Lost DOT Card

mrbrownstone

I searched this 1st but still wanted to post.

I lost my DOT card. Not medically, I literally lost the card. I know HR keeps copies of it. Does anyone know if they can just give me a copy of their copy? Or, do I need to contact the doctors office for another orignal?

I'm not due for a physical until this coming Oct so it's too far off to need a whole new physical.

Mike57

Idea for all.
Take pictures of the DOT Medical card, your CDL, AND insurance cards on your smart phone.
I'm not sure it this idea will work all over.

CHALLY9TX

When I lost mine I had to contact the Dr. Office for a replacement. DO NOT DRIVE WITHOUT IT. Let your management team know ASAP.

rod

Retired 22 years
The doc will give you a new one. All you have to do is turn your head sideways and cough while bending over the exam table with your pants down around your knees.

UPSmechanicinblue

What do I do if my medical card gets lost or damaged?

Call the doctors office that did the original DOT exam and find out what the process is to get a duplicate made and sent to you. The medical office has to keep this information on file for at least three years, so they will have it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Idea for all.
Take pictures of the DOT Medical card, your CDL, AND insurance cards on your smart phone.
I'm not sure it this idea will work all over.

Good idea.

Another good idea is to add a family member or close friend as your "In Case Of Emergency" contact on your smart phone.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The doc will give you a new one. All you have to do is turn your head sideways and cough while bending over the exam table with your pants down around your knees.

OUCH!
bendoverandsmile.gif

mrbrownstone

So I told sup I lost DOT card. They said I could just get photocopy from HR.

I'm paranoid about carrying around photocopied documents so I just decided to call doctor's office for another one. They told me it would be $10 to replace.
When I went to the doctor's office thus morning that gave me another original and said don't worry about $10. Working for UPS has it's perks.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In my feeder dept, they kept track of your DOT expiration. and would leave you a nastygram in your cubbyhole to remind you. They also made a copy of it when you got a new one to keep in their files. Didn't have to go to HR

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So I told sup I lost DOT card. They said I could just get photocopy from HR.

I'm paranoid about carrying around photocopied documents so I just decided to call doctor's office for another one. They told me it would be $10 to replace.
When I went to the doctor's office thus morning that gave me another original and said don't worry about $10. Working for UPS has it's perks.

just for future reference, without a medical card you are NOT a dot commercial driver. this can be very very serious. if stopped you will be redtagged on the spot and HEAVILY fined with points on your license. you could LOSE your license. your vehicle could be TOWED and impounded.

if you get in an accident and cause injury and/or property damage without a medical card you could be ARRESTED and criminally charged and go to PRISON. UPS probably would FIRE you.

these are worse case scenarios and an EXPENSIVE lawyer "might" be able to help you. hopefully this will scare anyone from operating a commercial vehicle without a license and or a medical card in your possession.

I would ask a DOT officer at the scales if you can get by with a photocopy. not sure on that. I know the feere dept. keeps a copy and the doctor can give you an original. good excuse to take a day off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are not supposed to get behind the wheel of a company vehicle without your license and DOT card.

just for future reference, without a medical card you are NOT a dot commercial driver. this can be very very serious. if stopped you will be redtagged on the spot and HEAVILY fined with points on your license. you could LOSE your license. your vehicle could be TOWED and impounded.

if you get in an accident and cause injury and/or property damage without a medical card you could be ARRESTED and criminally charged and go to PRISON. UPS probably would FIRE you.

these are worse case scenarios and an EXPENSIVE lawyer "might" be able to help you. hopefully this will scare anyone from operating a commercial vehicle without a license and or a medical card in your possession.

I would ask a DOT officer at the scales if you can get by with a photocopy. not sure on that. I know the feere dept. keeps a copy and the doctor can give you an original. good excuse to take a day off.

This has already been covered.

Try to keep up.

I searched this 1st but still wanted to post.

I lost my DOT card. Not medically, I literally lost the card. I know HR keeps copies of it. Does anyone know if they can just give me a copy of their copy? Or, do I need to contact the doctors office for another orignal?

I'm not due for a physical until this coming Oct so it's too far off to need a whole new physical.
Yeah your center manager can get a copy of it for you. It's happened before.