lets take a vote

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Why? Having trouble moving on? Things change, people adjust, adapt and move on. If you don't like your new company, just move on. It's not like you've been there 20 years or anything.

Cementups

Box Monkey
and you're surely making more money with UPS instead of Overnite

if you'll notice all of your name calling has been deleted too.

filthpig

I believe we all provide valuable service to the company. The only people the company could do without are the supervisors.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm just glad that the UPS Freight drivers and their equipment are being held to higher appearance standards than they were when they were still Overnite. Now that they have the UPS brand attached to them some people associate them with the package drivers.

A

anonymous6

how many of yall really think that the ground drivers are more imortant and superior to freight drivers

I'm feeder for over 20 years and feel everyone at this co. is important. However, since pkg drivers have much more contact with our customers, they are somewhat more important .

impression wise.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Everyone that works for ups is important unless they work in the ie department than they are totally useless! I have done many jobs within ups and the package car drivers are the back bone of the operation! And when i move on to feeder i wont forget the package drivers as i have not forgotten the ptimers.

govols019

You smell that?
I honestly feel that alot of freight drivers have this feeling of inadequacy towards UPS delivery drivers. Everytime I try and spark up a conversation with a Freight driver I basically get cold-shouldered. I have had some start conversation with me only to turn into an arguement, (one sided on their part) about how they are not payed equally or more than delivery drivers. I just shrug and say, "I don't know what to tell you?"

Tell 'em what I tell 'em, I'll trade your 6 stops for my 160 any day of the week.

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
Most stops i have done in one day 4 and that was 14 hours worth of work. 14 Hours in a truck is no fun trust me. Will be back in delivery the first of the year to run my 160 everyday. It dosent matter to me what i do at ups. As long as i have a job to go to.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
the package car drivers are the back bone of the operation!
Wrong answer driver. One day if you become a feeder driver you will then see that the "backbone" of the company is the feeder operation. Feeders is a whole different world than the package car world that you know. We are a 24 hour operation that services the company(building to building) as well as the customers almost equally. Package car is not a 24 hour operation and its primary function is destination delivery service.

UPSNewbie

Wrong answer driver. One day if you become a feeder driver you will then see that the "backbone" of the company is the feeder operation. Feeders is a whole different world than the package car world that you know. We are a 24 hour operation that services the company(building to building) as well as the customers almost equally. Package car is not a 24 hour operation and its primary function is destination delivery service.

I don't really think that either one of them would be all to important without the other...:knockedout:

ih8tbrn

Banned
Obviously small sort is the most important. I can't even imagine the company having a chance to survive if those little packages weren't put into bags.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Everyone that touches the package from its point of pickup to its point of delivery is important. BUT........if you break it all down , the feeder operation has the most impact on the various operations that get the packages from pickup point to delivery point. Feeders delivers packages(minority but still has impact) , feeders picks up packages(vary building to building but my building is majority-also remember the company makes its money picking up packages NOT delivering them), feeders moves packages building to building 7 days a week round the clock(package car has very little or zero impact), feeders runs the yards moving trailers for the unload and load operations(package car has zero impact).

705red

Browncafe Steward
When you go into package they don't give you a pillow like they do in feeder! They order you smaller pants when you go into package car, and bigger ones when you go into feeder!

Package car motto, we do more by 1030 am than most do all day!
Feeder motto, hurry up to wait!

Almost anyone can drive from point a to point b, now times that by 150 times looking for package times a 150 times all while delivering your ndas, savers, keeping on time with your pick ups and on calls!

THE BACK BONE OF UPS IS PACKAGE CAR!