keyless entry

Big Babooba

I asked my center manager for directions, since there were none at all, and he took me to my package car and gave me a personal demostration. He told me I had to have my foot on the brake pedal before I started the engine, I wasted a lot of time before I figured out this wasn't the case. I got to where I would click the FOB as I approached the car, and then I would tap the dash switch as I was sitting down before I put my seatbelt on. This is all new and I will have to retrain myself in my methods. I do like that the bulkhead door opening with the second push of the off switch, its almost as fast as riding around with the bulkhead door open.(Not that I would do that!) I wish that there was some kind of timer switch that would shut the door automatically, that would save a motion. I like the door, but right now I feel like the ignition part is slowing me down. Sometimes the system seems like it has to reset itself and loses time. I will just have to get used to it.

We've been instructed not to press the fob button to energize the ignition until after we are belted in. Supposedly telematics reads the time the system is energized as idle time even when the engine isn't running. Also if you have a pick up that waves you off, you have to stop the engine and wait 7 seconds before completing the stop or you will get gigged for a recording while idling infraction.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We are all lucky we can work them at all. Be a while before they can infract us, when they didnt tell us how to run it, to begin with.

Packmule

Never got told any of this stuff when keyless came in here. I press the remote button as I'm closing the side door (it's always cold here) then double tap the ignition as sitting down. Engine is running by the time I'm settled, freeing my hands to lock the seat belt. Fast. Real fast. Wouldn't go back myself. don't miss that stupid key at all. Also, we are a bonus center, so I just make a few more minutes of bonus being faster. No changes in time allowance yet.

I had keyless entry for awhile but since I deliver my whole trip out the back door several times a day I would accidently double tap the fob and have to walk up and close the bulk head door so it didn't really same me any time. But luckly my center team hates me and took that nice truck away from me and replaced it with a POS so I no longer have that problem. . .

UPS_MAN

YOu will like the keyless entry. It unlocks and opens automatically the bulk head door.. It will just unlock the back door and you just turn the handle on the back door and your inn!! no more Keys for anything..

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

we've been instructed not to press the fob button to energize the ignition until after we are belted in. Supposedly telematics reads the time the system is energized as idle time even when the engine isn't running. Also if you have a pick up that waves you off, you have to stop the engine and wait 7 seconds before completing the stop or you will get gigged for a recording while idling infraction.

this must be where im getting nabbed for 1 idle infraction a day. I have a flag stop i shut down and hit stop complete before the 7 second rule. Will be making 7 seconds more a day now :-)

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

Keyless entry gets better with time, it is nice to have door pop open put only if your level or leaning driverside way which usually is not the case in the country. When u lean to passenger side it unlocks and opens a touch but u must still slide it but it takes little effort. Follow the methods and u will learn where you can take an xtra second to take a drink or whatever without throughing a red flag. Tellonmematics is a bit to get used to as is the keyless entry. My stops have gone down yet still working 9.5 + day and when they ask why my answer is u tell me. U have the tools to tell me my everymove where did i go wrong? Been threatened with a ride and such but have no worries just following the rules lots of long driveways and the such. Little more walking but at the end of the day its all good.

DS

Fenderbender
Went in Friday and I was fobbed.What the hell,where's the key?
Here ya go,figure it out.Bulkhead door kept popping open all day.
Have to actually stop to close it ,so screw that,wrote it up.
I did like it though.I have to touch the kill engine light twice to open
​the bulkhead,am I doing something wrong?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Went in Friday and I was fobbed.What the hell,where's the key?
Here ya go,figure it out.Bulkhead door kept popping open all day.
Have to actually stop to close it ,so screw that,wrote it up.
I did like it though.I have to touch the kill engine light twice to open
​the bulkhead,am I doing something wrong?
Nope. That's how it works.

Cementups

Box Monkey
DS, one press turns off engine. press immediately after and the bulk head pops open. Let sit too long then you have to use the fob. And you do not have to hold the fob button in until the door opens either. A tap engages engine start and a slight hold down of the button opens the bulk head. 2 taps release rear door latch. Will take about a week to really get used to and it becomes regular habit.