Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrv

UPS's "Final offer" is posted on UPSers.com. Most guys will be going backwards without full retro.

UPSSOCKS

You show little knowledge about the way UPS works. The only way I could thank you about anything is for you to improve your people skills with other members of this discussion board. Calling people "scum" and telling them to "shut up", including another moderator, do not impress me in any way. You are on thin ice as far as I am concerned. You should try joining Teamsternet and troll over there, your brillance will be appreciated more.

I get it, your jealous of me.. PT supervision is a good start, I will help you in any way I can......

Obi-Wan

Does anyone remember what happened to Northwest Airlines when these same heated and sometimes misguided discussions happened? Let me refresh your memory they are history!

NWA mechanics failed, because they went with the AMFA union and left the ramp to fend for themselves, that in turn ticked off the ramp which was still under the IAM. Not only did the mechanics have scabs that crossed the line, but the ramp and pilots didn't honor the picket line. Here at UPS, we have both the Pilots and Ground Ops that will honor the picket line.

Might I add that Richard Anderson, the CEO at Delta was once the CEO at NWA, it was in his plan all along to merge the airline into one. Soon those scabs will be looking for another job once they get laid off. Too bad that crossing the picket line follows you for life! It's a small world in the aviation business.

UPSSOCKS

Final proposal is on upsers.com. There is no job security at all, just more work farmed out to China.

Do you really think you deserve job security? As soon as you leave we will replace you with someone more qualified, cheaper, and better at the job.. Did I mention younger too?

Obi-Wan

Final proposal is on upsers.com. There is no job security at all, just more work farmed out to China.

It's been over 3 years now and the company comes back with a $1.29/hr raise for Full-timers and $.63/hr for Part-timers? The bonus is a joke too!

Last edited:

UPSSOCKS

It's been over 3 years now and the company comes back with a $1.29/hr raise for Full-timers and $.63/hr for Part-timers? The bonus is a joke too!

Quit already so we can get some better help in here... What are you paying union dues for again? That 1.29 won't even cover your dues that get you NOTHING!!!!!!!!! Well we know for sure they don't get you the contract you wanted...

Obi-Wan

Quit already so we can get some better help in here... What are you paying union dues for again? That 1.29 won't even cover your dues that get you NOTHING!!!!!!!!! Well we know for sure they don't get you the contract you wanted...

My talent goes beyond what you can comprehend.

I feel bad when people get laid off, but you are one person I will be glad to see walked out the door in April. I finally agree with UPS in their decision to remove you from the books. You give a bad image to all UPS supervision with your lack of professionalism.

airbusfxr

After reading the "last and final" I agree with the E-Board, lets strike. We are all going out in 2013 with the Drivers get their reductions, so we just as well lead the way. I admit, The W$%&* is a brave person putting this out for everyone to see, it has pissed off every worker that works under this agreement. How can he bring a concessionary contract to us while UPS is making money? What did he have to gain by bypassing the RLA and showing us this bunch of crap? I was talking to a guy in a gateway where OT is heavy, he normally would accept anything, BUT he is expecting a 80k retro for all his hours worked and even he cursed the W#%#*. I have talked to line pilots and they are amazed that we did not get the 4% a year they got, heck we got 0% for 2006, 07, 08, 09. Lets look at 2010 we get 3% and 18 months later another 3% which is 2% for the 3 years. What kind of math is this? Health care 162 a month going up 12 bucks a year, then how much? Our raises would not cover the HC. Everyone is upset at this "slap in the face" but we must let each sup, mgr, div mgr know that we will continue with the 90% strike vote. On top of that we can wait till Oct and let Jack and Joe deal with Leikites and Ragar, they squeezed them in 2001 so let them deal with those guys.

mrv

Putting the money issues aside, what have these guys been doing for 4 years? Four years in negotiations and we get to wear T-shirts under our vests? Scope with no job protection and loop holes big enough to run a truck thru them? These are articles our E-board has signed off on! This whole process was a waste of time! Time to strike or bring in some people that can negotiate a fair contract. For the last time please take the training wheels off!

