Last two pay checks 'on Topic'

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by arrow2121, Oct 11, 2016.

1. arrow2121

arrow2121 New Member

Hey guys I quit wednesday of last week, I was not employed with ups that long only 2 1/2 weeks. I had to quit because my vehicle broke down and I had no way to get to the hub which is 40 mins away from me. They currently owe me two paychecks one for a full weeks of work and one for a half weeks of work. When I call to ask them if those checks will be ready to get picked up this Friday they keep on makeing excuses and lies up, Like that they don't even have my check there for the full weeks of work. Has this happened to any of you before should I report them to the Texas workforce commission if they do not have my checks by Friday

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Have you gone to upsers.com to see if the checks were issued?

3. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

4. arrow2121

arrow2121 New Member

Yes they have both been issued but every time I call they say some kind of bull **** and say they don't have them

5. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

Might be trying to get you to come back to work

6. hallerin

hallerin Active Member

It's just $50, forget it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  7. arrow2121

arrow2121 New Member

No the one full check is like $210 and the one for the half week of work is $50 I think. If it was just $50 I wouldn't even be bothering about it right now

8. UpstateNYUPSer

They are sitting in your supervisors desk drawer. Print out the stubs, drive to your center and "ask" for the checks.

9. arrow2121

arrow2121 New Member

Maybe, it was a good job I was loading good ,I wouldn't have quit I just had no way to get up there my car broke down unexpectedly So I had to quit

10. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

Sometimes life just kicks you in the balls

11. arrow2121

arrow2121 New Member

Alright thanks, I'll do that.

12. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

If one is a full check...and the other you say is a $50 check for a half a week of work. Wouldn't the full week check be around $100 ($50 × 2)?

13. arrow2121

arrow2121 New Member

Different hours and start times for the weeks. Some days I worked more than 5 hours almost 6 and the last week I was just working 3 hours and plus taxes that were cut off the paycheck.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

The amounts are irrelevant. What is important here is that you earned the money and you are entitled to receive it in a timely manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 God, Family, UPSer

...Uh his car broke down.

16. arrow2121

arrow2121 New Member

I'll get a friend to either take me Thursday or Friday.

17. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

What will your next job be?

18. UpstateNYUPSer

Uber driver.

19. arrow2121

arrow2121 New Member

:laugh: Haha

20. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's harder for people who do things like quit their jobs because they couldn't possibly figure out somehow some way to get to work.