Maps for feeder drivers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Like a map of the hubs showing where the best bathrooms and vending machines are? Or are you asking us to teach you how to use Google maps?

Ask dispatch for the address.
Use satellite view to see where the truck entrance is and look for dead ends on the yard. Don't overthink this.
Some of the dispatch “maps” are a joke…supposedly done by IE….we’ll there’s your answer…like you said, just look it up… or ask another driver.. works well for customer pu’s using zzz’s

muthatrucka

You've stumbled upon one of UPS's many failings.

The IVIS is easily capable but it is not.

You are expected to "discover" how the yard is laid out and other local quirks and customs. You are also expected to overcome these obstacles and be on time and safe.

You are also expected to use your phone to work around these failings. Use your own money to buy a phone and maps etc.

You could not leave without printed instructions if you want to press it. Then use the phones at the facility. That's it. You decide.

Is this fair and right? No.
They can't even afford to staff mechanics on Fridays and Saturdays to fix outbound loads. No way are they gonna pay everyone's phone bill or upgrade anything including our broken down fleet that we can't get parts for due to "the supply chain". But our stock prices are GREAT!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The IVIS is easily capable but it is not.

You are expected to "discover" how the yard is laid out and other local quirks and customs. You are also expected to overcome these obstacles and be on time and safe.

You are also expected to use your phone to work around these failings. Use your own money to buy a phone and maps etc.

You could not leave without printed instructions if you want to press it. Then use the phones at the facility. That's it. You decide.

Is this fair and right? No.
For you being a 40+ year employee who probably could have left this joint 10 years ago, you really have let this company mind :censored2: you. I have never seen a 40 year guy be so manipulated… and you seem to be with the constant posts about how they have done you wrong…I find it so ridiculous.

trickpony1

I could be wrong but isn't the original poster (OP) paid by the hour?

I/we understand the OP just made feeder qual list and he wants to buy favor/pride with his dispatcher and ORS but he's setting himself up for a bad situation when he has an accident early in his feeder career.

I wonder if he was a runner/gunner in pkg car?
Feeders are too big/heavy to whip around like a pkg car.

I wish him the best of luck, I really do.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What cool about google maps though is if you type in UPS CC, it will show you all of the buildings in the area shown on the map. Just as an example, these are all the buildings in and around Houston, TX.View attachment 372473

So then you can say, I want to see the layout of the Stafford building. So you click Satellite view and zoom in on that location:

View attachment 372474
You can zoom in further than that, but that shows you the main roads and gives you an idea of where the truck entrance is.
:censored2: that entire building and :censored2: the * that run it

Last edited by a moderator:

quad decade guy

For you being a 40+ year employee who probably could have left this joint 10 years ago, you really have let this company mind :censored2: you. I have never seen a 40 year guy be so manipulated… and you seem to be with the constant posts about how they have done you wrong…I find it so ridiculous.
Dear internet toughguy,

Not sure what you are talking about....the only time I've used my phone for Google earth is to look at my personal home.

I've talked extensively about the IVIS and UPS's failings.....I let them fail. The OP and most of you guys use your phone. If I break down....I send an IVIS message.......they don't read it? I can walk 20 miles to a phone, IDC. I went to a new hub the other day. Oh, I got printed directions to the Hub.....not where the entrance was.....so I drove around(with a set) till I found it....shrug.

You don't know me champ.

We're all manipulated......if you have EVER used your personal phone to do business.....you have been mindf'ed and manipulated.....got it Chief?

BTW, I go through my day without touching my phone........that's manipulation for ya.....CHAMP.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
That wasn't my building, but I went there every night for several years and pulled Mestx/Daltx loads out of there. It was at night, so I didn't have a whole lot of interaction with the employees there.

Last edited by a moderator:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Dear internet toughguy,

Not sure what you are talking about....the only time I've used my phone for Google earth is to look at my personal home.

I've talked extensively about the IVIS and UPS's failings.....I let them fail. The OP and most of you guys use your phone. If I break down....I send an IVIS message.......they don't read it? I can walk 20 miles to a phone, IDC. I went to a new hub the other day. Oh, I got printed directions to the Hub.....not where the entrance was.....so I drove around(with a set) till I found it....shrug.

You don't know me champ.

We're all manipulated......if you have EVER used your personal phone to do business.....you have been mindf'ed and manipulated.....got it Chief?

BTW, I go through my day without touching my phone........that's manipulation for ya.....CHAMP.
Can’t imagine many people want to talk to you

Cowboy Mac

That wasn't my building, but I went there every night for several years and pulled Mestx/Daltx loads out of there. It was at night, so I didn't have a whole lot of interaction with the employees there.
Every couple of years they get so messed up, they’re calling pkg drivers from all over the state to bail them out.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Dear internet toughguy,

You don't know me champ.

you're a pretty tough guy lmao

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
you're a pretty tough guy lmao
Seriously. If someone talked to me the way this keyboard warrior does, I would meet your ass at the gas station down the road after work and see if you can back up that big mouth. Being 70 that he is, I would gamble a guess he’s a pussycat in real life because that mouth of his would get him knocked the **** out at my hub.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Dear internet toughguy,

You don't know me champ.

