Local 251

You know me...
The rumor mill is alive and well I see...tell me more! I want to hear all of the facts that you heard out there in cowbang Ohio from a guy that knew a guy who had a room mate that was an alternate steward in a barn in Rhode island that one time. Because clearly, you guys know exactly what is going on in Local 251. Wait, let me get my popcorn first...

image.jpg
Teamsters & anyone in a union or anyone who still wants a middle class. It's now. Call your rep and say no fast track

You know me...
Yes. Dues went up. The entire local pays 3 times their hourly rate per month per the IBT constitution. The entire local except for RIH members hired before the decent petition that went around RIH in the early 2000's. They had a "Dues freeze" implemented on them as a bribe so they wouldn't decert. The new guys realized this wasn't fair, or in compliance with the IBT Constitution, so they fixed it.

That is the difference with these guys. They do the right thing, and make the hard decisions. Even if it is unpopular or might hurt their image. Which is why the entire argument about the UPS rally being all about "saving face" is a load of bull. These guys don't make decisions based on how it will affect their image. They make them based on what is right.

M

Mike hunt

Yes. Dues went up. The entire local pays 3 times their hourly rate per month per the IBT constitution. The entire local except for RIH members hired before the decent petition that went around RIH in the early 2000's. They had a "Dues freeze" implemented on them as a bribe so they wouldn't decert. The new guys realized this wasn't fair, or in compliance with the IBT Constitution, so they fixed it.

That is the difference with these guys. They do the right thing, and make the hard decisions. Even if it is unpopular or might hurt their image. Which is why the entire argument about the UPS rally being all about "saving face" is a load of bull. These guys don't make decisions based on how it will affect their image. They make them based on what is right.
So how are the members taking this?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

A few holes in this comment. 1) Who made that deal? 2) Your understanding of the constitution is incorrect. 3) Your comment about the UPS Rally is way beyond your understanding.

smells like godzilla

Apparently the guy who was S/T for the 7 years prior to the current leadership had something to do with the hospital dues issue. The former R/S was talking about how the International audited the Local from the previous leadership and ordered the new guys to fix the problem.
251 has dues 3 times the hourly rate. The IBT constitution is 2.5 times as a mimimum. If the E board doesn't fix the issue according to these documents, then there are bigger problems.
Especially since a certain International officer threatened to punish this leadership for daring to run for office.
They didn't get the memo that elections are bad.

smells like godzilla

Oh, and the former S/T was President from 1996-2006, and former BA for RI hospital was BA 1996-2006 & President 2006-2013. Seems like these guys knew something or should've known. Certainly could've fixed the issue.

Takeback251

Funny how 7 of the 10 members of the current administration enjoyed the discounted dues as employees of RIH and never complained it "wasn't fair". Never inquired as to why they were being allowed to pay less. Suddenly now that they're in office they feel everyone should be up to par.

804brown

Funny how 7 of the 10 members of the current administration enjoyed the discounted dues as employees of RIH and never complained it "wasn't fair". Never inquired as to why they were being allowed to pay less. Suddenly now that they're in office they feel everyone should be up to par.
But it does seem now that they are in power they are doing the right thing.