Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

747fixer

So your not denying the anti Robin Hood like antics? Go do what you're good at, running with your tail between your legs. Oh and don't forget to pay your union dues, those big bad national guys car payments are due at the end of the month...

You know it seems you like to bad mouth union guys about them paying dues....well as I see it you donate your hard earned money to some pretty crooked organizations as well....Oh lets seeeeee the famous Metro United Way is a good one!! I understand they do alot of good for the community but I do remember a few years ago when the chairman seemed to be padding his pockets rather well...basically "STEALING YOUR MONEY"! Oh and let me thing of another "Cause" you donate to. You remember when your Boss took you to lunch or dinner and paid for everything when suddenly we wipps out an envelope and says something about this is a donation form for the hard working people in Washington that will lobby for the Company and screw all the working people that make UPS what it is today. Do you remember all of that or do you need me to use the famous UPS statement "It would be within your best intrest to donate".
To me this is harassment at its best. You were forced into something that maybe you did not want to do. Oh and by the way the guy Lobbying for your best interest said thanks for paying for his boat slip for 2010!!
As far as the strike goes...The Brown knows they are playing with fire...I hope they can deal with the heat in the kitchen cause its about to get hot hot hot!!! I will stand tall with my fellow brothers and sisters to get what we deserve!!!
Let me ask you one question, within your work group how many people agree with you about what is going on within the airline? Think about it....some...maybe none...WELL I HAVE 90% OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT SAY THEY AGREE WITH ME....STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!!
....What will you do when "D" Day comes!!!...Socks

47fixer out!!!!!!!

mrv

oh no, please don't bring national into the picture..... National is no different then you, except for the fact they live in nicer homes and drive nicer cars thanks to your union dues.... Hopefully they help you because you make their car payment for them. National is like a bad Robin Hood they rob from the poor and keep it.

Hey Upssocks how many years has UPS been robbing you? United way, Upspac,no 401k, no raises, less vacations. All those years of dedicated service, long hours and all you get is kick to the street. The partnership really worked out great!

Oh I forgot one last thing....no more Turkeys!!!!

Fur-low

I just heard from a laid off UAL mechanic (27 yrs.), that their contract was up in Dec. & Hoffa is already meeting with UAL. Maybe because the IAM is trying to get back in. We are 3+ years with no help from National. How many more votes are we going take? Maybe they're going to get their Holiday Turkeys back.

geneva54

Personally I think we should vote on the proposed contract like we did last time and it will probably get voted down. Then just go back to negotiating and in the meantime we will hold on to what we have which isnt that bad.

The stirke will get us nowhere.............company or union.

The drivers did it and got nothing......in fact they ended up getting less than what they when on strike for. Part of the problem was that the negotiations turned into a personal conflict between Ron Carey and the company. Im concerned that this is what is happening now.

So what is happening now? Are we keeping this all business or are we letting emotions and anger take over? Use some common sense....

Fur-low

That's just it. It will get voted down. WJ stated that was the final offer. What will be negotiated? The problem with holding on to the conditions of the contract is, the company will continue to lay off in effort to force the final proposal. The only thing that will stop this is if the FAA fianally steps in & puts a stop to the diminishing of machanics. I don't think the FAA wants to re-live another Value Jet situation. I'm sure UPS would if they could, contract all mx. out. They'er on their way now.

Nobody wants a strike... Negotiations have broken down... final proposal will not be accepted .... Now what?

geneva54

Our last 1st contract proposal the company told us it was the best and final offer too...........we voted it down. SO they negotiated more til we got this contract.
There is always room for negotiations. If we vote it down the company will realize they are going to have to come up with something else.

Fur-low

I posted earlier this week when the wj final came out, why not put it to a vote? The company can't say the union didn't pass it on to the members. To negotiate the company has to stay in the meetings.
From the hot line today, Combine said no to the propsal. It doesn't sound like it's going to a vote. No word of more negotiations. Yes to the phone vote. Yes we also have free Circus tickets.

airbusfxr

Fact is the "last and final" fell through. I really want to thank the E-Board for shutting it down, even the 10% of the yes men that have a 30k retro are mad now. Combine's last two hotlines has the bosses upset because they know we will not take a contract that does not reward up for 5 years of providing a valuable service commitment. The bosses were told to "go fish", and most came back with a big NO. We must continue to stick together and we will get a contract, right now we have free health care, 401k match, and a retro clock running.

