Marijuana the legalization of it?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Former pothead Barack Obama says marijuana in no different from cigarettes and no "more dangerous than alcohol."
In a lengthy article published in the New Yorker, the president downplays the danger of marijuana as nothing more than a "bad habit," despite numerous reports that the drug is far more dangerous than once thought.

"No more than a bad habit"........I'd like to hear what drug counselors think about his flippancy.

wkmac

Regardless how Obama put it, sure beat the hell out of what Ted Cruz wants. If the GOP could ever grasp the idea of limited gov't in the privacy of one's life and home, election sure would get a bit more interesting to watch.

In the meantime, a rather interesting montage of film clips of news stories, documentaries, etc. on the Scientific Research on Cannabis and Cannabinoids as it relates to medical uses.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Regardless how Obama put it, sure beat the hell out of what Ted Cruz wants. If the GOP could ever grasp the idea of limited gov't in the privacy of one's life and home, election sure would get a bit more interesting to watch.

Amen Brother,
Most people I know (including me) biggest problem with teh GOP is the party's inability to keep their noses out of our bedrooms and private life.
I gag every time I hear a Republican talk about liberty and freedom.
I gag every time I hear a Democrat talk.
Terrible choices we have.

moreluck

golden ticket member
143356_600.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
So if pot is legal in Colorado, is it allowed in prisons?

Have all the offenders of pot been released from prison?

If parents smoke pot around their kids......is it OK to get your kids high? Does someone call DFS ?

There are so many 'gray area' questions, both CO. and WA. are going to regret making it legal.

wkmac

So if pot is legal in Colorado, is it allowed in prisons?

Have all the offenders of pot been released from prison?

If parents smoke pot around their kids......is it OK to get your kids high? Does someone call DFS ?

There are so many 'gray area' questions, both CO. and WA. are going to regret making it legal.

My reply at post #132

moreluck

golden ticket member
Where is the killing of growing brain cells in kids discussed ? Some say there's brain damage.....some say no. Big chance to take if you are wrong and think pot is harmless........risk yourself, no one cares, but the kid deserves to have their brain cells intact.

Fedex Guy

Where is the killing of growing brain cells in kids discussed ? Some say there's brain damage.....some say no. Big chance to take if you are wrong and think pot is harmless........risk yourself, no one cares, but the kid deserves to have their brain cells intact.

Isn't there a age limit. Obv not ok to get children stoned.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Isn't there a age limit. Obv not ok to get children stoned.
We were in a scenario where parents might use pot and then kids are exposed to it 2nd hand......if parents are smoking it.

(In the 50's I was in the back seat of a cross country trip on RTE 66 and both parents smoking in the front seat. That would be considered child abuse by today's standards.)

oldngray

nowhere special
The big problem with marijuana is not its short term effects ( which are probably less harmful than alcohol) but it remains in system a lot longer and at what amount would it be enough to cause impairment? Commercial drivers are held to a much higher standard with any drugs or medications so even trace amounts in system might be enough to cause concern. For sure I wouldn't want any in my system if I was checked after an accident.

oldngray

nowhere special
From the very conservative town of Dayton, OH:

http://www.daytoncitypaper.com/debate-forum-0415/

Debate Right:
[Editor's note: On behalf of the Dayton City Paper staff, we apologize, but we were unable to locate a debate writer who was able to submit a view opposed to the legalization of marijuana in Ohio at this time.]

That is just a local free paper with a very liberal slant. Its very doubtful they tried very hard to find anyone with an opposing view. All cities in Ohio have a "paper" like that and they are considered jokes just below the ones put out by college students in university newspapers. It is definitely not a major mainstream Dayton newspaper.

Fedex Guy

We were in a scenario where parents might use pot and then kids are exposed to it 2nd hand......if parents are smoking it.

(In the 50's I was in the back seat of a cross country trip on RTE 66 and both parents smoking in the front seat. That would be considered child abuse by today's standards.)

Yeah, very true.