Liberal / Conservative

Sportello

You dismissed ImWaitingForTheDay's so called study, but take issue with a statement by oldngray?

You make no sense.

Which doesn't surprise me considering who you hang with.

And liberals are EXACTLY how I describe them.

If you have a problem with that, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Your side has problems seeing reality, and just seeing what you want to.
You checked all the boxes.

Nice job.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
You dismissed ImWaitingForTheDay's so called study, but take issue with a statement by oldngray?

You make no sense.

Which doesn't surprise me considering who you hang with.

And liberals are EXACTLY how I describe them.

If you have a problem with that, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Your side has problems seeing reality, and just seeing what you want to.
statement%2B-%2Bf%2Bor%2Bpof%2B-%2Bsince%2B2008.jpg

wkmac

When the Old Right opposed being the global policeman.

A pivotal debate in post-WWII America destroyed the nation's deep streak of isolationism; this is the foreign policy of nonintervention by one nation into the affairs of another.

On one side was the Old Right. They were a group of politicians and writers who coalesced in opposition to President Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal and entry into World War II (WWII). They advocated global free trade, nonintervention, personal freedom and limited government; they did so with rare passion and eloquence.

In his essay, "The Revolution Was," the libertarian Garet Garrett commented on how the revolutionary New Deal had destroyed the American structure of government which had protected freedom. "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs to freedom ... Those were the innocent disarmers. Their trust was in words."

After WWII, the Old Right became the strongest force resisting a foreign policy of anti-communism that became the heart of the Cold War. One reason: They thought a Cold War would lead to imperialism abroad and totalitarianism at home, because power would need to be centralized in the executive branch.

The other side of the debate consisted largely of anti-communist politicians and corporate liberals who clamored to establish a permanent network of military bases, economic interventions and alliances around the world. Corporate liberals are businessmen who are notorious for pushing through anti-free market measures in order to profit from them. They enter into an unofficial partnership with sympathetic politicians and together become a ruling elite.

The elite side won, and it did so definitively. Today's runaway foreign policy is rooted directly in their victory back in 1947. Much has been written about the Cold War but a novel way to glimpse its impact is to consider a concept that sounds odd to modern ears.

Continue at:
How America Became The World's Policeman

wkmac

It's ironic to me that both sides may use different words but they are essentially saying the same thing. The sad part is neither hears the other and thus loses a powerful ally in their struggles against the same problem that harms both!

Divide and conquer has always been a powerful and effective tool of tyrants because we continue too fall for it!