Lunch?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The job is what it is. He could have just worked though his lunch and made his game, but he didn't want to give up that 45 minutes. He's basically risking his job (and the OMS's job) for 45 minutes of paid time. That's not a percentage play.

We have to record a lunch in the DIAD. I suppose he could have recorded a lunch and worked right through it--it's not as though they check delivery records, especially when it is in their favor. As you said, he wanted the 45 minutes of paid time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We have to record a lunch in the DIAD. I suppose he could have recorded a lunch and worked right through it--it's not as though they check delivery records, especially when it is in their favor. As you said, he wanted the 45 minutes of paid time.

That 45 minutes of paid time would look pretty miniscule if your on the unemployment line the following week.
Would rather consider the $24 lost as a small price to pay to be able to coach my kid once in a while.

Since I am satellited, I take my diad home on a daily basis. Many times I will take my lunch on my way to whatever event my kids are participating in and punch out after arriving at the event.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had never heard of anyone taking their lunch while driving back to the center. As Integrity said, this needs to be brought to the steward's attention.

I will admit that I have done the second one a few times, each time losing less than 5 minutes. I also admit to punching out 1 minute past 9.5 if I was knowingly sent out over dispatched simply to make a statement.

Doing this willfully could be construed as theft of time/dishonesty.

I do my work, come in, punch out, and go home. If its 9.49 then its 9.49 and the day doesnt count towards my 9.5 grievance. If its 9.52 then it does. I'm not playing games.

soberups

On the very rare occasions when I have an unavoidable commitment in the early evening and need to skip lunch in order to get off early... I will put "Lunch 12:00-12:00" in the board and then work right on through my lunch period. Total honesty, total transparency, no falsification of timecard, and I get fully compensated for all hours worked. The only consequence is having to spend a few minutes listening to my management team bitch and whine about it the next day. Worst-case scenario might involve getting a warning letter for it, which simply means waiting 9 months and a day before doing it again. I'm not saying it is the right thing to do, but its a better choice than just caving in and working for free.

old levi's

blank space
On the very rare occasions when I have an unavoidable commitment in the early evening and need to skip lunch in order to get off early... I will put "Lunch 12:00-12:00" in the board and then work right on through my lunch period. Total honesty, total transparency, no falsification of timecard, and I get fully compensated for all hours worked. The only consequence is having to spend a few minutes listening to my management team bitch and whine about it the next day. Worst-case scenario might involve getting a warning letter for it, which simply means waiting 9 months and a day before doing it again. I'm not saying it is the right thing to do, but its a better choice than just caving in and working for free.

Don't understand how you would get paid for that hour. Here, one unpaid hour (lunch) is kicked out of the daily time regardless of what is entered into diad.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Don't understand how you would get paid for that hour. Here, one unpaid hour (lunch) is kicked out of the daily time regardless of what is entered into diad.
They stopped automatically taking that hour out in a lot of areas ( I thought they stopped doing that everywhere, but apparently not). Now if you don't put a lunch in the board, it doesn't get taken out.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hey, Thread-killer. If you are feeling feisty one day, don't take a lunch. You could grieve the theft of the lunch, afterward.
Uh-oh, I think I might gets spanked by the teacher for supposedly soliciting a grievance.
:winks:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
When will UPS start requiring on roads to provide pics of their odometer readings on their personal vehicles used to move misloads? I know a guy who makes a killing at this and might move 1 misload every other day. He said something about "wear and tear" on his own stuff.

soberups

We get paid for the hours we enter into the DIAD, they dont automatically take away the hour like they used to. If you put in a lunch of zero minutes and you dont get paid for all hours worked, you could file a grievance for the missing pay. The company could then turn around and give you a warning letter for not taking a lunch, but it would not change the fact that they still owe you for the time you worked.