keyless entry

iowa boy

Went in Friday and I was fobbed.What the hell,where's the key?
Here ya go,figure it out.Bulkhead door kept popping open all day.
Have to actually stop to close it ,so screw that,wrote it up.
I did like it though.I have to touch the kill engine light twice to open
​the bulkhead,am I doing something wrong?

You will figure out within the first month that the two presses of the fob to unlock the back door will not work when your car is full of boxes. Where I'm at, we all either zip-tied or bungeed the back door lock so as to not have to worry about the lock.

Went in Friday and I was fobbed.What the hell,where's the key?
Here ya go,figure it out.Bulkhead door kept popping open all day.
Have to actually stop to close it ,so screw that,wrote it up.
I did like it though.I have to touch the kill engine light twice to open
​the bulkhead,am I doing something wrong?
My SUP knows how to use it!...How hard can it really be???

jalnar

The keyless coste the company approximatley 800 dollars so you do the math. You are paying for the system with the extra stops every day, Within the first year it will be paid for by doing the extra stops ,so UPS says THANK YOU. You will hit the fab by accident and have an enormous amount of bulkhead door violations until you get use to it. Watch telematics every morning and you will understand what I am saying. GOOD LUCK

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why is there no written certification or written training for the FOB? We have training on everything and I mean everything else. Can someone post the certification or training forms if they exist?

There is no written certification and/or training for the FOB as none is needed. It couldn't be more simpler. Press the FOB once (short) to energize the ignition switch. Push the ignition switch twice to start. Push it once to turn the vehicle off and again to open the bulkhead door. Push the FOB twice to unlock the rear door and once (long) to open the bulkhead door.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
You will figure out within the first month that the two presses of the fob to unlock the back door will not work when your car is full of boxes. Where I'm at, we all either zip-tied or bungeed the back door lock so as to not have to worry about the lock.
Not to change the subject, but Ive seen your signature line. Sounds like I've got a sister in law in Iowa that I didn't know about????

Cementups

Box Monkey
they never took the keys off our fobs

Really? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

The only key they removed from my ring was the ignition key. I still have 3 other keys on there. My bulkhead key, my TripPak box key and my handcart lock key. In the morning I take the ring of keys off the carabiner and put them in my left pocket and clip the fob to my right belt loop. I take the keys off so I don't sound like a janitor walking around.

Beenthrtolong

The only key they removed from my ring was the ignition key. I still have 3 other keys on there. My bulkhead key, my TripPak box key and my handcart lock key. In the morning I take the ring of keys off the carabiner and put them in my left pocket and clip the fob to my right belt loop. I take the keys off so I don't sound like a janitor walking around.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I take the keys off so I don't sound like a janitor walking around.

Same here, I can't stand listening to that all day. I clip the carabiner to my right belt loop. Half the time when I sit back in my seat, the FOB starts the ignition sequence without me squeezing the button.

DS

Fenderbender
So far I like it.No back door unlock here.I find myself leaving the rear door key on my left hand finger even after I complete a stop.I have a hard time breaking habits.I was done 6 minutes earlier today:cool-very:

S

serenity now

Same here, I can't stand listening to that all day. I clip the carabiner to my right belt loop. Half the time when I sit back in my seat, the FOB starts the ignition sequence without me squeezing the button.

i take the keys off the carabiner each morning, so it's fob only * also added 1 small split ring between carabiner and fob ring which allows fob to lay flat against my leg and keeps it out from under the buckled seat belt *

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
they never took the keys off our fobs

Really? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

It should be the policy.

When there is a malfunction in the system or a fob with a dead battery...and there will be....the abilty to immediately insert the key and get the vehicle moving again is a legitimate safety issue. I had the system die on my while the car was moving once, i lost power in the middle of a curve and rolled to a stop by the side of the road. I had a key, and used it to get the car moving again. Without it... I would have been broken down on a blind turn and been forced to stand outside the driver step with my back to oncoming traffic while i screwed around with the lock box that was mounted on the firewall beneath the park brake lever. Leaving the original ignition key on the ring next to the fob as a backup should be a no- brainer.