Management Pension Buyout

H

hE:1

Seems to me a buy-out would be a death sentence in this economy. With their stock-based retirement in the crapper and the fact that 50+ year-old middle managers aren't exactly in high demand, it seems like it would be the bitter end.
Most of the guys I know who would be affected by this have kids in high school or college and big bills from the high times of a few years ago.
If I was in this category, I'd be soiling myself.

Don't worry about a buyout. UPS has bigger problems.

For the most part a 50-something manager with 25+ years at UPS and skills that can be applied to another industry can make a whole lot more money at an easier job. Having UPS on their resume is SOLID GOLD.

Not so with you.

At any rate, you should be soiling yourself. Within the next 8 years UPS is going to lose a big chunk of their management structure to retirement. In some cases it's going to be up to 80 percent.

UPS might enjoy shedding 8 or 12 or even 15 percent. They can't survive 40 percent - and more than that is going to hit the door in the near future and you still don't have a qualified replacement candidate pool.

Meanwhile, try to ship a next-day envelope across country. See if it doesn't cost you about $60. That's one reason you're dying right now.

Then keep in mind that UPS can't hit plan to save their lives - not in any category that I'm aware of.

I wouldn't lose sleep over buyouts or management having a problem. There'll be tens of thousands of UPS Teamsters on the street having a lot harder time. Soon. Just watch.

broncobros1

Don't worry about a buyout. UPS has bigger problems.

For the most part a 50-something manager with 25+ years at UPS and skills that can be applied to another industry can make a whole lot more money at an easier job. Having UPS on their resume is SOLID GOLD.

Not so with you.

At any rate, you should be soiling yourself. Within the next 8 years UPS is going to lose a big chunk of their management structure to retirement. In some cases it's going to be up to 80 percent.

UPS might enjoy shedding 8 or 12 or even 15 percent. They can't survive 40 percent - and more than that is going to hit the door in the near future and you still don't have a qualified replacement candidate pool.

Meanwhile, try to ship a next-day envelope across country. See if it doesn't cost you about $60. That's one reason you're dying right now.

Then keep in mind that UPS can't hit plan to save their lives - not in any category that I'm aware of.

I wouldn't lose sleep over buyouts or management having a problem. There'll be tens of thousands of UPS Teamsters on the street having a lot harder time. Soon. Just watch.

Amen! Still waiting for the next strike. I wonder what is more important; feeding your family or a faction of the Mob? :wink2:

New Englander

if you're going to go on a hate trip rant can you at least do so in some form of recognizable english?

Always start your sentences with a lower case letter? You should probably use a capital E for English as well.

:blahblah:

Get your ducks in a row Tie, it'll help!

brownIEman

It makes no sence to do that.. The company should just bust there balls,LET them quit, But make there life miserable first.See how it feels.Then let them go to the union oh they cant theses are people who were in the union who turned in there browns for a suite,Buy some new cars let the supers go.

ummm, the company should just bust the balls of members of management? Which company have you been working for? That is not a potential future plan, that is management training 101 at UPS, and has been for ever. Being able to have someone bust your balls on a daily basis and take it in stride is an absolute prerequisite for management at this company. 'Course, we don't CALL it ball busting, we call it "Constructive dissatisfaction".