Manual transmissions need to be gone yesterday!

DriverNerd

You brake with your left foot?

Absolutely. Much more efficient driving. Had to many years ago when I hurt my right ankle and the doctor advised me to use my left foot in case I had to slam on the brakes. Never went back. I can switch between left foot and right foot braking. When I drive an old 10 cube I can't left foot brake because the steering column goes in between the clutch and brake pedal.

DriverNerd

I don't see the problem with it. I understand the reasons for not using your left foot for braking....riding the brakes, the tendency to push down with both feet in a panic situation, and not having smooth stopping with your non dominant side. I don't have a problem with smoothness or panic stopping and my foot is never on the brake when it doesn't need to be (that is an annoyance to everyone). I still prefer it. Smoother turns (accelerating as soon as convenient) and in tight parking lots having your foot hovering over your brake when someone pulls out unexpectedly gets you an instant stop. I'm no race car driver (I certainly don't drive like one - I left that behind in my teens) and although I think I'm a good driver (I think everyone thinks they're a good driver), I'm sure I'm nothing special.

clean hairy

Absolutely. Much more efficient driving. Had to many years ago when I hurt my right ankle and the doctor advised me to use my left foot in case I had to slam on the brakes. Never went back. I can switch between left foot and right foot braking. When I drive an old 10 cube I can't left foot brake because the steering column goes in between the clutch and brake pedal.
Why didn't you just use left foot for both gas and brake?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm no race car driver (I certainly don't drive like one - I left that behind in my teens) and although I think I'm a good driver (I think everyone thinks they're a good driver), I'm sure I'm nothing special.

If you'd ever drive race cars you would learn to NEVER use your left for brakes. Left foot is for clutch pedals only.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Hey!!! Offensive word there!! I'm reporting that!
I'm not allowed to call people foolish?

Sorry, Im a kid of the 80's when we used that word without repercussion. And I still use it like that. Now, if I was pointing these words at someone with autism or Down's, then we would have a problem.

Also, when you work on my truck I never want you to call it "retarding the timing". I find that offensive :p

DriverNerd

If you'd ever drive race cars you would learn to NEVER use your left for brakes. Left foot is for clutch pedals only.

Do you think that race car drivers who drive vehicles without clutches use their right foot to brake?! And those that use clutches I'm sure are well trained on heel-and-toe driving techniques. Something I most certainly can not do.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why didn't you just use left foot for both gas and brake?

I tried that once with my 56 Chevy 327-4-speed after I had injured my right leg to the point I thought I had broke it. I ended up running into the back of a friends 66 fastback Mustang. It wasn't one of my better nights.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Do you think that race car drivers who drive vehicles without clutches use their right foot to brake?! And those that use clutches I'm sure are well trained on heel-and-toe driving techniques. Something I most certainly can not do.
Race car without a clutch.......that's just silly......LOL
I've yet to drive a race car without a clutch.
And every race car that I've driven, right foot is for gas and brake, left is for clutch. When you have to hit the brakes and you go both feet to the floor, one on the brake and one on the clutch. And not all race car drivers so heel-toe. I know how it's just not my preferred method.

rod

Retired 22 years
Race car without a clutch.......that's just silly......LOL
I've yet to drive a race car without a clutch.
And every race car that I've driven, right foot is for gas and brake, left is for clutch. When you have to hit the brakes and you go both feet to the floor, one on the brake and one on the clutch. And not all race car drivers so heel-toe. I know how it's just not my preferred method.

not into sprint cars? :-)