Mass Driver in need

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Dec 10, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

In a nutshell a New England driver Larry Stevenson in another center had a seizure while driving his UPS truck and has been taken out of service. If you have the means his family could use help:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Wow...that's sorry to hear.

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

I can understand UPS not allowing him to drive a vehicle. That is common sense and believable.
    How can they not have temporary alternate work for him inside the building DURING PEAK ? That's the unbelievable part.
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

First call should have been to his lawyer.
  5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

How long has Larry been out?

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Out of work for over a month
    That is what the page says
  7. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

years ago we had two drievrs taken out of service due to seizures but were offered the chance for inside work
  8. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

I had an aunt who had seizure's. At the time by law you could not drive for 6 months, I can only imagine what the DOT regs. are. Best wishes to Larry and his family
  9. platinum9898

platinum9898 Active Member

God bless...this co is ruthless...
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

11. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Larry is a great guy I can tell you from working with him for the past 5 years. I don't know all the details of his situation as his absences hasn't been talked about to much. I do know that at one time when he first went out he was listed as suspended on the daily personal schedule. I'll check it tomorrow and see what it says.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Found out a little bit more info. It appears either Larry's or the UPS Dr has put a not to operate heavy machinery on his work restrictions. That being said it appear the belt is considered heavy machinery so he can not work on or around it.

I guess the wheels are turning but it out of UPS hands at this point.
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

A conveyor belt which he will be removing packages from is considered to be a piece of heavy machinery?
  14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Seriously, I agree with Dave. That's BS. He is not operating the belt--he's operating his hands as they move packages.
  15. paidover95

paidover95 Member

If anyone is willing to help there is a fund set up on Go fund me.

Anything would be much appreciated.Thank You
  16. paidover95

paidover95 Member

This web site doesn't allow the link to be posted so if you search Larry Stevenson on Gofundme . Com it will bring you to the link.
  17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I would never put myself on a site like this seeking donations.
  18. BusterBrownMA

BusterBrownMA New Member

brownmonster Larry has nothing to do with the donations. His friends, myself included started the fund to help him. We like minded and fellow BROTHERS might like to help. Even small donations help. You brownmonster have the option to do nothing.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Almost $1300 so far!
  20. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Larry's from my hometown, that's some real BS that he cannot even work inside during the holidays or that UPS cannot find some TAW work for him. Shiit, washing cars or doing some porter work? Really? theres nothing he can do inside? BS!!!!!!!