Local 2727 update

Why would we want Darmento in after we voted him out last time? From what I have seen so far, Bob has stood his ground on retro and health care. Let's wait and see what the contract entails before "jumping on the Money Train"!
show me a contract that Darmento has not brought back money through out it?? IE wages, pension, vacation,etc. as well as full retro checks in 1996 and 2001. Nothing leads me to believe he can't to it again. I am sorry but Combine has crapped out. I say roll the dice with Darmento,we have nothing to lose. And we really don't know if he was not voted back in this time because of the ballot count that is in question. And after seeing the 4th qtr. and projections for 2011 I want on that money train as well.

airbusfxr

Bill Furcheck always said vote the first one down. There is another already printed with 3 dollars more at the end. These SDFers would rather take less than have Joe get us on the money train. I do not understand why these guys would cut off their nose in spite of their face. Bob is a nice guy, too nice for our own good. In closing, are all displaced workers getting their jobs back? If not why would any brother or sister vote yes?

Fur-low

I am not sure I can let myself agree to any form outsourcing at all. I don't know if I want that door cracked cause the company will kicked that door wide open.

The outsourcing began back when the company started flying into China. Your right..but the company has been kicking at that door along.

The outsourcing began back when the company started flying into China. Your right..but the company has been kicking at that door along.
you are so right as well but as you know the current contract language has stood up in arbitration cases as well as company appeals in the courts. I am not sure it has fully stopped the companies practice of getting work done overseas but we have language right now to at least check them on it. If we give that language away and we agree in any shape or form of outsourcing they might as well send a "resume maker" DVD with the T/A when we vote. I won't have the seniority to be around when we start losing jobs. With the Companies release of the 4th qtr. earnings and projections for the future coupled with us taking delivery of (1) 747 and (2) 767 in April 2011, (2) 767 in June 2011 as well as (1) 767 in July 2011.Plus 15 or so 767 being delivered in the near future. I see more work coming down the line and ultimately our laid off members back to work .So why do we want to give this work away. Please guys read the scope of this T/A thoroughly. Leave the money articles alone until you can agree with the scope because it will not matter how much money is in Article 36,you can't collect it if you are laid off. Until someone here can convince me the language in Article 1 is in the best interest for myself, family and my union brothers/sisters I am rejecting this T/A with a NO vote.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Bill Furcheck always said vote the first one down. There is another already printed with 3 dollars more at the end. These SDFers would rather take less than have Joe get us on the money train. I do not understand why these guys would cut off their nose in spite of their face. Bob is a nice guy, too nice for our own good. In closing, are all displaced workers getting their jobs back? If not why would any brother or sister vote yes?

Not all displaced workers are coming back, it's a "NO" vote! Bob only cares about himself. The new Mechanic starting with the company is going to make 26 cents more an hour than a mechanic did in 2001, something is wrong here! It's time to all start sticking together! Why is Bob allowing any work to be farmed out if there are guys still out on the street?

luvubas

This contract will pass,there is not 50 plus percent of the people that are that stupid to vote no.Bob did the best that he could,and Joe would not have done any better.Your job protection is the 4 to 1 aircraft to mechanic ratio.Not everyone will come back,this is the nature of the beast in aviation and anyone who has been in this business for a while knows this,stand on your seniority.The mechanics at the top and those in the other groups,FST,LST,ect.will vote this in and they should.We got everything we wanted and more.Some of the people affected by this if you gave them $60 and hour they would want $61,it just doesn't make any since.People need to look at what they have and not what they don't have.I know that I am getting a bump in pay and retro and still not paying for healthcare!!WHAT.

Obi-Wan

This contract will pass,there is not 50 plus percent of the people that are that stupid to vote no.Bob did the best that he could,and Joe would not have done any better.Your job protection is the 4 to 1 aircraft to mechanic ratio.Not everyone will come back,this is the nature of the beast in aviation and anyone who has been in this business for a while knows this,stand on your seniority.The mechanics at the top and those in the other groups,FST,LST,ect.will vote this in and they should.We got everything we wanted and more.Some of the people affected by this if you gave them $60 and hour they would want $61,it just doesn't make any since.People need to look at what they have and not what they don't have.I know that I am getting a bump in pay and retro and still not paying for healthcare!!WHAT.

You are a perfect example of my point. You only worry about yourself instead of the entire group as a whole. Yes the top out pay is good, but if the jobs are farmed out, who is still going to be working? The contract language is just as important as the pay and healthcare! Bob is concerned with the top not the bottom, it's evident!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You are a perfect example of my point. You only worry about yourself instead of the entire group as a whole. Yes the top out pay is good, but if the jobs are farmed out, who is still going to be working? The contract language is just as important as the pay and healthcare! Bob is concerned with the top not the bottom, it's evident!

So when Joe was in charge, what work did he keep and not farm out? Did we lose any work? Did Joe bring new work in house?

geneva54

So when Joe was in charge, what work did he keep and not farm out? Did we lose any work? Did Joe bring new work in house?

There is wording in the contract about this but the company did it anyway.
We even won a court case against the company on this............but they still continued to do the same thing. Im not sure what wording would stop them.

luvubas

Again,your job protection is the 4 to 1 ratio.Local 2727 members voting this contract down does not mean all laid off members come back,you can't be that stupid!

luvubas

Obi-wan must be verylow seniority ,if your seniority is within that 4 to1 ratio then you don't have to worry,my concern is my family and my family could benefit from my retro and I am safe with the ratio of 4 to 1. I am making a decision that's best for me and my family,I have friends that are laid off and not a single mechanic that is still on the payroll has called him to offer any finical support of any kind,everyones decision should be based on what's best for them and there family not local 2727 members,local 2727 members are not my family, my family is my family !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Until the 4 to 1 ratio changes then there is not much that can be done. It seems that the International and Capt Bourne are running the show. The statement by the International blew more smoke than Warren's statement. I think Bob and the Local did a great job and did what the membership asked...full retro and not pay for healthcare.

