Little (or Big) Thank You's...

UPS Lifer

I had a driver complain about 1 package being out of sequence to his preloader. The next day his car was loaded stop for stop ..... only it was in reverse order!

The driver NEVER said a bad word again! It opened his eyes up and he and the preloader became best buds!

A good preloader make a driver's day - Don't be fooled! They really appreciate you!!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

My main thing is , having preloaded before and know the drivers do appreciate good loaders - usually because of volume restraints, most preloaders simply don't have time to mosey around and make perfect loads. I think drivers realize this and usually are considerate of the fact that a preloaders 4 hours are pretty miserable and loads won't be perfect all the time.

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
I had a driver complain about 1 package being out of sequence to his preloader. The next day his car was loaded stop for stop ..... only it was in reverse order!

The driver NEVER said a bad word again! It opened his eyes up and he and the preloader became best buds!

A good preloader make a driver's day - Don't be fooled! They really appreciate you!!

that is pure genius!!!!!!!

UPS Lifer

that is pure genius!!!!!!!

I find out from the driver... The preloader was so smooth there was no indication. He finished the same time and never got behind.

The driver didn't sleep well that night and came in early the next morning to apologize to the preloader.

Believe me that got around the center fast. There were not many misload cards for awhile!!!

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
I'm going to have to remember that for the next time one of the cover drivers piss me off. I would never do that to one of my regular drivers. Man that is fantastic

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Excellent!!

bellesotico

BOXstar

LOL..
I've had cover drivers that have been rude..not slightly rude..but just flagrantly obnoxious. I've thought about reversing the load..but its so much faster to flip the labels down :surprised:

Mike Hawk

I have heard stories of a pissed off preloader, used a pen and put a line through every barcode vertically so they couldn't be scanned. Even with FindBC that would be a major PITA.

Reverse order would be fun to try, perhaps on April first. It wouldn't be so bad for the driver, if it was stop for stop reverse.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I remember I came in one morning and my P600 was loaded completely backwards. My Preloader wasn't mad at me, its just that IE decided to change the route without telling me. Their way would not work, I had to reload it myself before I hit the road. We got the load changed back to the way it should be the next day, IE's way would have me missing businesses or breaking off trace all day.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

That is a preloader that knew how to load a truck very well. I couldn't do it without stopping and thinking. I would lose to much time. LOL

helenofcalifornia

When I was a preloader, I had THE most anal driver in the building. If I had tried that reverse load thing (which is pure genius!) he would still be in the building today complaining about it and how he couldn't do it. A good preloader is worth their weight in gold. Can make or break a drivers day. And if it's a bad load, that driver will be complaining ALL day long.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

... A good preloader is worth their weight in gold...

I am living this now as my preloader has gone driving and his replacement seems better suited to working the drive-thru at Mickey D's.

On that note, doing the little things during the year and then making sure to take care of your loader at Christmas go a long way to making your life so much easier.

bellesotico

BOXstar
I have heard stories of a pissed off preloader, used a pen and put a line through every barcode vertically so they couldn't be scanned. Even with FindBC that would be a major PITA.

Reverse order would be fun to try, perhaps on April first. It wouldn't be so bad for the driver, if it was stop for stop reverse.

I've heard about that too. That would be a huge pain!!!!

That one misload could have well created a service failure that is charged against the driver to no fault of his own. We are supposed to add comments to the diad when a misload creates service failures and/or having to go back to a stop.The reverse load sounds kinda funny, but that is not the trade mark of a individual that values his/her standing as a good loader. If a loader did that to me I would deliver as loaded and let the chips fall as they may.

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
Come on no driver delivers as stop for stop as it is in their truck. I am sure you guys have to bounce around in the truck because of EDD/Pas

Come on no driver delivers as stop for stop as it is in their truck. I am sure you guys have to bounce around in the truck because of EDD/Pas
That's not the point at all. If you decide to screw me because I wrote up a misload, then you better grease up.

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
Oh come on you telling me your going to try to screw this preloader over because of one misloaded package. Can we please remember what they expect of these loaders in the morning. For some one to have an occasional misload. You can't get pissed about that or flip out. it was just a mistake. Now if they had 10 in one day like someone from my center then, yes i could understand. But one, come on.

bellesotico

BOXstar
That's not the point at all. If you decide to screw me because I wrote up a misload, then you better grease up.

I would hope that you wouldnt get "punished" because you wrote up a misload. Thats just silly.
I think that when drivers come in and rail you just because they can..then that driver risks the chance of getting poor loads.
It's not about them vs. us and it shouldn't be. I think all anyone wants is just mutual respect. :happy2:

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
I would hope that you wouldnt get "punished" because you wrote up a misload. Thats just silly.
I think that when drivers come in and rail you just because they can..then that driver risks the chance of getting poor loads.
It's not about them vs. us and it shouldn't be. I think all anyone wants is just mutual respect. :happy2:

exactly.