My building was ranked #1 in country for Load Retainer usage, just wanted to share this.

quad decade guy

Seriously. If someone talked to me the way this keyboard warrior does, I would meet your ass at the gas station down the road after work and see if you can back up that big mouth. Being 70 that he is, I would gamble a guess he’s a pussycat in real life because that mouth of his would get him knocked the **** out at my hub.
Not 70.

Or even close.

The outcome is never certain. Are you a gambler?

Johney

Thats what I used to do when they sent me somewhere I hadn’t been before. Google UPS Vero Beach customer center or wherever then look it up on google earth. Make sure you don’t skip that last step because if you do that with my hub you will get sent to the employee parking lot with nowhere to turn around. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been leaving work and see a truck get stuck.

Happens all the time at my building, especially with contractors. If it’s a brownie I’ll stop them before they get stuck. But I love watching the gypsies park because they think they’re here, then they come out of the guard shack all mad because they’re at the wrong gate and they have to back out into traffic.

It’s always the contractors. I’ve never seen a brown truck do it because we know better.

I was feeling generous one night and it was Friday so I helped one guy get turned around and then gave him turn by turn directions to get to the feeder gate. As I’m explaining it I notice he’s got a deer in the headlights look and I felt bad for him and just told him to follow me.
The Deerfield Beach building was notorious for screwing up the contractors. The customer counter was on the north side of the building(where GPS took them)and there was no way out unless you went into the employee parking(which also was their m/t lot)and with a full size twin screw sleeper that wasn't going to happen. The entrance for feeders was on the south side. Watching those clowns try and turn around or back down the street was hilarious.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
The Deerfield Beach building was notorious for screwing up the contractors. The customer counter was on the north side of the building(where GPS took them)and there was no way out unless you went into the employee parking(which also was their m/t lot)and with a full size twin screw sleeper that wasn't going to happen. The entrance for feeders was on the south side. Watching those clowns try and turn around or back down the street was hilarious.
Almost the exact same setup at Jax. The customer center is next to the employee parking lot with no way to the yard. The road dead ends at a gate that I’ve never seen open and I’m not sure why it’s there. So you have to turn around and you aren’t making the turn into the parking lot with a sleeper cab or even a single screw day cab.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dear internet toughguy,
Only person on here who seems to cop a fricken attitude all the time seems to be you …so I’m thinking the”internet tough guy” tag belongs to you.
I never once said ANYTHING about your phone…where did you get that from?
I've talked extensively about the IVIS and UPS's failings.....I let them fail. The OP and most of you guys use your phone. If I break down....I send an IVIS message.......they don't read it? I can walk 20 miles to a phone, IDC.
Once again, not sure why you are tripping out about your phone pops…did anyone say anything about your phone??
I went to a new hub the other day. Oh, I got printed directions to the Hub.....not where the entrance was.....so I drove around(with a set) till I found it....shrug.
Ok.. so you did your job…you want a cookie??
You don't know me champ.
Stop.. you’re embarrassing yourself…
Chief??? Champ??? I didn’t know you were my uncle???
BTW, I go through my day without touching my phone.......
Again with the phone…you have mentioned that damn phone 3 or 4 times and I mentioned it ZERO times…

.that's manipulation for ya.....CHAMP.
Again with the Champ…I’m not 10…not talking to my grandpa, or uncle..so stop making a total ass out of yourself. You’ve had a dozen people on here mention to you why you continually get punked, razzed, and just not respected but you continue to come on here and spout the same ol’ crap…think if all this was happening to anyone else they would just say :censored2: it and give BC a break for awhile…but go ahead and keep doing you…it’s going to get to the point that EVERYONE on here puts you on ignore and you can have an intelligent conversation with yourself…and don’t bother even responding because you’re going back on ignore…but I’d bet the bank that’s not going to happen… just not your personality to let anything go considering your prior posts on here…have to be argumentative with everything.. have to have the last word on everything..

Last edited:

quad decade guy

Only person on here who seems to cop a fricken attitude all the time seems to be you …so I’m thinking the”internet tough guy” tag belongs to you.

I never once said ANYTHING about your phone…where did you get that from?

Once again, not sure why you are tripping out about your phone pops…did anyone say anything about your phone??

Ok.. so you did your job…you want a cookie??
This
Some of the dispatch “maps” are a joke…supposedly done by IE….we’ll there’s your answer…like you said, just look it up… or ask another driver.. works well for customer pu’s using zzz’s

Just look it up....how?

For such an angry bully.....say, maybe you are angry because you are being manipulated....there ya go.
Be honest, do you use your personal phone for business?