Has anyone looked at the current amount of acft we have and applied the 4 to 1 ratio? The only hope for bringing back our members is more acft and senior members retiring. Remember that we have a large amount of members out on disability and lots of temps filling those positions...what if they start to come back from disability?

luvubas

This is exactly right,Bob did just what we asked him to do,retro,raises and no healthcare increase or payment,but now all of the Pro Joe supporters still have issues,the union politics need to stop.If Joe was so great he would have never been voted out,give Bob the credit and respect that he deserves.In life you will never please 100 percent of the people and givin the current economic environment Bob did a great job and those with common sense will approve this contract and if you do the math the 4 to 1 ratio is maintained.Bob is not the problem and Joe is not the answer! It is what it is.UPS is not in the business of employing mechanics they are in the package delivery business, the mechanics that they employ are necessary for that business,and I am one of those mechanics.

geneva54

Speaking of retro............am I reading the tenative agreement the right way...........the retro will be paid at the straight time rate only? Even overtime?

The reason I am asking is because they crossed out "these hours will be paid at straight time or the applicable overtime rate" The new wording makes no mention of what the overtime rate will be paid at.

mrv

Just ask youself a simple question. What did we gain in this new contract?

Free health care? We already have it!

Full retro? Thats our money we earned!

4 to 1 ratio? We already have it!

What have we lost? SCOPE! Outsoursing our work!

Not to mention the 150 mechs on the street that get the shaft. All we got was a buck a year while giving up jobs and work.

luvubas

We had mechanics laid off because of the economy and the loss of the dc8's,I will repeat this again based on the ratio the mechanics numbers are actually over,seniority is everything one can only hope that he has enough to keep his or her job.All anyone has to do is as there self if they owned this company and they had to layoff 150 people because of the economy and other factors ,would you bring those 150 people back just because!! UPS is running a business not a charity,it's sad for those that are laid off,there isn't very many AMT's that have not been laid off.We are very blessed to have the jobs that we have and considering the state of the economy and the world we should all be happy.If any of you are unhappy then leave UPS and your position,most of you would probally never work aviation again,I don't see anyone leaving.Bob held to his guns and presented to us exactly what this 2727 membership wanted MRV you are a perfect example of someone who would have something negative to say if Bob would have got us $60 an hour ,you would want $61.We AMT's at UPS have industry leading everything and we don't pay for healthcare.I have been an AMT for many years and at the end of this contract we will be making $50.13,so what's the real problem MRV.No other AMT's make that.Just because UPS made billions of $ doesn't mean that AMT's should make a billion ,be realistic.This was a descent contract,could it have been better,YES but it also could have been worse.Be thankful for what you have instead of looking at what you don't have,I an sure any AMT that is laid off would love to have it and so would the AMT's at other airlines and FEDEX.

mrv

Quit acting like your a mechanic. Your management propaganda and spin on our contact means nothing. This is for the membership to decide.

mrv

This contract will pass,there is not 50 plus percent of the people that are that stupid to vote no.Your job protection is the 4 to 1 aircraft to mechanic ratio.Not everyone will come back,this is the nature of the beast in aviation and anyone who has been in this business for a while knows this,stand on your seniority.The mechanics at the top and those in the other groups,FST,LST,ect.will vote this in and they should.We got everything we wanted and more.Some of the people affected by this if you gave them $60 and hour they would want $61,it just doesn't make any since.People need to look at what they have and not what they don't have.I know that I am getting a bump in pay and retro and still not paying for healthcare!!WHAT.

Again,your job protection is the 4 to 1 ratio.Local 2727 members voting this contract down does not mean all laid off members come back,you can't be that stupid!

I am making a decision that's best for me and my family,everyones decision should be based on what's best for them and there family not local 2727 members,local 2727 members are not my family, my family is my family !

It is what it is.UPS is not in the business of employing mechanics they are in the package delivery business, the mechanics that they employ are necessary for that business,and I am one of those mechanics.

UPS is running a business not a charity.We are very blessed to have the jobs .If any of you are unhappy then leave UPS and your position,most of you would probally never work aviation again,I don't see anyone We AMT's at UPS have industry leading everything and we don't pay for healthcare.I have been an AMT for many years and at the end of this contract we will be making $50.13,so what's the real problem MRV.No other AMT's make that.Just because UPS made billions of $ doesn't mean that AMT's should make a billion.Be thankful for what you have instead of looking at what you don't have,I an sure any AMT that is laid off would love to have it and so would the AMT's at other airlines and FEDEX.

Streight from your mangement pamplet! You sound a lot like DOL. Leave this to the membership.

BTW- If you really are a mechanic then shame on you for throwing junior and Laid off mechs under the bus! Its not all about you.

luvubas

I am a mechanic and this is not about throwing anyone under the bus,this is about doing what's best for my family and for those that are laid off or have low seniority good luck to you! Hope you get back soon but I will vote Yes on this contract just like the majority of the people will.I can't tell my creditors I can't pay my bills this month because I am providing finical aide to the laid mechanics at UPS.Sounds stupid doesn't it!So for me this contract is all about me and every other mechanic it's about them.51 percent of the people will not think as stupid as you sound and vote that same stupid way.No topped out mechanic is going to leave that money on the table.