Marty's retiring

rod

Retired 22 years
Well I know this is an old thread but Marty would be about 103, 104 in 2024. Does anyone know if he’s still kicking??? And it’s interesting to see that most of the people who posted in this thread are long gone, never to be seen again.
I'm still here and glad as ever that I had the sense enough to retire at 53 when I got my 30 in. Marty had to have a screw loose not to retire early enough to enjoy it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm still here and glad as ever that I had the sense enough to retire at 53 when I got my 30 in. Marty had to have a screw loose not to retire early enough to enjoy it.
Different breed…different era. We have a handful of feeders here in their late 60’s early 70’s. And in some of these cases it’s not a money issue. To each their own I guess.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Different breed…different era. We have a handful of feeders here in their late 60’s early 70’s. And in some of these cases it’s not a money issue. To each their own I guess.
I think a lot of people are scared to retire knowing they will be home with the significant other every day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think a lot of people are scared to retire knowing they will be home with the significant other every day.
That’s why I’m already coaxing my wife into taking more girls trips and for longer periods of time! If I can get her out of the house for weeks on end I can sit around and do what I want….and not worry about the honey do list.

21Savage

Meh, live and let live. Why throw the word respect out over someone’s decision to work longer or not? Everyone is different and their situation is different, so leave the judgement at home is all I’m saying.
I've seen those guys that work that long. They are barely alive. Shuffle their feet just to move. Barely breathing . :censored2: that. I willl judge it. Cuz I never want to be like that.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm 34 and I'll be top pay on jan 21st
Four whole years?
A4A5BFEC-DF5A-450A-AC86-6B6A9D623DD8.gif