Management Pension Buyout

R

Retire Now

I heard there will be an announcement by the end of July. Does anyone have any info on this?

tieguy

Banned
oh good we haven't had a good pension buyout rumor yet this year.

Lets create some fictitous formula and spread it like gospel.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
+1 on firing some of em. How long before the center manager's job is not needed. Thin the herd and save a bundle.

Thats the nice thing about the internet , you get to say here what you don't have the stones to say directly to your center manager.:happy-very:

helenofcalifornia

And since when does a center manager ever say what he thinks of the driver to his face?? He saves that for the privacy of his office surrounded by all his management team.

W

Wishfull

I heard there will be an announcement by the end of July. Does anyone have any info on this?
......I heard ( unconfirmed for now ) that the announcement will be on 09 01 2008.....The only way to control costs is to get the upper echelon to retire.....Looks like the 6 billion given to the Teamsters instead of the 2 billion planned made a 05/01 pension buy out impossible....the date is presently 09/01....Im hoping the cutoff will be the 80 of combined age & service......

S

speeddemon

"Fire a center manager and take a center manager as a BONUS!" Who can brown screw for you?!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The whole management structure reminds me of the movie "The Matrix". They all live in a cyber world of numbers and reports. Each of them only worried about their little corner of the matrix. In the end reality is lost.

I honestly believe that their ultimate goal is to find a way to plug that DIAD into the back of my head so I can fly. That's the only way the PAS system will ever realize it's perceived potential.

rocket man

It makes no sence to do that.. The company should just bust there balls,LET them quit, But make there life miserable first.See how it feels.Then let them go to the union oh they cant theses are people who were in the union who turned in there browns for a suite,Buy some new cars let the supers go.

Six Sides

I heard that something relating to management pensions will be released on July 28. Maybe it is the update to the pension changes that we were to receive by the end of the first quarter (remember your one vision letter we received in January).

filthpig

Seems to me a buy-out would be a death sentence in this economy. With their stock-based retirement in the crapper and the fact that 50+ year-old middle managers aren't exactly in high demand, it seems like it would be the bitter end.
Most of the guys I know who would be affected by this have kids in high school or college and big bills from the high times of a few years ago.
If I was in this category, I'd be soiling myself.

tieguy

Banned
It makes no sence to do that.. The company should just bust there balls,LET them quit, But make there life miserable first.See how it feels.Then let them go to the union oh they cant theses are people who were in the union who turned in there browns for a suite,Buy some new cars let the supers go.

if you're going to go on a hate trip rant can you at least do so in some form of recognizable english?