

Most were in some sort of apprentice program.

When did the free college begin?

And I guarantee you its not free for everyone.

Probably free for the top 5 or 10% from secondary school.

If you were not in the top of your class, you can't get into college in Germany.

they changed it to free for everyone a few years ago it was big news. maybe you should change your news sources.