Let's Get the New Year Started Right "On Topic" Safety is the greatest most extreme issue.

Integrity

Binge Poster
My offer is genuine.

I would do the same, for anyone.

Right out in the open, for everyone to see.

That way.... all of BrownCafe can benefit.

Or, question my advice.... with opinions (and experiences) of their own.

-Bug-
BigUnionGuy,

OK.

How do you think you can help?

Sincerely,
I

OPTION3

Buster Good,

I disagree.

What evidence do you have to make the statement that the safety committee is there to cut liability for the company and the union?

This is a common error in thinking, that is unless you can provide evidence?

Sincerely,
I
When you give them a legit concern and they return with....it is not economically feasible to fix this....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
For damn sake

What were wrong with the seats ?
Were you asking for something not in the contract ?
What made the steward unhelpful ?

BUG asked you to explain the situation. Yet you still go back to asking him questions. We all want to know what your safety issues are but put them in the thread so we can read and react.

M

Mike hunt

For damn sake

BUG asked you to explain the situation. Yet you still go back to asking him questions. We all want to know what your safety issues are but put them in the thread so we can read and react.
I'm still waiting for him to answer my chaffing question with a question.

T

Turdferguson

OPTION3,

That is often the case.

When addressing concerns it can become very challenging in the workplace.

Sincerely,
I
Not just the work place but real life as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
For damn sake

HEFFERNAN,

http://www.browncafe.com/community/posts/708493/

Not sure. Maybe

I never said he was unhelpful.

I said, "I was not confident in my Shop Steward's ability to handle these types of issues at the time."

I explained the situation to him he offered help, I asked him how can help.

It is unfortunate you have a problem with this.

I don't take BigUnionGuy as someone who needs the likes of you to speak on his behalf.

Do you view yourself as a nice person?

Sincerely,
I

Last edited:
T

Turdferguson

HEFFERNAN,

http://www.browncafe.com/community/posts/708493/

Not sure. Maybe

I never said he was unhelpful.

I said, "I was not confident in my Shop Steward's ability to handle these types of issues at the time."

I explained the situation to him he offered help, I asked him how can help.

It is unfortunate you have a problem with this.

I don't take BigUnionGuy as someone who needs the likes of you to speak on his behalf.

You don't sound like a very nice person. Are you?

Sincerely,
I
Would personal attacks on weather or not another member on brown cafe is a nice person be considered "on topic" to this thread ?

T

Turdferguson

No apologies needed to me just wanted to know what was on topic on this thread before diving head first into a mod queue for disobeying house rules

Integrity

Binge Poster
No apologies needed to me just wanted to know what was on topic on this thread before diving head first into a mod queue for disobeying house rules
turdferguson,

Just my thoughts.

I don't think there ever is a issue when as part of a discussion, other sub topics or statements are made that while not directly to the topic they are still relevant to the discussion and to the relating with each other in the discussion.

Kind of like this post.

Sincerely,
I

T

Turdferguson

Then why add "on topic" to the original header for the post if off topic conversation are ok

Integrity

Binge Poster
Then why add "on topic" to the original header for the post if off topic conversation are ok
turdferguson,

This is not reasonable.

You are now off topic.

If you want to further with this topic please create your own discussion thread and do what ever you want with the original header.

I also think the "on topic" adder was intended to help deal with some of the more troublesome and troubled posters on this site.

Sincerely,
I

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it all comes down to money. people will only do something to save money or to spend as little as possible.

it comes down to money. not ethics. not responsibility. no morals. no integrity.

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Rainman

Its all good.
There will never be any real safety concerns at U.P.S. addressed. The company operates on a liability free work place. They squash or hide any real safety concerns by its employees. If they officially address them, it adds liability and that is something there not interested in. The only liability they are interested in are lower insurance premiums. That is why they attempt to have us learn the 10 points and the commentary, etc.. They forward this information to their insurance companies to reduce premiums and cost. Case in point..., vehicles without lap belts, low back drivers seats and cabs with limited space for driver maneuverability. These are serious safety issues that the company will not address with immediate results. It is mentioned in the contract that old vehicles will be replaced with safer new equipment but even with that it will be years before all drivers will be in safe equipment. The bottom line, they will never really care about safety because it is less expensive to settle a lawsuit out of court by offering compensation to an employee or his or her family than it is to replace every unsafe drivers seat in their fleet.
UPS is self insured. They pay a set fee for Liberty Mutual to handle paperwork, but otherwise pay the exact cost for injuries/crashes by stroking a check to LM, who them pays whatever bills for costs incurred for the claims.
And they look at vehicle conditions on a dollar and cents basis. If it's cheaper to pay medical claims rather than replace equipment, that's what they do. They are in business to make a profit, not to act in our best interests. That's why we have to choose to work safely, as 10 Point said.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
it all comes down to money. people will only do something to save money or to spend as little as possible.

it comes down to money. not ethics. not responsibility. no morals. no integrity.

MONEY MONEY MONEY
The business term is liability, and you're right, that's all they care about.

10 point

In the beginning of many young driver's careers they tend to break rules to make the recap look good and think it will give themselves favor from their management team.

They are young, full of energy, and their joints are still strong.

Unfortunately, when they are injured either from repetitive out of range motion actions, running/jumping out of the truck w/o three pts of contact,etc or they finally wreck the truck they find out that the supes they thought were their friends will not only throw them under the bus but they'll also claim ignorance to the blantant unsafe actions of the very employees they allowed to cut corners to make their numbers shine.

We are expendable and counted as liabilities. Get that into your head before you become the next Superman.

It's fools gold.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
UPS is self insured. They pay a set fee for Liberty Mutual to handle paperwork, but otherwise pay the exact cost for injuries/crashes by stroking a check to LM, who them pays whatever bills for costs incurred for the claims.
And they look at vehicle conditions on a dollar and cents basis. If it's cheaper to pay medical claims rather than replace equipment, that's what they do. They are in business to make a profit, not to act in our best interests. That's why we have to choose to work safely, as 10 Point said.
I get all of that, as I have to assume does the poster you quoted.
Where I am insulted is the hypocrisy of the rhetoric spewed on the shop floor by frontline management.
What a bunch of crap.