Local 2727 update

oreana123

Airbusfxr- I quoted a previous post by upssox. I got nothing but respect for you.

The idea that a couple of days in a school gives a supervisor enough experience to even voice an opinion is a big joke. Such a statement really shows how ignorant a person can be. It also shows what is really wrong with the way Upsco tries to run an airline. As if an AMT did not have enough responsibilities, dealing with no-nothing supervisors creates a hostile environment, wastes time, and creates a group of people who mistakenly feel that they are "calling the shots". Let's take the dude who keeps saying, "work as your ordered". He thinks the maintenance business model is just like being good Germans. It also shows his ignorance of the situation. There is no person to tell me what to do, except the voices in my head. Ha.

I am new to the "BC" and have been browsing the threads and saw this post of "Combine winning another term". I read no reaction to this post so am I to assume the folks here are ok with that. Am I to assume you feel he is the most qualified, most skilled person to bring us back a contract soon? I realize the election is over but you may or may not know that the election process is under review by the joint council for numerous reasons. If you are not ok with it,and we get a re-vote,what do we do to bettter inform the union members to make the right choice for union president?

Obi-Wan

I am new to the "BC" and have been browsing the threads and saw this post of "Combine winning another term". I read no reaction to this post so am I to assume the folks here are ok with that. Am I to assume you feel he is the most qualified, most skilled person to bring us back a contract soon? I realize the election is over but you may or may not know that the election process is under review by the joint council for numerous reasons. If you are not ok with it,and we get a re-vote,what do we do to bettter inform the union members to make the right choice for union president?

I was quite surprised at the outcome of the election. The tractor (Combine) should not have been re-elected. Not sure why he was given a 2nd chance? It's obvious his negotiating skills are lacking. At this point, the members want a contract as soon as possible without having to wait for a new president to get situated.

The PMC checks can go back over seas as long as every laid off mechanic can come back to work. Nothing but 100% retro will be expected. Healthcare is expected to remain the same.

We have gone longer without a contract than what the original contract length was itself. Pretty sad UPS!

Fur-low

Please.... It's about time the 47 Heavy Ck's come back west!!!

"Each bay would feature a computer-operated laser-guided docking system capable of moving scaffoldings and work stations within one centimeter of the aircraft within 30 minutes of arrival"

Remember the state of the art "computer-operated laser-guided" de-ice station that took out a few vertical stabs? .... Work is work, what ever the reason.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Each bay would feature a computer-operated laser-guided docking system capable of moving scaffoldings and work stations within one centimeter of the aircraft within 30 minutes of arrival"

Remember the state of the art "computer-operated laser-guided" de-ice station that took out a few vertical stabs? .... Work is work, what ever the reason.

Financing will be secured by March 1st and they will break ground by summer. This is a major coup for this area.

Fur-low

Edwards said the company has talked with all major airlines in North America and has had significant interest from almost all of them.

Is this a "Build it & they will come" project? Are there any contracts in the works? I'm so sick of US airlines sending the work over seas. I wish the best for PLATTSBURGH & Laurentian Aerospace Corp.

Lets bring the MX back home!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Edwards said the company has talked with all major airlines in North America and has had significant interest from almost all of them.

Is this a "Build it & they will come" project? Are there any contracts in the works? I'm so sick of US airlines sending the work over seas. I wish the best for PLATTSBURGH & Laurentian Aerospace Corp.

Lets bring the MX back home!

Yes, it is a "build it and they will come" project. Laurentian is not allowed to sign any contracts until the facility is finished. Word is that both UPS and FedEx have expressed interest.

It is being built on the former Plattsburgh Air Force Base, which has a two mile long runway and was an alternate landing site for the space shuttle. There is a growing international airport there and adding Laurentian will be huge.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yes, it is a "build it and they will come" project. Laurentian is not allowed to sign any contracts until the facility is finished. Word is that both UPS and FedEx have expressed interest.

It is being built on the former Plattsburgh Air Force Base, which has a two mile long runway and was an alternate landing site for the space shuttle. There is a growing international airport there and adding Laurentian will be huge.
That's great Dave. It will certainly be a huge boost for the local economy. :happy2:

the 2010 Election results have been protested and there will be a hearing 12 Feb. It appears over 200+ votes never made it from the post office to be counted. Apparently the election service contracted by the union did not pay enough to the Post office to handle all the ballots that would be recieved. With the printing issue with the ballots and now this. I can only hope we get a re-vote.

worldwide

the 2010 Election results have been protested and there will be a hearing 12 Feb. It appears over 200+ votes never made it from the post office to be counted. Apparently the election service contracted by the union did not pay enough to the Post office to handle all the ballots that would be recieved. With the printing issue with the ballots and now this. I can only hope we get a re-vote.

Nice. They don't even support their union brothers in the Teamsters and use a competitor to UPS. The guys in the air network have a great next day service---the union should use it some time.

UPSSOCKS

Nice. They don't even support their union brothers in the Teamsters and use a competitor to UPS. The guys in the air network have a great next day service---the union should use it some time.

The higher up teamsters know they can't count on the people they steal union dues from.

For a teamster official to ship UPS would be like robbing a mans house and asking him to drive the get away car.

fr8dog

What a POS. I remember watching it one night and it crapped out half way down an 8. Captain had to taxi straight till he cleared it but cut it a little too early. Holes in the rudder and nozzels straying fluid like a bunch of garden hoses. But it allways seemed to work when they would practice on those little white supervisor cars in summer.

UPSSOCKS

Let's clear up one thing. Because of the airline's greediness the ground employees will suffer. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.