Obi-Wan

One more thing.. You think you deserve something? I don't think your worth a penny. I think your a piece of garbage, that wouldn't know a good job if you had it(which you do). AND as a matter of fact I could fill your job with better, more qualified people for half your pay. At the end of all this you will kneel at the feet of management and beg for forgiveness, days off, etc....... You don't deserve anything. You have a job, a pretty decent job. Take it or leave it.. Always remember you need UPS more than they need you..

It is a good job, but the fact of the matter is that 150 people are laid off. Not everyone is enjoying the $43/hr. Once again,there is a 5 year top out, starting out at $21/hr. Most of those people that are not topped out are laid off now! Part-time mechanics are getting the shaft also that do the same quality of work for half the pay, basically $10.50/hr. Can you expect a part-time mechanic to stick around if they have to pay for health insurance? The company will be shooting themselves in the foot when they can’t hire any part-timers.

If you count up all the hours you have worked over the last 3.2 years that we have been without a contract and figure in overtime, the bonus checks the company is offering is a far cry from what a 100% RETRO check would look like. Add up your loses and then decide how good that final offer really was. Why reward the company for dragging out the contract for over 3 years by taking a bonus check? I want my well deserved 100% retro check!!! The company is making $$$, if they were in the red, then a concessionary contract would be in order, until then, show me the money!

Fur-low

Well put Obi-wan. There's been alot of focus on the health, which is very important, but the reto has a great deal of money that's DUE!! What company has anyone worked for that did not pay retro?? This a given that should not be an issue in the final (4) items.

There are people on here that belive the company views us as garbage, this is true. The company views their own sup's. & managers as expendable garbage. Just ask them... The good ones are gone or going. What does that say?

I say.... stay strong & THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT FROM ALL TEAMSTERS & IPA MEMBERS.

Fur-low

I've heard this some where before;

"No one does Union Work Better than a Part Time Supervisor"

Has anyone filed a grievance??

The only P/T Sups I know are either treated like crap (used as full time @ P/T pay) or are crap.
I mean this out of respect to the good ones!! They have their own battle to fight.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Here, I post this only because it's a great song and it seems to be about airplanes

[video=youtube;ONkiLR5Ehys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONkiLR5Ehys[/video]

UPSSOCKS

It's Monday is everyone ready for another week of idle threats from the members of 2727??? Everyone that's not laid off get back to work!!!

eieieio

It's Monday is everyone ready for another week of idle threats from the members of 2727??? Everyone that's not laid off get back to work!!!

It is people like you that make this company a real wonderful place to work. I do hope you are one of the 1,800 supervisors that will be effected by layoffs next month. Welcome to our world. Now get back to work yourself Mr. Brownblood.

Obi-Wan

UPSOCKS, you need to change your name to UPSTOCKS, because once they announced the 1800 management layoffs, the stock went up.

UPSSOCKS

It is people like you that make this company a real wonderful place to work. I do hope you are one of the 1,800 supervisors that will be effected by layoffs next month. Welcome to our world. Now get back to work yourself Mr. Brownblood.

I wish I was one of the 1,800 too. See I know you are slow but let's be clear. These management people are not getting laid off, they are getting a buyout. The buyout is probably ten times your yearly pay, and if you are part time it is probably more than you will make in your entire career. The people that are getting laid off are non-union or no management. Clerks... I am glad you are celebrating the fact that my 41 year old clerk, who is a single mom with three mouths to feed is getting laid off..

UPSSOCKS

UPSOCKS, you need to change your name to UPSTOCKS, because once they announced the 1800 management layoffs, the stock went up.

That's usually the case. The company is being traded higher with anticipation of more profits after we cut the fat out of the company.

mrv

I wish I was one of the 1,800 too. See I know you are slow but let's be clear. These management people are not getting laid off, they are getting a buyout. The buyout is probably ten times your yearly pay, and if you are part time it is probably more than you will make in your entire career. The people that are getting laid off are non-union or no management. Clerks... I am glad you are celebrating the fact that my 41 year old clerk, who is a single mom with three mouths to feed is getting laid off..

UPSSOCKS most of us "slow" mechanics make 90k a year without a minute of overtime, 401k match, free insurance, and a great pension. The funny thing about that is its still not enough! Your going to have to step up and pay us more!!

Status
Not open for further replies.