Maps for feeder drivers.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
New feeder driver here. Wondering if anyone has maps for hubs in SC, NC, GA, TN, or VA. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Like a map of the hubs showing where the best bathrooms and vending machines are? Or are you asking us to teach you how to use Google maps?

Ask dispatch for the address.
Use satellite view to see where the truck entrance is and look for dead ends on the yard. Don't overthink this.

quad decade guy

New feeder driver here. Wondering if anyone has maps for hubs in SC, NC, GA, TN, or VA. Any help is greatly appreciated.
You've stumbled upon one of UPS's many failings.

The IVIS is easily capable but it is not.

You are expected to "discover" how the yard is laid out and other local quirks and customs. You are also expected to overcome these obstacles and be on time and safe.

You are also expected to use your phone to work around these failings. Use your own money to buy a phone and maps etc.

You could not leave without printed instructions if you want to press it. Then use the phones at the facility. That's it. You decide.

Is this fair and right? No.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
One would think a big company like UPS would have a website with every exit and directions to our facilities available for its drivers?

trickpony1

Your dispatch office should have maps.
These maps are typically drawn on a Big Chief tablet with a number 2 pencil.

Use their ineptness to your advantage.
You get paid to drive around looking for stuff.

I got lost driving to a major airport with two trailers of "hot" Air.
They didn't send me there again.

Don't hold yourself out as a superhero because they will expect it from then on.
The cemetery is full of heroes.

Kick it back.....

Cowboy Mac

I would say go talk to dispatch or find an ORS at one of those buildings. A lot of times they have maps of other buildings around that area. Or if you want to find it yourself go to google maps and type in “UPS CC”. Put it on satellite mode so you can see a birds eye view.

Johney

I was given a whole pack of maps when I was in feeder training of direction's to every hub,building,pad or meet point I'd ever have to go to. Also maps of both Jacksonville and Hialeah yards with every door and parking spot number.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
One would think a big company like UPS would have a website with every exit and directions to our facilities available for its drivers?
There's a fairly new system where you can type in the equipment number on the computer in the dispatch office and see the exact place on a map where a trailer or truck last had a GPS ping.

The computer is logged into this application approximately 0% of the time and no one ever complains. It's almost like people like making money driving around the yard.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I would say go talk to dispatch or find an ORS at one of those buildings. A lot of times they have maps of other buildings around that area. Or if you want to find it yourself go to google maps and type in “UPS CC”. Put it on satellite mode so you can see a birds eye view.
Thats what I used to do when they sent me somewhere I hadn’t been before. Google UPS Vero Beach customer center or wherever then look it up on google earth. Make sure you don’t skip that last step because if you do that with my hub you will get sent to the employee parking lot with nowhere to turn around. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been leaving work and see a truck get stuck.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
1644691206244.gif

Cowboy Mac

Thats what I used to do when they sent me somewhere I hadn’t been before. Google UPS Vero Beach customer center or wherever then look it up on google earth. Make sure you don’t skip that last step because if you do that with my hub you will get sent to the employee parking lot with nowhere to turn around. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been leaving work and see a truck get stuck.
Happens all the time at my building, especially with contractors. If it’s a brownie I’ll stop them before they get stuck. But I love watching the gypsies park because they think they’re here, then they come out of the guard shack all mad because they’re at the wrong gate and they have to back out into traffic.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Happens all the time at my building, especially with contractors. If it’s a brownie I’ll stop them before they get stuck. But I love watching the gypsies park because they think they’re here, then they come out of the guard shack all mad because they’re at the wrong gate and they have to back out into traffic.
It’s always the contractors. I’ve never seen a brown truck do it because we know better.

I was feeling generous one night and it was Friday so I helped one guy get turned around and then gave him turn by turn directions to get to the feeder gate. As I’m explaining it I notice he’s got a deer in the headlights look and I felt bad for him and just told him to follow me.

Cowboy Mac

What cool about google maps though is if you type in UPS CC, it will show you all of the buildings in the area shown on the map. Just as an example, these are all the buildings in and around Houston, TX.
48385806-6438-4CB0-859E-6B45949CE59D.png

So then you can say, I want to see the layout of the Stafford building. So you click Satellite view and zoom in on that location:

64848D5C-47FE-4AB2-A4C2-80D390DAC8C1.png

You can zoom in further than that, but that shows you the main roads and gives you an idea of where the truck entrance is.

Cowboy Mac

It’s always the contractors. I’ve never seen a brown truck do it because we know better.

I was feeling generous one night and it was Friday so I helped one guy get turned around and then gave him turn by turn directions to get to the feeder gate. As I’m explaining it I notice he’s got a deer in the headlights look and I felt bad for him and just told him to follow me.
I’ve only seen one brown truck. Every now and then we’ll get sleepers come in on that side but I consider those brownies even though the tractor is white. You’re definitely nicer than I am, but I’m a cover so I have a bone to pick with those guys.