UPSSOCKS

After reading the "last and final" I agree with the E-Board, lets strike. We are all going out in 2013 with the Drivers get their reductions, so we just as well lead the way. I admit, The W$%&*@ is a brave person putting this out for everyone to see, it has pissed off every worker that works under this agreement. How can he bring a concessionary contract to us while UPS is making money? What did he have to gain by bypassing the RLA and showing us this bunch of crap? I was talking to a guy in a gateway where OT is heavy, he normally would accept anything, BUT he is expecting a 80k retro for all his hours worked and even he cursed the W#%#*. I have talked to line pilots and they are amazed that we did not get the 4% a year they got, heck we got 0% for 2006, 07, 08, 09. Lets look at 2010 we get 3% and 18 months later another 3% which is 2% for the 3 years. What kind of math is this? Health care 162 a month going up 12 bucks a year, then how much? Our raises would not cover the HC. Everyone is upset at this "slap in the face" but we must let each sup, mgr, div mgr know that we will continue with the 90% strike vote. On top of that we can wait till Oct and let Jack and Joe deal with Leikites and Ragar, they squeezed them in 2001 so let them deal with those guys.

hahahahaha I love it...... More IDLE threats....... The drivers won't strike they will get what they want

UPSSOCKS

My talent goes beyond what you can comprehend.

I feel bad when people get laid off, but you are one person I will be glad to see walked out the door in April. I finally agree with UPS in their decision to remove you from the books. You give a bad image to all UPS supervision with your lack of professionalism.

I am not old enough for the buyout. Remember no one actually is getting laid off, they are getting bought out.... I will pray that I will be eligible for the next one.... Your right, I bet you are very talented..... I don't know what UPS will do without you...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not old enough for the buyout. Remember no one actually is getting laid off, they are getting bought out.... I will pray that I will be eligible for the next one.... Your right, I bet you are very talented..... I don't know what UPS will do without you...

That is what I used to think but, according to Wikipedia, the definition of the word layoff has been changed to include those who lose their jobs through buyouts.

Layoff is the temporary suspension or permanent termination of employment of an employee or (more commonly) a group of employees for business reasons, such as the decision that certain positions are no longer necessary or a business slow-down or interruption in work. Originally the term "layoff" referred exclusively to a temporary interruption in work, as when factory work cyclically falls off. However, in recent times the term can also refer to the permanent elimination of a position.

D

Dis-organized Labor

That is what I used to think but, according to Wikipedia, the definition of the word layoff has been changed to include those who lose their jobs through buyouts.

Layoff is the temporary suspension or permanent termination of employment of an employee or (more commonly) a group of employees for business reasons, such as the decision that certain positions are no longer necessary or a business slow-down or interruption in work. Originally the term "layoff" referred exclusively to a temporary interruption in work, as when factory work cyclically falls off. However, in recent times the term can also refer to the permanent elimination of a position.

Please don't taint this thread with actual factual information. It is causing my company computer to lock up as once on this thread, the BS meter pegs and stays there. I don't think this thread can handle information that can actually be backed up to some reliable source.

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
Mr DOL you continue to act like a moral compass, yet you attack at every opportunity. Your mis-information and lack of tact has greatly contributed to the BS meter on this thread. Now is the time we all "Calm Down". Hatred does not cease hatred, but only by love.

poiuy

If there is a lock out can the pilots and district leaglly walk out in support? If they cant or dont, and a lock out happens then this thing is done and the compay can start fresh.

airbusfxr

It will be the same as '97, all union members that are not on strike are locked out. No IBT member can cross anothers line. IPA supports all unions. AOTs, admins, and non union people will be required to work, if anyone even uses the UPS service. In the last strike there was not very much volume moved and what few airplanes that flew were mostly empty. If I remember UPS had a few medical contracts, like Medco, and they concentrated on those. The rest of the cutomers used USPS and FDX. Like the Reuters article in Oct stated, "UPS could double the mechanics pay and never miss one penny" and "JCPenney has other options". Dont wory AEIOU and sometimes y, UPS has the backup offer already printed up and after this phone survey, they will have to pull it out, or let us strike, or wait on Jack and Joe in Oct. Another day of Retro Pay.

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
If there is a lock out can the pilots and district leaglly walk out in support? If they cant or dont, and a lock out happens then this thing is done and the compay can start fresh.

A strike or lockout would be very, very ,very bad. The final offer should be put up for a vote. Let the membership of 2727 decide with their hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.